Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/5/2015 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have a love/hate relationship with this palette. So let's start with the bad stuff. The packaging leaves a lot to be desired . I don't like the felt on the front as after a short time it gets so dirty! The cardboard packing inside is not that hard wearing and starts to look shabby very quickly. Inside is the mirror (which is tiny) , it is ok for a quick check but not good for doing your make up. The tins of naked 2 & 3 are much more practical and keep the shadows safer I feel. The bad stuff regarding the shadows themselves . Firstly there is a massive amount of fallout from some of the shadows so be prepared for this. Secondly the shadows are definitely warmer toned and for me personally being cooler toned it can be a bit hit and miss sometimes with various combinations . However ( here comes the good stuff) the pigmentation on the shadows is very very good. The texture on the less glittery shades is smooth and they apply very well . When I am a bit more tanned ( which is not much) this palette seems to work a lot better for me. Value wise you get 12 full sized shadows for £38 in the UK which is really good value indeed when you consider MAC ones are £10-11 each or a Dior/ Chanel quad is £40-£45.

This was my first ever high end purchase and ohmy, it's so full of memories it's gonna be really hard to throw it away when it starts to go off (which is gonna happen during this year I'm afraid, it's showing some signs already...). I reallyreally do love this palette. The texture of the shadows is just phenomenal - they are the most buttery thing I've ever put on my eyes. Still, after 3 years of use, they apply pretty damn good. The colours are absolutely beautiful, especially virgin, it's the prettiest highlight I've ever come across. It's easily the most versatile out of the three naked palettes.

There are some flaws though. The packaging get nasty after a bit due to the velvet finish, and the cardboard comes off too. I do actually like the magnetic closure tho. The biggest flaw for me has been the colour family - I'm not sure if this is the ideal palette for someone with a very light colouring. I have very fair skin and very light hair, so even regular mid-tone eyeshadows can easily start looking very dramatic on me. The shades are beautiful, but I find they are quite dark. Maybe two more slightly lighter or just less dramatic shades (as in less shimmer) would've made this palette a little easier to wear, but then again it's an Urban Decay product, and I suppose subtle isn't really the thing they tend to go for. It's a gorgeous palette, but it probably would be ideal for someone with a medium skin tone.

Having said that, it's still probably my favourite palette so far. I'm not going to repurchase it straight away as I want to try some new things for a change, but I'm so very glad this was my first-ever high end purchase. You can definitely make it work even if you're fair like me, but it just requires careful application.

on 2/4/2015 3:50:00 AM

This palette is wonderful but it had its flaws; but I'll get to that. The palette consists of 12 neutral eyeshadows that leans warm. The formula blends with ease and packed with pigmentation. Of the 12, there are only 2 mattes which is a disappointment in my opinion. The others are packed with glitter and shimmer, making it hard to wear to work. Other than the lack of mattes, the palette is absolutely beautiful. Will definitely repurchase.

on 2/3/2015 2:23:00 AM

I had wanted a naked palette for the longest time but could never spend that much money on eyeshadow by myself.. But when I got this as a birthday present, I was so happy. In my opinion this is the best naked palette and has all the shades u would need to create multiple different looks. Half-baked is iconic but the other shimmery gold/pink shades are amazing as well. The eye shadows of course look beautiful on the eyes and have an amazing staying power. They also never crease (when used with primer). Only downside is that it's ridiculously expensive and tbh I would never spend my own money on it. But if you can afford it its definitely amazing.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

After literally MONTHS of deliberation I finally made the Naked palette my very first full price high end eye shadow purchase. After being disappointed by (and returning, even though I'd got it on sale) the Stila In the Moment palette I was extremely pleased with the texture and quality of the Urban Decay eyeshadows; all buttery and gorgeous with excellent color payoff. Some of the shades are pretty shimmery but I personally love ~*glittersparkles*~ in my eyeshadows and Sidecar is actually one of my favorite shadows in the palette.
However, when it comes down to it, this palette is just a bunch of different shades of brown. I think it's a bit expensive for such a limited range of colors. Some shades really do seem like only slight variations of each other when applied. Between this and the LORAC Vintage Vixen palette I don't think I'll ever need to buy another brown eyeshadow in my lifetime :P I did buy this because I wanted a good, solid neutral palette to start off my collection, and it is that, but I think I could have found something less expensive that would've fulfilled the same purpose.
I would skip this for something cheaper unless you are OBSESSED with brown eyeshadows, but I cannot fault the palette itself as it is filled with great quality eyeshadows that all look great together, especially in creating natural everyday looks.

on 2/1/2015 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

OMGOSH! This and Naked 3 pallets are to die for! I will never be without one or both of these pallets! The colors area so perfect together. Last all day through my 12 hour work day....with the eye shadow primer. Hope they never get rid of these colors!

on 1/29/2015 4:26:00 PM

Ok, the colours are nice. They have good pigment. BUT I really don't think this palette is anything special. These colours or something very similar can be easily found at cheaper prices. Not worth the hype (or the cost)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

So over this cult-following stuff. This eyeshadow is pretty in the pan but the fall-out is enormous. Not to mention, traveling with this massive palette is really difficult because they simply don't hold up. All three of my Naked palettes have failed me with fall out and overall quality. For the cost, there are much better shadows to be had. LORAC is a cult brand that delivers and has nicely constructed palettes that are travel friendly.

on 1/22/2015 1:31:00 PM

The packaging is absolutely beautiful and the palette in general definitely lives up to the hype. It has the loveliest range of colours to suit any skin tone. The shadows are all the perfect consistency as they generally stay on your eyelids all day, especially with the help of the urban decay primers. Personally I think this is my definite favourite of the three naked palettes. I think it is definitely worth the money if you enjoy applying and wearing eyeshadow and want to have a perfect neutral palette :)

on 1/21/2015 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I love this eyeshadow palette so much! Colors are buttery, bendable and just gorgeous. Totally worth it despite the crazy price. I loved the Naked palette that I bought the Naked Basics palette (love it) and just ordered the Naked 3!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty