April 17, 2014 | 2029 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Studio Blush in Gotta Glow

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Jessie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful highlighter! Best $3 I've ever spent! Highly recommend this blush!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Boa_Elva

love this shade. it really an extremely nice highlighter. it got a very nice natural glow when u applied on the place you desire. really a good one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I bought this online for $1.50 as I had a coupon which was take 50% off for all studio products (This is part of the studio line)

I mainly bought this because of its similarity with NARS' Albatross. Obviously the quality and the packaging are completely different, but the colour of the product are definitely comparable. The only difference is that Gotta Glow is a lot chalkier, has more fall outs and is in a tackier packaging than NARS. BUT for the price, you really can't beat it.

The colour is almost on par with Albatross. As for the quality - there are huge differences.
Gotta Glow is less finely milled..which causes more fall outs. However, as a highlight, and by the method I use it, I can bare with it because I blend it pretty well so the chalkiness isn't very noticeable.

The packaging is less sturdy than NARS but it works.

I would purchase this product again just because its super pretty on skin and because of the price.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by bos101

Really gorgeous product! I would love to try Albatross to compare the two, but I'm trying to cut down on spending excessive money on make up for a while! I'd heard good things about E.L.F so i thought i'd try a few products as they are very cheap. This looks amazing on my skin, when blended well on cheekbones, it looks lovely and not too shimmery. I also use it on my brow bone. Again, I can't compare it to Albatross, so i'm sure there are a few flaws compared to NARS, but it's 3.50 (probably the amount make up should cost anyway!) well worth a try for that price, i'd highly recommend it.

UPDATED a few months later!! I loved this product but it lasted about a month before completely breaking apart in the pan! :( It was'nt even dropped! So I had to throw it away as it was making a complete mess everytime I opened it! I've dropped 2 lippies off (it was originally 5) as as cheap as it is, it's a complete waste of money if it ends up in the bin after hardly being used!)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by orangenotepad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a good highlighter, but it does look shimmery/powdery on my cheek instead of glowy/dewy.
I think I may actually prefer ELF's $1 essential highlighters(facial whip, all over color) just because they look a little more natural on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Fiache

This suits my NC40 skin perfect. It has a slight sheen of gold and the powder is yellowish. There are no gritty glitter or overkilling shimmer. I never tried NARS albatross, but I heard this is a great option for those on a budget. I agree with those who says it's chalky, but I make it work by using my fingers to blend it in as a highlighter on top of my cheekbones, I think the warmth of my fingers helps it melt in and make it more user friendly. It's a all year around product for me, packaging is sleek with a see through window and I love having this in my collection!
Update: I don't like it as much anymore. I doesn't really highlight so much. It's quite a dull highlight and you need too use a lot of product for it to show up. And everyone know what that will look like...Cakey!! :( 1 lippy down and I will not repurchase this anymore. There are much better affordable highlights out there that are easier to work with!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by ChocolatePrincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it love it love it im nc 50 and this brought out my cheeks summat cronic love it i must ad build up the coverage and bleennnnd

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by nukacola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm usually a big fan of e.l.f products, but this one is awful. The first time I used it, the middle completely crumbled as it's very badly pressed. It's also not the subtle lit from within glow I was looking for... too much sparkle for me. Supposed dupe for NARS Albatross but honestly, you may as well save your money and buy the NARS.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This def makes me glad i never can afford HE makeup because this is def a dupe for Nars Albatross. It may be slightly more powdery than soft like Nars but considering the price difference its not that bad. This is an amazing highlighter for anyone!
=PRICE & AVAILABILITY=
Elf Gotta Glow is available in the studio line section of blushes on the Elf site. You can also find this at some Target stores depending on your location. The price is only $3 like most of the studio line products. Its so amazing how little you pay for an amazing product!
=SHADE & FORMULA & PERFORMANCE=
Gotta Glow may be claimed to be a "blush" but its a HIGHLIGHTER..its a ivory white powder with a golden silver shimmer to it. Its not shimmer so much as a sheen to it. It looks amazing on anyones skin. Im super pale but ive used it on darker skintones & it can look great too- no matter what undertone you have, cool, warm, neutral, this will work. This is meant to be use to highlight areas where the sun shall hit you & want to stand up. opposite of contouring. I love to use this on my upper cheek bones around the temples. Above the eyebrows, & cupids bow. it can be applied with fingers, or brushes. I have used this w/ a fan brush or a fluffy brush. the less dense the bristles/hairs are, the more natural this will look. you dont want to pile it on so it looks like you put a whole bunch of shimmer on your face. If used correctly, this will make you look like you have a inner glow to you. I know some say that more oily skin types may want to stand clear of highlighters but i think powder h/ls will work best. I love the formula. its soft, smooth, easy to apply & blend. The shimmers you see in the pan rarely show up on the skin. I always tap my brush since i like to apply sheer layers & build up than look crazy foolish. This powder is finely milled w little to no fillers. Its not chalky or hard. it stays put on my normal skin for around 6 hrs or so without fading. I use face primer as well. Id suggest using a cream/liquid h/l underneath & top with this if you need it to stay a little longer since its almost your base for the powder to stick to. i do this sometimes if im going to be out awhile. Its great. its just like the studio powder blushes, so pretty on the skin. They feel great to the touch. Great highlighter for such a great cost!
=PACKAGING=
I love the Elf Studio packaging. its soo similar to the Nars packaging. the nars albatross is so similiar for a little piece of the price you'd pay for the it. I love the matte flat black square compact with snap shut lid. The lid contains a see thru window to see what shade is inside. Its the same size of the studio blushes. The back has a little sticker w/ shade name on it. The inside you get a little mini mirror which is nice. The back end is a huge pan of highlighter/powder. Its sooo much it will take me forever to get through! you get tons of product. The packaging looks expensive. doesnt feel cheap. its sturdy & compact. great for on the go or makeup travel bags. Its very pretty to lay out. Its slim but still holds a whole bunch of product safely! great packaging!
Overall, this is probably one of my favorite highlighters- its so pretty on the skin. it makes me look healthy & fresh! can be used all year round for the inner glow. I love it & def will repurchase if i ever get through it. its so surprising that it only cost a few dollars!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 6:50:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

I fell in love with NARS Albatross but as it is outrageously expensive, cannot justify buying it.

As all the blogs said, this is an excellent dupe. I find it a liiiiittle too gold, but otherwise it's almost identical. And who knows how Albatross looks outside the flattering lights of the Sephora store. I haven't had any problem with powderiness or blending. There really is no reason to waste your money on NARS while this product exists.