August 29, 2014 | 1733 users online

Sunscreen - Kiehl's - Super Fluid UV Defense Spf 50+

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by hanako283

Definite HG for me. I haven't tried many sunscreens, and that's because I have acne-prone combination skin and usually find them too heavy for my face. I tried this one because I read that it was fluid, which was attractive to me (as opposed to the other greasy creams). I was quite surprised to see that not only did it absorb really well into my skin, it also helps keep my face shine-free (when combined with my moisturizer). I bought the small bottle, which was pricey to start with, but I will definitely purchase the bigger one once I'm done with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by vechev1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best sunblock/primer ever. I use this everyday and it doesn't break me out and it creates an amazing base for mineral makeup - which I use during the day. The finish is a matte powder finish and looks beautiful. The dispensation of the product is aggravating because its a bit messy but I still think its great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

My HG sunscreen hands down. This is very light, goes on smooth, absorbs quickly, doesn't break me out, evens out my skin tone, and has spf 50!!! I'm on my second bottle. Doesn't make me look oily, greasy,or shiny. I even got my husband hooked on this and we're both very very picky with sunscreens. Love it! Did I mention its reasonably priced too? Will purchase forever! Edit jan 2012: No longer my HG because for some reason it doesn't suit my skin anymore. It burns my skin upon application and also the smell of this product seems to be very chemical-ly. I was on my 3rd bottle when it started this and had to give it away. Now using Chanel sunscreen and its very good too for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by soverybored

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Good:
Absorbs easily, has a high SPF rating, no funky smell, not hideously expensive.

The mediocre:
I look a greasy immediately after application. Takes a few mins (up to 10, depending on how hot it is in my condo) to fully absorb, and looks more matte. But not a matte-fying lotion by any means. If you have oily skin like mine, you will look VERY shiny after an hour or two. Definitely not sweatproof, either.

The bad:
1) It stings when it drips into your eyes (I get very sweaty during the summer, and this, mixed with my sweat is even more sting-y than usual.)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by leslielgc

Best facial sunscreen I've found with this much SPF. Doesn't clog my pores at all, soaks in fast, protects, and doesn't leave me oily. Great addition to any skincare collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by HSKO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is about my 5th sunscreen. It doesn't clog pores nor make my face greasy, and does protect my skin from UV rays. That's all I want from a sunscreen. I don't want it to hydrate my skin.
In comparison with Shiseido ultimate sun protection cream which was my former sunscreen, this Super Fluid is more light, easier to wash off and faster to absorb. I will repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

If youīre looking for a great daily uv protection, this is it.
I never believed I would find a high protection cream for my face. Other creams were always feeling greasy, sticky or simply causing my acne to break out.
Not this one. Itīs super fluid, no cream, more like a light gel-cream and it feels like you have no extra layer in your face.
I use my serum and cream first, then the uv-fluid and if I want to wear make up, I put it on last. In the sumertime, I use no serum, only a thin layer of my moisturizer.
I recommend this to all skin types, but as another reviewer said, please test if youīre allegic to the chemical filters. I got a sample from kiehlīs and tested it.
Depending on your skin type, you can decide whether to use a serum or cream or both underneath to get what your skin needs.
I need it because of my acne-prone skin ad a tendency to hyperpigmetation.My dermatologist told me to use a high spf to prevent ageing spots etc.
Update 01/12/2012
This has become my HG of sunscreens! I use it literally every day under my make-up and never ever had a break out or irritation from this. No white cast, no greasy feeling and I cannot even tell, Iīm wearing sunscreen, because itīs so lightweight.
I cannot praise enough, how good this sunscreen performs under your make up, because it doesnīt interfere by making your skin greasy or slippery, so the make up wonīt stay on.
When Iīm wearing no make up on weekends, this still is better than any other sunscreen, because it leaves your skin looking natural and not matte or shiny. Again, really invisible on your face in the best way.
And no weird smell or awkward feeling on your skin.
I recommeded this to the SA at my cosmetics department and she was hooked on this stuff too and could not praise it enough. She told me, even her boyfriend liked the sunscreen.
I have problems with ageing spots and a melasma on my upper lip, so this is a must have for me. And Iīm using Aveneīs D-Pigment to remove the ageing spots and Adapalene to treat the melasma. Both contain retin-a, which forces you to use a high spf every day or you just ruin your skin.
It makes me so glad, that I found this little gem and believe me, I tried many sunscreens from La Roche Posay, Avene to Korres. Every other sunscreen just disappointed me and if you MUST use a sunscreen every day, youīre really screwed, if you donīt find a good one. I admit, itīs expensive, but it would be more expensive for me if I bought millions of serums and creams to remove the damage on my face from the sun. This is sunscreen in perfection for me. I havenīt found a better sunscreen on the market yet.
Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by xnobzx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Finding a facial sunscreen that not only worked to protect my ultra fair skin but also did not cause break outs on my acne prone skin, cause a burning sensation, and felt light has been the bane of my existence for YEARS!!! I have super oily fair skin and burn VERY easily and this stuff actually does everything it says it is going to do. It is so rare to find a product that lives up to its claims but this one does! I have tried everything from Clinique, Shisedo, Clarins, Neutrogena, Bannaboat, you name it! The only other sunscreen that I have had good results with is the Chanel UV Essential but that one is too pricey considering I have to use this stuff every day of the year(yes I am THAT fair). I was worried about the liquid texture because I imagined it would run into my eyes and cause them to burn like other sunscreens do when I sweat but so far this stuff has not done that yet and I wore this during a 5 mile charity run for leukemia in June and had no burning at all! Amazing product, new HG sunscreen, will buy again and again. I'm already on my second bottle!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2011 10:45:00 PM More reviews by ElegantStyle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am really impressed with this suncreen. I used to use Sofina White Proctect, until it was discontinued. I moved on to eltaMD Clear SPF46 and I am very happy with it, but the cost is high. Chanel UV Essential SPF 50 is so amazing with high percent of protection, but the price is so high! I went through 1 oz in a week and a half!
The cost of Kiehls Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50 is a lot better and the texture is just the same with all of the other ones I've used. There is some sheen to this one and the scent is too strong, but, if the SPF protection is good, this is worth it! I will come back to update and see how well it will work this summer.
UPDATE: It is now October and here is my update. I find that this can get very greasy on my skin. The formulation is not good for hot weather and if it runs into your eyes, it burns like a mother fckr. This might be better more the winter season, but I can't say Clarins UV would be any better. I should have tried Chanel UV again in the summer. Next year, I want to try Chanel & Clarins and see if it can get greasy as Kiehl's. I don't want to discourage anyone from buying this. This is worth getting.
UPDATE: I stopped using this totally. I still find it to be too greasy and my rating is lowered. It is colder here and I am not impressed how it runs into my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Thata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Someone said: "DONT BUY IT", that this gave her a reaction in which the skin around her face started to get inflamed. I tried it and know many people who also use and like it so when a product has such reactions, don't assume it's not a good product, your skin probably didn't agree with it or maybe you used some other ingredient from another product with it that didn't go well together. I'm not in love with it but it's a good product that does what it's supposed to, I mean, it's just my personal opinion.