April 19, 2014 | 1748 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Cork

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

It's nice to see that "Cork" is so versatile. It flatters a variety of skin tones and is used for multiple purposes. I see it used as eyebrow powder, a flat lid colour, a crease colour to add depth or even used to contour cheeks. I find it to be a perfect crease colour for myself (NC 30/35), it blends easily and beautifully with other colours. "Cork" is a wonderful addition to anyone's make-up bag. It seems to pop up in many MUA FOTDs, youtube make-up tutorials, and featured in many blogs. Although it doesn't appear unique in the pan, I haven't come across a neutral brown exactly like it. The closest is Urban Decay's "Buck." I gave this product a rating of 4 due to MAC's new animal testing policy. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by NishaDS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

MAC Cork is the perfect daytime crease colour for my NC35 skin. It is medium brown with matte finish and applies and blends like a dream. It brings a subtle warmth to my eyes and never looks too harsh.

It has won a spot on my daily neutral quad. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by spyral

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect neutral brown - not too warm, not too cool, which is great for my cool toned skin and blue eyes. I needed a nice medium matte or satin brown to enhance my Naked 2 palette. This did the trick. I really love the finish of Mac satins. I just wish Mac products weren't so expensive in Japan.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this and Espresso for my brows- cork for the beginning/front of my brows. Looks great.

Nc50/ Matchmaster 7.5

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by makeupfreek9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay, So cork is a wonderful colour by MAC, I love it because it is very neutral and really making my blue eyes pop. What I don't like is how ridiculously over-priced this product is. I love MAC. The quality is always amazing but, I would not repurchase because of how pricey it is and I'm sure i could find a very similar colour for much cheaper at Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Cork is a basic medium brown. I feel like it has tones in it that can appear naturally in skin. The texture is great and it blends really easy. I like to use it all over the lid sometimes or even as a contour shade when I have a little more color. Cork is a very natural color that can give the look of a real shadow on my skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Love this color. I am an NC/C4 light tan asian with creaseless lids. I use cork lightly all over my lid with a MAC 217 to give my eyes a little depth. It's very subtle but makes a difference (to me at least, lol!). Also a great blending color due to its soft, matte, natural color on my skintone. It's a staple color and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh, I love this colour, but I only use it for my eyebrows. Because I have red hair and red eyebrows, it is difficult for me to find something that matches - this comes out as the perfect reddish brown on me. I would definitely repurchase, but it will most likely take me forever to use up this pan, seeing as I use so little.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by LipstickLove1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Cork is one of my favourite eyeshadows, next to Soba, its a colour I wear almost everyday, either in the crease with Soba on the lid or on its own - sometimes I even use cork along my lower lashline or smudged into my eyeliner. This has a lot of warmth in it and is such a beautiful shade - Cork and Soba will forever be in my makeup kit!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by luna2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love cork, im almost out of it.. its like wedge which is one of my favourite mac eyeshadows, but wedge is lighter. im nw15-nw20 and cork although its a bit warm, i believe its perfect for a day look and it works really well with wedge, brule, arena, yogurt, grain, blanc type and bisque. you can create a subtle but beautiful look for daytime and u can pack it on your lid and make a medium-brown "smoky" eye for afternoon or night time. the pigmentation is good and you can easily blend it. as you imagine, ill probably repurchase lol