MAC Satin - Cork

4.5

on 2/1/2013 10:07:00 AM

Because I'm light skinned (NC20) I bought this for a crease shade, and I love it! It is considered a satin but it applies matte. I love the texture and think it blends quite easily and beautifully. Cork is also a great transition shade for medium/tan skin. I have a "Guide to MAC Transition Colors" on my blog if you would like to check that out!

on 12/28/2012 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My skin is medium with cool undertones and this does not show up on me that much. I would recommend this for people with lighter complexions that don't own a matte bronzer such as Benefits Hoola (which I use sometimes in the crease).

PROS: Love the satin version of their eyeshadows. The texture is divine and blendable. I love this for my N10 (slightly more NC than NW) skin. It's a nice "light/medium to medium" darkness for me. I love it for a pretty natural and buildable crease color.

CONS: Not the cheapest (but it lasts in the pan forever).

APPLICATION TIPS: The MAC 217 brush is my all-time favorite to apply this with. It even helps blend. I love to use a tiny bit of Too-Faced Shadow Insurance beforehand to keep this in place all day without drying my lids out (like some primers do).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this as a crease color. It's a very pretty brown color. I'm not sure why everyone is calling it matte. The packaging says it is a satin.

on 9/29/2012 11:44:00 AM

This is a very beautiful and versatile color. It is a warm matte brown that is perfect as an everyday crease color. Cork adds just the right amount of definition. I usually use this both in my crease and lower lash line for a nice day-time look.

on 8/30/2012 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I just love this eyeshadow it's so versatile I use this is on my eyebrows its a beautifully matte warm brown

on 8/21/2012 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Beautiful crease shade for a warm smokey eye. I thought it would be too warm/orange on my NC30 yellow undertone Asian skin, but it's perfect! Cork is slightly warmer and deeper than Wedge and creates more depth in the crease. I pair it with Powersurge liner used all over the lid for a daytime warm/dirty gold. I also pair cork in the crease with Gilty by Association-a black/gold/bronze shade. Gorgeous!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It's nice to see that "Cork" is so versatile. It flatters a variety of skin tones and is used for multiple purposes. I see it used as eyebrow powder, a flat lid colour, a crease colour to add depth or even used to contour cheeks. I find it to be a perfect crease colour for myself (NC 30/35), it blends easily and beautifully with other colours. "Cork" is a wonderful addition to anyone's make-up bag. It seems to pop up in many MUA FOTDs, youtube make-up tutorials, and featured in many blogs. Although it doesn't appear unique in the pan, I haven't come across a neutral brown exactly like it. The closest is Urban Decay's "Buck." I gave this product a rating of 4 due to MAC's new animal testing policy. I will not be repurchasing.

on 5/19/2012 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

MAC Cork is the perfect daytime crease colour for my NC35 skin. It is medium brown with matte finish and applies and blends like a dream. It brings a subtle warmth to my eyes and never looks too harsh.

It has won a spot on my daily neutral quad. Love it!

on 5/1/2012 10:10:00 AM

This is the perfect neutral brown - not too warm, not too cool, which is great for my cool toned skin and blue eyes. I needed a nice medium matte or satin brown to enhance my Naked 2 palette. This did the trick. I really love the finish of Mac satins. I just wish Mac products weren't so expensive in Japan.