October 21, 2014 | 2008 users online

Eyeliner - Tarte - EmphasEYES waterproof clay eye shadow & liner

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by michaelannek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in the sparkly black color, which I love. It goes on nicely, too. The only thing is that it doesn't have the staying power of Urban Decay 24/7 or MUFE Aqua Eyes. But since it seems healthier for my skin and is animal-friendly, I'll probably repurchase in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by blushinglara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got the bronze color in a kit and its gorgeous! not too shimmery or dark - perfect to go with a brighter lip color.

The texture is amazing (glides on without pulling the eyelid) and the brush works well. It does fade a bit after wearing it all day and im pretty sure its not waterproof but atleast it doesnt stray all over the face!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by anellieb

I'm somewhat torn about this product. I can only compare this to MAC's fluidline and Wet N Wild's eyeliner. I cannot wear any eyeliner without a primer underneath because I have super ridiculously oily eyelids, so I can't really judge based on wear alone.
What I liked about this product: it was REALLY PIGMENTED! Like super dark, much darker than Fluidline and Wet N Wild. It goes on pretty easily and it lasted me a long time, and it did not transfer or wear off with a primer underneath.
What I was indifferent about: the price, it's more expensive than Fluidline. The texture is not as smooth as Fluidline either, but it's comparable to Wet n Wild.
Overall, I would purchase this product again, only because of the pigmentation.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by 4misstish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was so very disappointed in this! I love the Tarte blushes and assumed this would be just as good. Boy was I wrong. It did come with a brush that is ok and I still use but I have completely given up on the eyeliner. This is in no way waterproof and comes off very easily. It fades after only a short wear time and smears and moves around very easily. It's horrible for lining the waterlines as it comes off within about 10 after using it. for the price you would expect better quality makeup that would last. I will not repurchase this whatsoever. I will be sticking with Makeup Geek over the Tarte any and everyday!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Cynth1a

I received this on a kit from Ulta, I always wanted to try the black one but instead I got a green one. I was fine with it sence I only own black liners.. but girl, that shipoopy isn't water proof nor very pigmented.. I've never been dissapointed by tarte... and reading all the reviews on the black one I will not purchase it again..

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by jenallyce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I usually use MAC fluidline, but I was out and on my way out of town and Sephora was closer than the mall. The rep said this gel liner was comparable and with the inclusion of the brush I went for it. It's nothing to write home about. Doesn't stay on nearly as well as fluidline- smudges within hours-by the end of the day my eyes are for the most part unlined. If you have less oily lids then this product could work great for you- but for the price and performance I will stick with the tried and true fluidline.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by LadyKolie

I have mixed feelings about this product. I just recently started trying cream eyeliners. I huge problem for me is that most of them are, or are claiming to be "water proof". I personally do not want anything that is water proof. Whatever chemical they add to make something waterproof always, always irritates me eyes. Water proof mascaras have made my eye lashes completely fall out and it has taken years to grow them back.

However, I rather liked the clay foundation by Tarte, which also claims it is waterproof though it has nothing in it that irritates my skin or eyes. So I thought I would try the eyeliner. Love the consistency. I dip my brush in the product and smooth in it on the brush using either the lid or my palette. I find it easy to apply and to get the results I wanted. I set it with a little bit of powder just to be sure. I didn't have problems with smudging or flaking even in the North Carolina humidity.
I did however find it difficult to remove. I do an oil cleansing method of removing my makeup which has never failed me, but this was stubborn. I got off as much as I could without scraping off my eye lids, and still some stayed around my lash line. Fine. Well the next day I washed my face in the morning (the way I normally do), and it was still in my lash line. Fine. However, the deal breaker for me was that it burned my eyes. The first application was fine, and wearing it all night was fine. But all of the next day my eyes burned. Nothing was in my eyes. I had used no other new products, and this was the only thing that was different and still in my lash line causing the burning.
Finally, during my shower, I was able to remove the rest of this liner. Thankfully I lost no eyelashes. For whatever reason, whatever chemical they used, burned my eyes all day. I don't know what it is about water proof... but I wish more things were made without it.

I really liked the rich black color, and how easy it was to apply for me using an angled brush. But the burning will keep me from buying it again. /sigh

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

The color and pigmentation of this gel eyeliner is pretty good. However, like many gel eyeliners that I have reviewed, this is on the basis of using gel eyeliners on my upper waterline which is a method called "tightlining". This eyeliner did not work because it would smudge on the outer corners after a few hours of wear. It was good to try it out but obviously back to Sephora it goes!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by audaxinlucem

This was my first gel eyeliner I purchased and I recommend it for first time users. The big draw was that the brush was included with the eyeliner pot. It goes on really smoothly and it sets within a couple of seconds but it's not as long-lasting as I hoped. If you want staying power, it definitely needs primer to hold it down.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Jbarbagallo

Love this eyeliner. Even on the most humid days and through allergy season this eyeliner doesn't budge. It can be applied lightly for a sheer look or a little heavier for a bolder look. I will never use another eyeliner!