November 24, 2014 | 1900 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by pinaychic204

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this 5 brush eye kit because it was one of the top 2 picks of a respected and very well known blogger. I have to admit, I agree with a couple of the commenters about the use of the two huge brushes (blend & crease). Although, maybe it is also because I'm a novice when it comes to make-up. Still learning my way around applying eye make-up and everything else in between. The quality of the brushes are great! Although, I've only compared it to E.L.F., these are definitely so much better. Would definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by JesB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't think of one bad thing to say about these eye shadow brushes. I know a lot of peoples complaints were that the brushes were just shaped so weirdly and albeit the fact that they are great quality, they couldn't find uses for them. I just did a look using the Naked Basics palette and used all 5 brushes the kit came with. The Large Eye brush is huge, but it's great for packing on lighter colors. The Angled Crease brush sweeps color beautifully on the outer third of your eye. The highlighting brush is actually an amazing crease brush and it blends shadows beautifully. The Smudge Brush is actually a great pencil brush if you want to take a darker color and make a nice defined V on your outer eye and the Petite Eye Shading Brush can pack color into smaller spaces on your eye (I used it to deposite more color into the V that I created with the Smudge Brush and then blended it all out with the Highlighting Brush). They don't shed or fall apart. I love the length of the handles because it gives better control to where your depositing the shadow colors and the price is amazing! This was around $7.98 at walmart. These are the best brushes I've ever used alongside MAC and Real Techniques.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I highly recommend this little set for younger girls and/or novices that are just getting interested in makeup. I love the price, the packaging (I keep the brushes in the included bag, very handy), the smoothness and the length of the bamboo handles, the softness of the brush and the overall quality. I have not noticed any of the hairs/fibers falling out despite washing them many times. However, the shape and size of the bristles are kind of baffling. I have not found uses for two of them. One is laughably and unusably large, and I have large eyes. The labeling of the brushes are kind of bizarre so ignore them. I wish that the actual design of the brushes were more usable, because the quality is excellent and comparable to HE brushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Although I love this eye kit, I have to admit I found two of it's brushes useless, and I ended up using most of them for different purposes than the ones written on their handles! I rate it 4/5 lippies because as usual with Ecotools, the brushes do not shed ot lose their shape after years of use, they're soft and dense. They are very high quality!
The biggest brush (labeled for " Blend"-ing) I use sometimes for overall lid coloring (when I use matte eyeshadow the same as my skin color, for example). It's so huge I couldn't find any other purpose for it, so I use it carefully and NOT with unnatural colors. The other bad attempt of an eye brush is the "Crease" brush. It's a hairy angled huge brush that can only work in creases the size of the one that the Corpse Bride has. It's huge! I haven't really used it at all... Can't find a purpose for it. The highlighter brush I use for brightening the area under my eyebrow, but most of the time I just use it to blend eyeshadows, and it does a really good job. Finally, the shading brush and the smudge brush work purposefully, even though I use this last one for coloring my crease sometimes. Hope this helps if you already have this kit! If not, I would recommend finding a set that has shapes that can fit your type of eye shape. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 4:00:00 AM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really like these brushes. I use them everyday to do my eye makeup. So soft, and small handles so it's easy to apply eyeshadow precisely. Love the blending brush, and the small ones are great for when I want to do a smokey eye and don't want a line too thick under my eye. So cheap as well! But great quality.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I'm giving this 2/5 because 3 of the brushes are usable (but 2 interchangable), while 2 are not usable at all. What I am talking about:
- The two small brushes, the pencil brush and the flat liner brush, work well for smuding eyeshadow close to your lashes or applying highlight in your inner corner. None of them can work as an eyeliner brush though as even the liner brush is not thin and precise enough. And both do exactly the same job - I can't think of something one could do but the other could not - even though they are different shapes.
- The middle-size highlighter brush is fine for applying highlight to your eyebrow bone, but too big for highlight in the inner corner of the eye. What I find it good for though is using it as a crease brush, for blending!
- And the two MASSIVE brushes? The angled crease brush and the blending brush. Well, let's just say unless you have loads of crease space, these are just useless. My eyes are hooded so what was I thinking even buying this in the first place?! I tried finding alternative uses for them, but they're too small for contouring the face, too big for contouring the nose, not great for highlighters...
Ecotools, might be an idea to test these brushes on actual regular size eyes before releasing them into the world. Just sayin'.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Magapurna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! I'm a vegetarian so over the years I've acquired a number of artificial bristles brushes and Ecotools win hands-down!!! I wish I had discovered them earlier. They are so much softer than all the other brushes I've got and the range is impressive. The fact they are Eco-friendly is a bonus :) All pros no cons for me!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by PurpleMongoose12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I needed eyeshadow brushes so I got these, and I love them. The brushes are nice. They get the job done so I will buy them again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Just purchased these brushes last night, and after thier first trial use I can say that I don't like these at all. These do not pick up eye shadow very well, infact I felt like I had to keep dipping my brushes in my shadows and I still wasn't getting any color payoff from shadows that looks great when applied with my ELF brushes. I had such high hopes for this product, being cruetly-free, and eco friendly. I'm still in search of an affordable cruetly-free brush set.Ugh the talkon hairs looked all wonky when I removed them from the packaging, there WAY TO SPARSE AND FLIMSY! For now I'll stick with my single purchased ELF brushes. I may purchase other eco tools brushes but NEVER this set again; good thing I kept my reciept.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by JerseyRoja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have two sets of these. I love them. Blend blend blend ! Also, i use the crease brush to contour my nose. Again, i love these brushes