Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I think the price is very reasonable for what you get, there is a lot of eyeshadow here! Most apply really nicely. I find some to be a little patchy and dusty (virgin and gunmetal) but still good enough to use. I use Nars eye primer under all eye looks I do so can't really comment on how well they'd wear without but they wear perfectly with the primer, no smudging, fading or creasing.

The reason I've only given 3 stars despite all the good features mentioned above is that the shades are all so heavy and dark looking. I am very pale but not the fairest of the fair and I have dark eyes and lashes so can cope with more dramatic looks. I find the shades to be overwhelmingly warm and I understand it's supposed to be a warm toned palette but I thought there would be more of a range of shades. I think only virgin is neutral and my most used shade and only gunmetal is cool and these are the most wearable for me. I obviously should not have bought this palette as it's clearly unsuitable for my colouring but I thought it would be a good starting point to figure out the types of eye looks that would work best for me. Overall I'm disappointed with the palette but I can appreciate that for most people it works well just not me.

For ref I wear nars Gobi in sheer glow (but not the luminous weightless as that is darker and browner) and have pink and green tones to my skin which sadly does leave me looking a bit grey and pasty, if that sounds like you stay away from this palette!

My Current HG eye shadow palette! The shadows are fine and buttery. I like them as much as I like my MAC's shadow, but Naked is much cheaper! If you want an everyday eye shadow palette then this is for you. The shades are obviously not very interesting but they are practical and easy to use, especially for makeup beginners. Since they are so pigmented and I don't do heavy eye makeup on a daily basis, I think this palette may last for years! However, if you are looking for more of a matt palette then this might not be for you. You may want something like the KVD eye contour palette (which is on my wishlist). Naked is a great buy, and it always has a place in my makeup collection.

For my redheaded self, this pallet is perfect. It has the right mix of warm and cooler colors that still remain in that warmer range and not too heavy on browns and golds. I like that there are some matte colors as well. This mix would travel really went from day to night.

They are also creamy and highly pigmented. Overall I'm very happy with this set.

love, love, love this pallet! it has more gold shades and that's what I use the most.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

LOVE this palette!! I couldn't find the specific heading for the Naked 1 palette, the brown velvet one... Anyways I have blue eyes, a warm skin tone, and blonde hair. I pretty well love all of the shades in this palette, the only one I am not a huge fan of is the warm green toned one because I find it makes my blue eyes look dull. Love the Urban Decay eyeshadows because they don't irritate my skin either, so no more puffy eyelids and red eyes!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

LOVE THIS PALLETE i got it for Christmas it's amazing I reach for it EVERY time.

Beautiful smooth and frosty colors.blends well. Loved this. Be careful of all the replicas out there, buy genuine at a noted store.
My cousing bought one on an auction site used unaware of the replica ended up with an eye infection.
The overseas replica products are dangerous be careful and buy genuine for eye safety.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I honestly thought I would like this a lot more than I did. I had it for about 4 years before I finally threw it out due to hygiene concerns (I don't like keeping old makeup around). The range of shades looks really nice, but I found a lot of them to be too cool leaning to work well on my olive toned Hispanic skin.
I also found the payoff on the matte shades to be lacking. Even applied over primer, they were barely noticeable and just blended into my skin. The shadows were good quality, buttery and pigmented so maybe I'm a little too dark for most of the palette.
Out of all of the shades I only got close to hitting pan on Sidecar (great for smokey eye nighttime looks, Creep, and Half Baked (looooved this shade during the summer). I also used Toasted quite bit.
I think if you have fair to medium cool-toned skin and you are on the younger side this would be a really nice everyday palette. The range of matte and shimmery neutral shades can easily take you from day to night and the shadows themselves are good quality and last. Mature ladies may want to stay away due to the high glitter/shimmer content in quite a few of the shadows.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Just lovely!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

im an eyeshadow beginner and this is only my 2nd eyeshadow palette i've bought so i cannot really compare it with anything. but i like the selection of shades this comes in. each shade is great for yellow toned skin and the shadows are easy to work with. cute packaging and the price is ok too. yes im repurchasing.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Top Rated Urban Decay Products