Cetaphil Cetaphil Daily Moisturizer with SPF 50

2.4

on 1/31/2011 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hated it! Made my skin burn.... Will not purchase again!

on 1/29/2011 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my all-purpose moisturizer. My dermatologist recommended it to me and I have been using it for years. I really like the SPF 50 because it really blocks sun damage to the face, which is a big part of what causes wrinkles. Plus this stuff is like $12 which is cheap and it is very moisturizing. Highly recommended!

on 10/13/2010 10:25:00 PM

Not bad, but my sis and felt it is quite heavy. Maybe when it is wintertime it'll be good to use. It did have a chemical smell to it. I think i'll stick to the Biore Dual Fusion Moisturizer spf 30 instead

i used to have really dry skin so this product was great for me! it moisturized it pretty well. however, given that i live in a tropical country where it's always mad hot and my skin became a little more oily, this product became a tad more greasy on me. a shiny face isn't pretty so i stopped using the product. i only take it out if i'm going to be in an air conditioned room all day or somewhere cold.

on 8/17/2010 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

The second I put it on, I knew it was bad. It was super greasy; it never really "sunk" into my skin, just sat on top leaving that disgusting heavy feeling. It also left a white film on my face, making me super pale. It was returned right away.

on 7/20/2010 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great product and love the new packaging with the pump. Doesn't cause breakouts and has a nice fragrance. I'm a big fan of the cleanser too. I'd definitely recommend this product.

on 7/17/2010 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product is so greasy. I was so disappointed because cetaphil usually works for me. When I first used this product, from the minute it touched my face it felt heavy. When I went out in the sun, it turned my face bright red and this product made me look sweaty when I put it on inside a room. The only good thing about this product is that it has an high spf. I already have oily skin so this made my face even more oily.

on 7/16/2010 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this for summer hoping that Iíd be able to use it every day like the name implies: DAILY moisturizer. Itís simply too greasy for every day. I like thatís is fragrance-free and SPF 50. I like that it didnít break me out. I just couldnít handle all that sheen since I already have oily skin. I guess my best bet is to downgrade to a lower SPF. For someone with dry sensitive skin, this might be the perfect daily moisturizer with SPF for you.

PROS: Leaves me a little less greasy than Neutrogena Oil-Free spf15. SPF50.

CONS: Not water resistant. Broke out my acne-prone teen. Because it doesn't make me as greasy as the Neutrogena one does not mean I do not get greasy. It's quite thick and heavy feeling. It's just not as bad as that one.

USAGE TIPS: If you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser.

ALTERNATES: Trader Joe's Enrich SPF15 is moisturizing but not greasy at all. When I need 30 or above, I use Hawaiaan Tropic's Silk Hydration or some name like that (but it can clog me if I use it for more than a few days in a row, so I only use it when I'm going to be in the sun a lot that day).

********There is a review with a lot more reviews attached to it that has the correct name: UVA/UVB Defense Facial Moisturizer SPF 50.**********

on 6/10/2010 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've had melanoma and now rosacea. Double whammy. What I like about this product: respected brand, doesn't have a lot of fillers/extras, high SPF, moisturizes my parched skin pretty good, slight beachy scent. What I don't like is that it does take awhile for it to soak into my skin. I use NCN Matrixyl serum first then apply this, and then I wait about half hour before applying my Silk Naturals foundation. All in all, good price for quality and quantity - so much so I use it all over my body now. Will definitely repurchase. UPDATE: Took off 2 lippies. I think the chemical sunscreen did me in - broke out. :-(

Popular Moisturizers