July 28, 2014 | 1867 users online

Masks - LUSH - Oatifix Fresh Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

Not my favorite lush fresh face mask. It's somewhat hard to apply because of the thick texture. It smells good enough to eat- like banana oatmeal. However it was hard to wash off and left my face with a filmy-oily layer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive tried every single lush fresh mask out there, stored them in fridge, used them exactly as im supposed to, thrown them out when supposed to, but i have an allergic reaction to every single one, every single time, i just cannot use them, theres something in them that dosent agree with my sensitive skin :( does anyone else get this with the lush face masks at all? Definately wouldnt recommend for those with sensitive skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Kkate142

I bought this recently and I am almost finished with it. I love this face mask. My skin is not that sensitive but I do like to be very careful becasue I break out to very odd things. So I bought this. I tried it bfore I went to bed and then washed it off in the shower. I really like this. It leaves your skin so SOFT! I also really enjoy this because of the smell. When the lady who was helping ,e opened it and let me smell it, it caught me off guard at first but then I fell in love. It smells like oat banana cookies with almond frosting. I also really like the texture. It is not abrasive what so ever but does exfoilate very slightly and I love it. The only thing I do not like about this is how fast it expires. I bought my on January 25 and it expires on Febuary 7. I am pretty sure you could strech that a day or too but I wish it would keep just a little longer. The other thing I do not like is that is gives my skin a slight burning sensation when I first apply it. I would toatlly reccommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by skelterhelter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've heard about LUSH products for a long time now, especially their fresh face masks. So when a LUSH store opened up only 45 minutes away from me, I jumped at the chance to sample some of their goodies. Oatifix was the first one I snatched up, purely based on scent alone. Omg, this smells like banana cookie dough mixed with an oat smoothie! I'm so tempted to just stick my finger in and sneak a taste, but I've refrained ;) I leave the mask on for about fifteen minutes & wash it off with warm water once time is up. My first and one of few complaints about this product is that it is difficult to apply & remove. The mask is too thick and chunky so it doesn't spread as easily on the skin; you really have to keep your fingers closed tight as you work it in circular motions in order to prevent it from falling off in globs. Minor inconvenience but still an annoyance. Washing it off is also bit of a mess, but my skin feels sooooo smooth and hydrated once it's all off. This product is perfect for winter when the skin needs a little conditioning. (I wonder how it'll perform in the warmer months). It's so hydrating that I don't even need to use a moisturizer afterwards! I don't see much of a long lasting effect on the redness on my cheeks, which is a bummer since I'd like to correct that. But my skin feels so supple & healthy that I almost don't care, lol. Not my holy grail mask but still a great buy for $6. I love the whole "fresh" aspect of it -- nice to know I'm not loading my face with chemicals.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by soapsaholic09

First of all, don't eat this mask. I know it smells like vanilla, bananas and oatmeal (breakfast, essentially), but don't eat it - you won't like the taste (if you check the ingredients, you'll see why). Secondly, the texture of the mask is chunky and will not stiffen on your face. As you're trying to smooth the product onto your face, chunks of it will fall off. Once you get it on and working, the effect of the mask should be decent. You skin will seemingly appear brighter and softer after the treatment, but for some of us older girls, this is not an effect that lasts. For the price of the mask, you get what you pay for - especially in knowing that in the realm of face masks, there are many other options out there to choose from. A fun and appetizing experience nonetheless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 5:36:00 AM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this face mask! In fact the only reason I didn't give it a 5 is cuz it doesn't make an extremely dramatic difference to my skin, but this is probably because I have good skin anyway. (Don't be thinking what a bish I am now, cuz I have awful dark circles) However, it does smell so incredibly amazing, and moisturizes and exfoliates very well. It smells like oatmeal, bananas, nuts, and cinnamon! OMG I just wanna eat it. It does look pretty gross on ur face tho haha. I always scare my 3 yr. old daughter when I have it on LOL, she runs away from me. Anyway, I usually leave it on for a half hr, and afterwards, my face feels sooo soft, smooth, and looks bright and clear. They say these masks only stay good for a few weeks, but all my Lush fresh face masks, (and I have tried about 5 different ones), have stayed good for several months. I do keep my fridge quite cold, and I keep them in the back, which is the coldest place in my fridge. I just used up the rest of this today, and it was 6 mo.old and smelled just as delish as when I first got it! U can also freeze them, especially if u buy several @ once like I do, and thaw them out the nite b4 u wanna start using it. I get about 4 or 5 uses out of one of these. I definitely recommend this gentle, exfoliating, and moisturizing mask to everyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 4:06:00 AM More reviews by arscharfen21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went into LUSH for a few samples since I had just heard about their products. I have very sensitive skin and am selective on what I use on it since I am prone to reactions. I actually purchased a jar of this since the girl told me that it was the most mild and even kids could use it. Oatifix mask broke me out into a violent, hot red rash. When I washed it off I was impressed at the softness of my skin but then it began to burn. I had to use ice and running water to get it to calm down. I think that the fragrances they use are what bothers me. I use other products from other brands that have some similar ingredients in them that my skin does not have a reaction to. I wanted to like this, but just can't use it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by lightchaser16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm in the minority here I recognise, but this mask broke me out into a violent, itchy red rash. I had clear skin moments before I used it. When I washed it off I was impressed as it's tremendously moisturising. The next morning however I woke up with a crazy rash all over my cheeks and forehead. Stupidly enough, I was so taken with the smell and feel of this mask that I tried it a second time, a few days later. Never again! Broke me out just as bad. Impossible for me to recommend it despite the deliciousness. Please test this on your skin before applying all over.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 4:37:00 AM More reviews by PeachyDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

So good I just want to eat it up :)
I love Lush fresh masks and I am glad they don't make me break out. Oatifix is a gentle scrub and gives just the right amount of moisture.
I usually have to put a ton of moisturizer on at night, but after this mask I really could go without if I wanted to.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 5:05:00 AM More reviews by chxxoo

LOVE this mask! I have combination skin that can be sensitve (I react to weird things, like Clinique and Amore Pacific) but my face drank this up. And it smells heavenly!

I'll usually apply it after taking a shower/cleansing my face. I use a toner afterwards and a light moisturizer. I find that doing all of this before bed yields soft and glowing skin in the morning. Best of all, it doesn't break me out. Whoo!