February 27, 2015 | 1872 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2015 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Inhibitedmonochrome

This was my very first eyeshadow palette, and I was really hoping it would live up to the hype! To be fair, the colours are very well matched, pigmented and go on smooth and blendable.

I have really tan asian skin, however, and this palette has too many colours that are almost invisible on my skin tone. I love the warm tones in this palette, but it is really difficult to create a complete look with this palette. there are highlights and dark shades, but only really one transition/medium shade (it's called naked). If you have lighter asian skin tone, however, this palette would complement your skin tone nicely.

This palette is on the pricier side, but for 12 shadows from Urban Decay, I'd say it's a pretty good deal. The quality of the shadows is great!

I have a love hate relationship with the packaging of this palette. On one hand, I absolutely love the feel of velvet. On the other hand, the closure of this palette and its sturdiness are not what I expected from Urban Decay. The magnetic closure isn't particularly strong, making it not an ideal choice for travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Ultrame

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really thought this was going to not live up to the hype and that I would return it. Nope. Wrong. Totally worth the absurd amount of money that i scrounged together to pay for it. Replaces every other color in my bag. Great for glam, neutral, smoky, and natural looks. Saturation really is better with UB's eye primer, but even without I think this is crazy good quality. Pigmented, long lasting, etc. Totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 6:38:00 PM More reviews by February_Starr

I am a huge fan of warm neutral shadows so this palette is perfect for me. Mine came with an eyeshadow brush which I use to apply color into my crease and on the lid (because of it's flat design I don't find it useful for blending). All of the colors are highly pigmented and buttery which makes blending easy. Prior to purchasing the Naked palette, I primarily used MAC shadows but now I prefer UD as I think the quality is nicer.

Despite how much I like this palette, there are a few drawbacks for me. First, all but 2 (Naked and Buck) of the shadows are shimmery, and I prefer to use both matte and shimmery shades in my everyday look so this isn't a 'complete' palette for me. Second is the packaging. The velvet case is pretty but traveling with it isn't ideal because it tends to get dirty and scuffed up in my makeup bag. I do like that it contains a mirror but wish that it was made of something other than cardboard. Lastly is the fall out. I find the darker shades (pretty much everything to the right of Smog) tend to have a lot of fall out on my cheeks.

Still, I like this palette and think the value is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 2:04:00 AM More reviews by BlueSeaHorse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I have to say these palettes are the best eyeshadow palettes I've ever used!! Yes they are pricey but they are worth every penny!! The pigmentation is unbelievably good, they blend super easy and the colors are wearable for any occasion. If you can only afford one or at least one for the moment I would highly suggest you buying the first one because it has the best neutral colors. I have all three of them. All three of them are very different. The first one has neutral gorgeous colors, the second one also has neutral colors and also has pearl and gold-ish colors and the third one has pink and plum colors. If you are saving money to buy a good quality eyeshadow palette don't hesitate to buy one of these!! You wont be disappointed!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2015 10:46:00 PM More reviews by ArielKaren

In love! It is perfect for everyday and dressing up. So practical, one of my all time favorite beauty products.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2015 10:16:00 PM More reviews by kusshpriincessa

This is BY FAR my favorite eye shadow palette so far, the NAKED 2 that is. There are so many different color combination options to choose from when creating a look. You can go all the way and make it dramatic, or make a natural day time look with them too. The price is a little much for my prince range but it is worth it, it doesn't fade throughout the day, and you don't get dust on your cheeks as your putting it on like you would with other eye shadows. The pigmentation pay off is beautiful and always remember, a little goes a long way!! You usually don't need to use lots to get to colour pay off your looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2015 4:31:00 AM More reviews by elusivek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I LOVE this palette. Before this I didn't know quality eyeshadow or that I could love neutrals. I went back and forth on whether or not to get 1 or 2 but I decided on this one and I'm glad. This is my #1 used palette. I think Sin is one of my all time favorite colors ever. There's so much range with this and in addition, you can use it as your neutral base for a more colorful look to balance out intense colors in other palettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2015 4:39:00 PM More reviews by mxdnightmemories

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

the original naked palette is definitely the best- I use this almost every day:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2015 9:26:00 PM More reviews by holly5652

MY FAVOURITE EYESHADOW PALETTE EVER!!! Considering the price, quality, pigmentation, colour range and amount of shadows you get, it is great value for money and will definitely last you a long time. I have tried other eyeshadow palettes (Chi Chi Nudes, Sleek i-Define, Stila In the Light) which are supposed to be cheaper dupes, or are just incredibally similar, but they simply do not even compare.

I love my naked palette, I use it nearly everyday and have done so for over a year and I am not even close to hitting pan on any shadow.

It is just so versatile, there are so many looks to create that just look stunning. I love experimenting with the different shadows.

- You can do a gold on the lid with Half Baked, then put Smog or Dark Horse in the crease; - A natural school/ work appropriate matte look with Naked all over, Buff in the crease and
Sin or Virgin as a highlight in the inner corner or on the brow bone;
- Or even a more purple-ly smokey look with Toasted on the lid, with a bit of Hustle on the outer edge and on the lower lash line.

I have also found Creep amazing to use as a soft black liner smudged into your lash like with a small angled brush. I can never get bored of using this palette. The warm toned eyeshadows are just so flattering on my blue eyes!!!

The only problem I will mention is the packaging which is only apparent in the first Naked palette and has been fixed for the later additions, as I am not fan of the velvet which I find to get quite dusty and dirty; or the gold lettering, as the writing is started to wear and chip away.

Another problem is that once you buy the first one... you will want to buy them all!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2015 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Nancyyyhoadley

My all time favorite palette. I buy this over and over again. I believe that it is way better than both 2 and 3 but I'm sure that is just personal preference. Although it is expensive, I believe it is totally worth it when you think of how many gorgeous colors you get compared to how much just one urban decay shadow is! And I love the brush that is included especially for a perfect smokey eye!