April 21, 2014 | 1891 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - Super+ BB Cream Pink Label

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by rheanna96

Love this BB cream. Sits wonderfully on my skin, and I rarely needed anything else with it at all. I also have some acne scarring and it covered the discolouration quite well - I'd say it can be worked up to medium coverage. Not a fan of the packaging - works well for the first three quarters of the product, but then the pump-action lid stuck when I pressed it down, even though the bottle was still heavy enough to have a significant amount of product left. I would definitely buy this again - but I can't find it in New Zealand anywhere! Real bummer.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Diadore

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was the first bb cream I ever tried since I heard so much good positive stuff about it. I got it back in 2011 for about $18, and I want to kick myself because now I can find it for as little as $13. I have combo/oily skin that's not sensitive or problematic. It didn't make me break out and it feels really refreshing and light on application. It was amazing! It looked like a second skin, covered pores, made my skin look literally perfect and poreless, and had pretty good coverage. The only con is that it was a little too white for my skintone. I am Southeast Asian, and not even that tan, but I have too much yellow and olive undertones and this bb cream never oxidized to my skintone. If i were paler or less yellowy olivey, I would totally repurchase this. Another con is that once it starts getting closer to being one year after opening, it starts to get really oily. I had mine for a year but it started to make my face feel really heavy and oily, so I threw it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by jaaanet2

Now I heard such raves about Asian BB creams so I decided to try it out for those days that I didn't feel like putting on a whole face, but wanted a little coverage. Now i have oily acne-prone skin so I thought I try the pink version. And I found the product so-so. I am kind of tan, so the color doesn't match well with my skin, it makes me look lighter than what I am, but not a nasty like color contrast either. It would be better for people with fair or whiter complexion. Coverage wise it does a pretty decent job, it didn't cover every single blemish, but it is def. more than just a tint moisturizer. I did love the fact it has spf in it though, but I did find it leaving my skin oily which really upset me because that was the one thing I was trying to avoid. As far as it evening my skin tone, well I am not really sure if it did, I felt it kind of has, but it's a small difference. I am still using the product so maybe by the time I finish it I'll see results. I do like that it has a pump though I find it more hygienic.

However, do remove it just like you would remove make-up.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 8:48:00 AM More reviews by fsmeath

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i hate foundation but sometimes want to look more polished. this is the lightest bb cream i've sampled as far as texture but it is slightly too pink/blue toned for my pale olive skin. still, it is ok in tiny amounts. i found this too chalky when i used in place of sunscreen (that is to say, applying it liberally). i think this would probably be best suited for pale skin with pinkish undertones. the smell is quite nice-- clean, soapy, subtle.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by makeupsmad

This is a rating on the pink label, but also a comparison of the orange, gold and pink Skin79 BB creams..

I have tried my fair share of BB creams and most recently was using Dior Snow which I liked, but I couldn't get over the $50+ price tag. Plus, their coloring isn't perfect for me, so off I went on a BB cream hunt. I purchased three Skin79 BB creams in the smaller version to try them out: gold, pink & orange. I have fair, combination skin which swings very far in either direction depending on weather and skin treatments I'm doing, and is acne prone so it was hard for me to say which I 100% liked best because my needs could change even daily. I do like that I could purchase the smaller amounts for this reason.

Orange: My favorite as far as ingredients (high whitening power, 50 SPF, vitamin C), a bit less thick and went on a little easier than the pink. However, this one loses because the color is wayyyyyy too fair, yellow and doesn't oxidize to adjust like the others. I'm not heartbroken that I have it though, I could do some mixing to make it work and I'll just wear it when I will be in the sun more and don't care if I look color-matched.

Gold: Less coverage than the other two but is more silky and the most moisturizing. I'm liking this one for my dried-out winter skin that I just got IPL on...my skin barrier is currently pissed and this one has been the nicest to it. If you have dry skin this one might be your best bet because although I've had more oily skin, IPL has made me very dry while I'm healing so now I understand what it's like to have dry skin. Less is more...the heaver coverage made me look like I had a mask on and wasn't very flattering.

Pink: This one wins the color battle. It says on their site it's for oily skin and I'd agree. When I put it on it's VERY dewy, slightly gray. I couldn't even imaging not using a powder with this because of the shine, but it calms down and it kept me oil-free. I found myself using more because it's thicker. Covered well. I'm a bit dry right now and it made me feel/look dry which is not the product's fault. I'd say it does exactly what it says and for the price, it's a pretty great option for my oily days.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by alissas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

3.5 Stars

Really wanted to love this, but ultimately it was just so-so for me. I was looking for a lightweight bb cream that would cover some faint acne marks on my cheeks, blur my large pores and blend well for a natural appearance. (Being a realist, I knew that I would still need concealer for darker marks and under eye circles.) I will be going back to my Prescriptives Virtual Skin foundation.

