February 1, 2015 | 2010 users online

Masks - LUSH - Oatifix Fresh Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by xxicah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought Oatfix along with Cupcake. Oatfix has a great smell. The texture is very gooey (for me) and upon slabbing the product on my face, the little blobs of oatmeal tend to slide off. I noticed that it helped give my skin a glowy complexion. My skin was also softer and more hydrated. I'm not sure if it's just LUSH Taiwan, but the product I had was barely half-filled...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by FatalGrace

First of all, let me start by telling you about my skin condition.
lately i've been using creams for acne and it left my skin extremely dry, to the point where you see bits of skin flaking all over my face.
after 4-5 hours of putting any deep moisturiser my face starts flaking again.
i couldn't wear foundation because it would look cakey on my skin (and yes i do wear water based foundation for dry skin over layers of moisturisers)..
so its safe to say my skin is extremely dry.

>>>>> NOW ABOUT THIS MASK <<<<<<
this mask saved my life, its the best thing i have ever put on my face.

i use it every day for 15 mins. i usually put it on my face as soon as i wake up and before i get into the shower. by the time i wash it off, my face is fresh, moisturised and bright.

1- it moisturises the skin deeply (i no longer need to wear three layers of deep moisturisers to prevent flakiness. ( i just put this mask. rinse my face with water only *no soap* dry it, apply my sunblock and then my bb cream) and my skin is left smooth and moisturised the whole day.

2-even though the pot looks really small. it lasts me 3 weeks (roughly 20 applications all over my face)

3- after using it for a month it left my skin bright and fresh

4- it smells delicious and the packaging is great.

leave this in the fridge. the worker at lush said you can keep it in the fridge for 28 days and 8 days outside the fridge.
as for the price, in my opinion for all the miracles it done to me i say its worth it.

(tip for those who use it. Put it on your face 10 mins before you get into the shower and then once you're in, turn the hot water on and let it steam, leave it on for 10 extra mins.
i usually wash my body and hair and then rinse it off) when i do that i get better results, my face looks brighter and feels smoother.
that's just my personal preference and it works great with me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Although this is marketed for sensitive skin, it made mine burn and my cheeks were hot and bright red for several hours after I rinsed it off with lots of cold water. I had a look at the ingredients and it must be something in the perfume that caused the reaction. I don't know why Lush would actually add perfume to a product for sensitive skin... being mainly bananas and oats, it can't smell that bad to begin with, can it?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by MichelleLee86

I LOVE this face mask. I have used every Lush fresh face mask, and this by far is the best. I will never part with this product. It makes my skin so soft and very clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Kishypenguins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yum :) makes me hungry! I have dry and sensitive skin so I find if very hard to find a mask that I don't have allergies to. I have had one in the fridge for 3 months now (I don't use it every week) and it hasn't gone off. Don't worry about the 3 week best before, it will be fine! Makes my skin feel really soft and glowy. I want to eat it, but I resist! I wish it was cheaper in Australia. Compared to the UK it's a little bit of a rip off. Ask for a sample before diving in!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Christac3698

Definitely a pain to apply, but oh how soft my face has felt since applying this mask. I would do this at night, and one mistake I made, you do not need to use your nightly moisturizer after rinsing the mask off. It leaves your face very moisturized, will repurchase and keep in fridge.... :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by divathing

I bought this mask on a whim while i was living in Holland. The lady at the counter said it would be moisturizing but i had no idea what a difference it would make to my combo skin. I have psoriasis/eczema in some spots all over. I even have a spot on the inside corner of my nose. During certain seasons the spot gets worse and starts to peel and become discolored. Not to mention it doesn't make the best surface for makeup to sit.

I did this once or twice a week and my dry flaky spot cleared. I agree that it is hard to apply, especially since you have to keep it in the fridge and it gets stiff. The key i think is to apply it while your face and fingers are still slightly damp. It rubs on better.

Another tip I have is if you don't have a lush store close (i moved and don't anymore) make your own. I have started doing that now. I take a handful of almonds and grind them to the consistency i want, depending on how exfoliating i want my mask to be. I grind up some oats and mix it all together with 1 tablespoon each of coconut oil and honey and VOILA! You've got your own version of the Oatifix mask.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by thechain

This product is so messy and hard to apply. I usually end up losing more product than I get the chance to use.
I love the smell though. And it does leave my skin feeling clean. However, I can get that effect from other LUSH products, with less mess.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by deanna424

Not my favorite lush fresh face mask. It's somewhat hard to apply because of the thick texture. It smells good enough to eat- like banana oatmeal. However it was hard to wash off and left my face with a filmy-oily layer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive tried every single lush fresh mask out there, stored them in fridge, used them exactly as im supposed to, thrown them out when supposed to, but i have an allergic reaction to every single one, every single time, i just cannot use them, theres something in them that dosent agree with my sensitive skin :( does anyone else get this with the lush face masks at all? Definately wouldnt recommend for those with sensitive skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No