April 21, 2014 | 1973 users online

Mascara - The Body Shop - Big and Curvy Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by GeekyMcGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara last night, used it today. I had high hopes, but it didn't meet them. One swipe and it gave me spider lashes. I did a few more and let it dry, and my lashes looked awful. All clumped together and extra crispy looking. It also gave me NO curl, my lashes were sticking straight out. What a waste of $18! I'll be sticking to my regular MAC. Bleh.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by tremblingaspen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! Definently the best mascara I've ever used. It lengthens and emphasizes my lashes better than anything else. Unfortunately, this mascara is just a little too expensive for me to use regularly. I also can't use it this time of year as I suffer from terrible allergies and need a waterproof mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by clairyfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best mascara I have tried so far. I have naturally long curly lashes and don't really mind if my mascara isn't the blackest black so the only thing I look for in a mascara is lack of smudging.

Most mascaras smudge onto the area just under the outside corners of my eyes throughout the day leaving me with darker and darker panda eyes as the day goes on. This one seems to smudge (slightly- only a true make up obsessive would notice) once, I can wipe the smudge off and then carry on with no major make up rehaul needed.

It does go clumpy and nasty after a few months but I chuck my mascaras regularly enough for this not to bother me.

The mascara wand is really good and allows you to get mascara right down to the root of the lash and also do your lower lashes.

I'm still looking for a better mascara but this will do for me for the moment. And I have already repurchased.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by ladydee86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

great mascara !! gives alot of volume sexi volume and you dont need to aply many coats. Very very nice

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by nicole33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This rivals some expensive brands. It looks great... no spidery lashes, no clumping and no flaking. It gives me great looking lashes. I don't notice any fragrance whatsoever so I don't understand all those comments.

I think if I didn't have such a craptastic lash curler my lashes would look amazing with this mascara.

I can't tell if it's HG status yet but it's definitely up there and quite impressive.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 6:33:00 AM More reviews by maajake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's funny that most of the people have mentioned it's strong smell but it doesn't bother me at all. I also like the small brush. After using it my lashes really are big and curvy!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Clythie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Other

I got this mascara on a whim mainly because of all the great reviews on my fave beautyblogs. They however not metion the vile smell of this mascara and that the brush is so small it does not seperate the lashes. My lashes look ok but not better than my usual DS mascara.

The first two days I used this mascara I got big and curvy lashes and I though I finally found my HG mascara but on day three is were it went pear shaped my lashes refused to stay curvy and the smell was unbearable, not only does it smell in the tube, hours later I could still smell it even overpowering my perfume (i am sure other people couldn't smell it but I could and that what annoyed me the most).

Secondly when I pulled out the brush loads of product came out with it leaving the opening black and sticky, the lid didn't close properly and it leaked into my MU bag.

Thirdly it is imo NOT user friendly, I have great difficulty applying mascara and this just would not work, it would either go clumpy on the ends, thick lump on one side of the eye or flake onto my cheeks (the other day I was unaware of this fact and walked around all they with black flakes on my cheek). Applying this in a rush doesn't work.

I am not demanding from my mascara (my HG (for now) is still Rimmel sexy curve which isn't popular on MUA) but with three strikes I think it deserves the bin (luckly my little sister wanted to try it so maybe she can get it to work). TBS is a great shop but this mascara didn't like me and I didn't like it. Somedays it was amazing and other days it completly failed and being in a rush and having to do you MU early in the morning or on the train this will not do.

I am dissapointed and I am going back to imo above average mascara what I know will go on fine as my whim only cost me money and a whole lot of frustration. Still looking for my HG perfect mascara that makes my lashes pop and doesn't drive me up the wall - how much is that to ask?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 4:15:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this mascara for a few pounds from eBay; considerably less than what it costs in a TBS store in Finland. First of all, the brush is just perfect. I really prefer thin and long brushes, which seem to be very convenient to use for my lashes. The mascara produces significant volume and it doesn't weigh does my lashes as strongly as most water-soluble mascaras do. But it isn't perfect. The thing that bothers me the most is that TBS has included strong fragrance in a product that's meant to be used near the eyes! It also leaves my lashes feeling quite dry and brittle. 3,5 lippies would be a more accurate rating for this mascara, but I rounded it up to 4. Won't be buying again though.

Ingredients: Water (Solvent/Diluent), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Stabiliser/Viscosity Modifier), Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Stabiliser), Acrylates/Octylacrylamide Copolymer (Hair Fixative), Tribehenin (Skin Conditioning Agent), Triethanolamine (pH Adjuster), Stearic Acid (Emulsifier), Palmitic Acid (Surfactant), Acacia Senegal Gum (Film Former), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Phenethyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), PPG-2 Methyl Ether (Solvent), Phenylpropanol (Solvent), Piperonal (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Polyimide-1 (Film Former), Myristamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Myristic Acid (Emulsifier), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Lauric Acid (Surfactant - Cleansing Agent), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Iron Oxides (Colour).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by clarisseqt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I went to TBS to get a Kabuki Brush and they told me to try this mascara which I did. I asked If it is waterproof and they said no but it is water resistant, I doubted and just told them I'll try it first and see if it'll smudge since I have combi/oily skin. It was on sale and the SA told me that there's only one left but I said no thanks It's ok. So I went shopping for other stuff went to dinner, sat in the corner table where there are mirrors, saw my eyes and wow my lashes looked great and no smudging so I asked my husband to please wait for me and I'll just run to TBS to get the last one before someone else get it! :) Great mascara! Stopped using my Chanel inimitable after buying this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 7:14:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The Big and Curvy mascara from TBS is probably the strongest smelling mascara I have ever encountered which is really the reason I will probably not repurchase this, but try something else next time. When opening the tube, the smell really fills a whole room and it lingers for quite a while before it dies down and upsets my stomach a bit, especially in the morning when I am more scent sensitive. Once past the scent, though, it is a nice mascara. Opening the tube you will notice the wand itself. It is a very short bristled, rather long wand. Personally, I am partial to short bristled mascaras because I find they are more precise and generally not as messy as the toilet brush kind. This is no exception. The short bristles allows me to really use the zig-zag motion so many people talk about and which TBS themselves recommend with this mascara. The short bristles brush through my lashes while depositing the colour which turns out a gorgeous, intense black. No clumping. No spider legs. Just beautiful, thick, black lashes. When brand new, it was just the perfect mascara save the scent, giving me these soft, feathery, perfectly separated almost fake looking lashes (I do have naturally good lashes to begin with, so it is not a miracle worker). After a few weeks of use, however, it has started to become a bit stickier and flake a little bit and I do need to use my lash comb to get the perfect result. The mascara does add a bit of length, if you so wish. Just wiggle and sweep before releasing your lashes. Personally, I don't like adding more length to my lashes since they just become too long for my liking and so I just wiggle but don't sweep. One layer is perfect for everyday, two layers and you have ready to party lashes. As for the curve...if you like me have a natural curve to your lashes, this mascara holds that curve well, but if you have straighter lashes you will still need a lash curler to make the curl happen. The mascara just works as a fixing agent, not as a curling one. It does hold through an entire day provided you don't nap or in any other way expose your lashes to moistness. It is not a waterproof mascara, and therefore any moistness will result in smudging but that is to be expected. All in all, a wonderful mascara save the scent which I really, really wish had been much more subtle since scents can be irritating to sensitive eyes and people with asthma. The later group I would really, really suggest smelling the mascara in store before they buy because the scent is STRONG.