Pros:
Good color match once it oxidized (I'm very pale with yellow undertones)
Blended well and looked natural in person.
Pores looked smaller.
Minimal amount of product went a long way to cover my skin.
Hygienic and easy to use pump.

Cons:
Finish was too dewy.
This made me look REALLY shiny and ghostlike in pictures.
Minimal coverage.
After a few weeks use, my face became very dry and the pores on my nose were unusually clogged. While it's possible that the BB cream was not the reason, I'm not using any other new products and haven't been travelling or otherwise varied my routine.

This product might be good for someone with slightly dry and mostly clear skin, who just needs a little coverage plus sunscreen.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by greenteamacaron

For reference, my skin is combination due to my oily nose, which has sometimes dry patches (weird, I know) and I'm nc 30-35 in mac.

The packaging of this bb cream is really cute and it's very easy to use since it comes with a pump. It smells like sunscreen and it has a grayish color, perfect for pale people with cool undertones. Its texture it's like a cream, very thick. It gives a light-medium coverage and it has a dewy finish.

At first I loved this bb cream. Although it has never matched my skin tone, but I didn't care too much about that, because I used some of my mineral foundation to darken it. But after a few months of usage, I was getting lots of blackheads, whiteheads and a few pimples, especially on my nose. It also made my dry patches and my pores more visible. Then I decided to investigate about this product and its ingredients...and I found out that it has isopropyl palmitate in a huge quantity. For those who don't know what isopropyl palmitate is, well, it's a moisturizing ingredient that is very known because it can cause acne. You can also find it in many other beauty products.

Overall, I give it 2 lippies, because the only good thing that it has is a nice packaging. I wouldn't repurchase it, I don't need more blackheads on my skin lol.

P.S: Sorry if you can't understand some of the things I say, English isn't my first language and I made a huge effort writing this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by shefreefalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Verdict: Amazing product for lazy days, fairly good coverage.

I was on the hunt for a product that I can easily use for school, because my usual foundation routine takes up too much of my time (I have a tan skin tone - think Beyonce - and I usually have to mix two foundation shades together to get the perfect match). The packaging comes with a very useful pump, but be warned: a little goes a LONG way with this BB cream. I usually pump out a fat teardrop size on each cheek, nose, chin and left and right area of my forehead before blending with my fingers. This is because any more than that and the product will not match my skintone, even after it has oxidised. If you're still unsure, check out official youtube videos on how to use BB creams - the models never put on alot of product. The fact that it matched was a very important requirement for me for a BB cream, as most Asian BB creams are only suited for fair skin with yellow undertones. But with this one, the cream FINALLY matches my skin tone! Hurrah!

It has a very light texture and that is exactly what I love about this BB cream: I never feel like it's sitting on my face. It absorbs easily but seems to have a grey undertone when first applied, although this disappears soon enough (as long as you don't over-apply!). It has a dewy finish, and I also like that because I feel like it makes me look fresh.

I use this for school and casual meet-ups when I feel lazy to do the whole she-bang. Although it does not give me any coverage for my dark eye circles (a problem area), it does eliminate some redness and brightens my skin. I've also been pretty blessed with good genes and never had any acne problems, so I don't know how this would work out on acne-prone/sensitive skin.

Overall, will buy again as my "lazy" foundation, unless someone can recommend me a better BB cream than this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Ingriedche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Easy to blend, dewy look (dabbed with LancĂ´me loose powder would be perfect), medium coverage, LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by keellly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have hormonal acne, oily skin, bad hyperpigmentation, pitted scarring, large pores. I purchased at crystal mall for 23cad. I like this bb cream but would not rebuy bc it's not the best color match for me, I've heard many claims that it will adjust to your skin tone and while it may adjust slightly making your skin look better-the difference between my neck was just way too obvious, I now fix it by adding one of my darker mineral powders so that I don't look like I'm wearing a face mask. (Missha bb cream in no 23 is a way better match). What I do like about skin 79 is that it makes my pores look way smaller, it's got decent oil control and has pretty good coverage, it basically does this weird thing where it tricks your eyes to make you look like you have better skin than you actually do, I have to say that my skin looks pretty decent, pretty smoothed out and pretty even, unfortunately I need better color match. I'm also suspecting that the whitening properties is working bc my skin is looking a bit lighter than I remember. I would probably choose missha over this the next time just bc of color but nonetheless still a good bb cream if its your color.