July 29, 2014 | 2076 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Studio Blush in Gotta Glow

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by smtiquia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great highlighter! Thanks to ELF! It has allowed me to try an inexpensive highlighter without breaking the bank. I was going to get NARS albatross but there is really no need because this is a nice dupe and super cheap. I don't

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

I like this product, but only applied very, very sheerly. It's a good highlight, but it's too sparkly to wear thick or over a larger area. I actually end up using this on my eyes a lot, since it's a subtle but very nice highlight.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Jessie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful highlighter! Best $3 I've ever spent! Highly recommend this blush!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Boa_Elva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

love this shade. it really an extremely nice highlighter. it got a very nice natural glow when u applied on the place you desire. really a good one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I bought this online for $1.50 as I had a coupon which was take 50% off for all studio products (This is part of the studio line)

I mainly bought this because of its similarity with NARS' Albatross. Obviously the quality and the packaging are completely different, but the colour of the product are definitely comparable. The only difference is that Gotta Glow is a lot chalkier, has more fall outs and is in a tackier packaging than NARS. BUT for the price, you really can't beat it.

The colour is almost on par with Albatross. As for the quality - there are huge differences.
Gotta Glow is less finely milled..which causes more fall outs. However, as a highlight, and by the method I use it, I can bare with it because I blend it pretty well so the chalkiness isn't very noticeable.

The packaging is less sturdy than NARS but it works.

I would purchase this product again just because its super pretty on skin and because of the price.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by bos101

Really gorgeous product! I would love to try Albatross to compare the two, but I'm trying to cut down on spending excessive money on make up for a while! I'd heard good things about E.L.F so i thought i'd try a few products as they are very cheap. This looks amazing on my skin, when blended well on cheekbones, it looks lovely and not too shimmery. I also use it on my brow bone. Again, I can't compare it to Albatross, so i'm sure there are a few flaws compared to NARS, but it's 3.50 (probably the amount make up should cost anyway!) well worth a try for that price, i'd highly recommend it.

UPDATED a few months later!! I loved this product but it lasted about a month before completely breaking apart in the pan! :( It was'nt even dropped! So I had to throw it away as it was making a complete mess everytime I opened it! I've dropped 2 lippies off (it was originally 5) as as cheap as it is, it's a complete waste of money if it ends up in the bin after hardly being used!)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by orangenotepad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a good highlighter, but it does look shimmery/powdery on my cheek instead of glowy/dewy.
I think I may actually prefer ELF's $1 essential highlighters(facial whip, all over color) just because they look a little more natural on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Fiache

This suits my NC40 skin perfect. It has a slight sheen of gold and the powder is yellowish. There are no gritty glitter or overkilling shimmer. I never tried NARS albatross, but I heard this is a great option for those on a budget. I agree with those who says it's chalky, but I make it work by using my fingers to blend it in as a highlighter on top of my cheekbones, I think the warmth of my fingers helps it melt in and make it more user friendly. It's a all year around product for me, packaging is sleek with a see through window and I love having this in my collection!
Update: I don't like it as much anymore. I doesn't really highlight so much. It's quite a dull highlight and you need too use a lot of product for it to show up. And everyone know what that will look like...Cakey!! :( 1 lippy down and I will not repurchase this anymore. There are much better affordable highlights out there that are easier to work with!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by ChocolatePrincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it love it love it im nc 50 and this brought out my cheeks summat cronic love it i must ad build up the coverage and bleennnnd

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by nukacola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm usually a big fan of e.l.f products, but this one is awful. The first time I used it, the middle completely crumbled as it's very badly pressed. It's also not the subtle lit from within glow I was looking for... too much sparkle for me. Supposed dupe for NARS Albatross but honestly, you may as well save your money and buy the NARS.