January 27, 2015 | 2233 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Studio Blush in Gotta Glow

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a white with gold shimmer highlighter and a dupe for the much-coveted NARS Albatross. Beautiful on fair skin, although Gotta Glow is slightly more chalky/powdery than NARS. For $23 price difference ($26 vs. $3) I can't complain. Packaging is the typical ELF Studio - sleek black plastic. I typically purchase higher-end makeup (Chanel, Guerlain, Julie Hewett, MAC) but I'm obsessed with ELF & all their high-end "dupe" products. Overall I love this as a highlighter and will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by kristina93

I really love the glow this gives to my face, it's a subtle light gold sheen and looks amazing on the cheek bones. It is quite powdery but it's not chalky when applied so I don't mind that and for the price I can't complain. A great affordable highlight for pretty much any skin tone and it's identical to NARS Albatross in shade!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by amandatumpach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this bad boy in a swap which I was extremely excited about! I noticed on the eyeslipsface website they added new items and colors to existing items but had no luck finding any of em at my local target. This is similar to Nars Albatross which I also just got my hands on as of lately (from my generous bestie :). This is def no competition between the two because Nars is the better of the two but this is a great dupe! This is a yellow toned highlighter which I think compliments my pink undertone skin well. The packaging is nice and does what is intended - protects the product inside. On the down side this is powdery which is common in E.L.F. products. I don't mind with this being a cheap ($3). Also I feel in the transfer of the powder to the brush to my face it is not as nice as swatches I have seen. It takes about two layers to get the swatch color I was desiring. Even with this cons I don't think it is fair to deduct lippies because of the unbeatable price. Also knowing E.L.F. products myself I was not expecting Nars quality. I will probably repurchase this for the sole purpose of day to day use when I don't wanna waste my higher end makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 3:15:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

This is my first yellow toned highlighter and I have to say that I really like it on my cheeks but not under the brow.I like how pale of a yellow it is so it looks more natural on the skin.This lasts all day on my skin even when the blush is long .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by BeautyMISFIT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have become a Nars junkie over the last 6 months. I have always owned Nars products mainly blush and lip glosses but I didnt have the staple items I wanted. Albatross being one of them. I just couldnt see myself paying 28bucks for a white/glowing powder. I didnt want to buy the dupe from elf because I heard the quality sucked. After months and months of debating I chose to go with the elf gotta go blush. I recieved this 2 days ago and used it both days and hmmmmm..its very very powdery, more powdery than I expected. I know that sometimes u get what u pay for and im cool with that but this was a huge disappointment as far as quality go. But I will say, other than the huge mess it makes when u put my brush in it, it will work for now. The color is almost exact to albatross, and I love the glow it gives to my skin. It really is a great highlighter. I will not repuchase because after trying this blush, im sure Nars Albatross is worth the money as far as quality is concerned. For those on a budget, this is perfect and for those who want to splurge on nars, go for it :)
UPDATE: I have used this everyday since I purchased it and even though I have issues with the quality, overall I love the actual results this product gives. THE GLOW IS AMAZING!!!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by smtiquia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great highlighter! Thanks to ELF! It has allowed me to try an inexpensive highlighter without breaking the bank. I was going to get NARS albatross but there is really no need because this is a nice dupe and super cheap. I don't

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

I like this product, but only applied very, very sheerly. It's a good highlight, but it's too sparkly to wear thick or over a larger area. I actually end up using this on my eyes a lot, since it's a subtle but very nice highlight.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Jessie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful highlighter! Best $3 I've ever spent! Highly recommend this blush!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Boa_Elva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love this shade. it really an extremely nice highlighter. it got a very nice natural glow when u applied on the place you desire. really a good one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I bought this online for $1.50 as I had a coupon which was take 50% off for all studio products (This is part of the studio line)

I mainly bought this because of its similarity with NARS' Albatross. Obviously the quality and the packaging are completely different, but the colour of the product are definitely comparable. The only difference is that Gotta Glow is a lot chalkier, has more fall outs and is in a tackier packaging than NARS. BUT for the price, you really can't beat it.

The colour is almost on par with Albatross. As for the quality - there are huge differences.
Gotta Glow is less finely milled..which causes more fall outs. However, as a highlight, and by the method I use it, I can bare with it because I blend it pretty well so the chalkiness isn't very noticeable.

The packaging is less sturdy than NARS but it works.

I would purchase this product again just because its super pretty on skin and because of the price.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No