December 18, 2014 | 927 users online

Masks - LUSH - Oatifix Fresh Mask

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Although this is marketed for sensitive skin, it made mine burn and my cheeks were hot and bright red for several hours after I rinsed it off with lots of cold water. I had a look at the ingredients and it must be something in the perfume that caused the reaction. I don't know why Lush would actually add perfume to a product for sensitive skin... being mainly bananas and oats, it can't smell that bad to begin with, can it?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by MichelleLee86

I LOVE this face mask. I have used every Lush fresh face mask, and this by far is the best. I will never part with this product. It makes my skin so soft and very clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Kishypenguins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yum :) makes me hungry! I have dry and sensitive skin so I find if very hard to find a mask that I don't have allergies to. I have had one in the fridge for 3 months now (I don't use it every week) and it hasn't gone off. Don't worry about the 3 week best before, it will be fine! Makes my skin feel really soft and glowy. I want to eat it, but I resist! I wish it was cheaper in Australia. Compared to the UK it's a little bit of a rip off. Ask for a sample before diving in!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Christac3698

Definitely a pain to apply, but oh how soft my face has felt since applying this mask. I would do this at night, and one mistake I made, you do not need to use your nightly moisturizer after rinsing the mask off. It leaves your face very moisturized, will repurchase and keep in fridge.... :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by divathing

I bought this mask on a whim while i was living in Holland. The lady at the counter said it would be moisturizing but i had no idea what a difference it would make to my combo skin. I have psoriasis/eczema in some spots all over. I even have a spot on the inside corner of my nose. During certain seasons the spot gets worse and starts to peel and become discolored. Not to mention it doesn't make the best surface for makeup to sit.

I did this once or twice a week and my dry flaky spot cleared. I agree that it is hard to apply, especially since you have to keep it in the fridge and it gets stiff. The key i think is to apply it while your face and fingers are still slightly damp. It rubs on better.

Another tip I have is if you don't have a lush store close (i moved and don't anymore) make your own. I have started doing that now. I take a handful of almonds and grind them to the consistency i want, depending on how exfoliating i want my mask to be. I grind up some oats and mix it all together with 1 tablespoon each of coconut oil and honey and VOILA! You've got your own version of the Oatifix mask.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by thechain

This product is so messy and hard to apply. I usually end up losing more product than I get the chance to use.
I love the smell though. And it does leave my skin feeling clean. However, I can get that effect from other LUSH products, with less mess.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

Not my favorite lush fresh face mask. It's somewhat hard to apply because of the thick texture. It smells good enough to eat- like banana oatmeal. However it was hard to wash off and left my face with a filmy-oily layer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive tried every single lush fresh mask out there, stored them in fridge, used them exactly as im supposed to, thrown them out when supposed to, but i have an allergic reaction to every single one, every single time, i just cannot use them, theres something in them that dosent agree with my sensitive skin :( does anyone else get this with the lush face masks at all? Definately wouldnt recommend for those with sensitive skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Kkate142

I bought this recently and I am almost finished with it. I love this face mask. My skin is not that sensitive but I do like to be very careful becasue I break out to very odd things. So I bought this. I tried it bfore I went to bed and then washed it off in the shower. I really like this. It leaves your skin so SOFT! I also really enjoy this because of the smell. When the lady who was helping ,e opened it and let me smell it, it caught me off guard at first but then I fell in love. It smells like oat banana cookies with almond frosting. I also really like the texture. It is not abrasive what so ever but does exfoilate very slightly and I love it. The only thing I do not like about this is how fast it expires. I bought my on January 25 and it expires on Febuary 7. I am pretty sure you could strech that a day or too but I wish it would keep just a little longer. The other thing I do not like is that is gives my skin a slight burning sensation when I first apply it. I would toatlly reccommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by skelterhelter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've heard about LUSH products for a long time now, especially their fresh face masks. So when a LUSH store opened up only 45 minutes away from me, I jumped at the chance to sample some of their goodies. Oatifix was the first one I snatched up, purely based on scent alone. Omg, this smells like banana cookie dough mixed with an oat smoothie! I'm so tempted to just stick my finger in and sneak a taste, but I've refrained ;) I leave the mask on for about fifteen minutes & wash it off with warm water once time is up. My first and one of few complaints about this product is that it is difficult to apply & remove. The mask is too thick and chunky so it doesn't spread as easily on the skin; you really have to keep your fingers closed tight as you work it in circular motions in order to prevent it from falling off in globs. Minor inconvenience but still an annoyance. Washing it off is also bit of a mess, but my skin feels sooooo smooth and hydrated once it's all off. This product is perfect for winter when the skin needs a little conditioning. (I wonder how it'll perform in the warmer months). It's so hydrating that I don't even need to use a moisturizer afterwards! I don't see much of a long lasting effect on the redness on my cheeks, which is a bummer since I'd like to correct that. But my skin feels so supple & healthy that I almost don't care, lol. Not my holy grail mask but still a great buy for $6. I love the whole "fresh" aspect of it -- nice to know I'm not loading my face with chemicals.