October 24, 2014 | 1873 users online

Pressed Powders - Hard Candy - Welcome Matte Mattifying Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up a couple months ago when my regular powder wasn't cutting it in the hot Arkansas heat. I really like this and I'm fairly light (NC15-20) so the color is perfect. Controls oil well and goes a long way, will rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

This product is great and affordable to boot. I wore it today for the first time, it's been raining hard all day and its so humid that even my carpets are damp, and this worked very well today. I touched up after about 4 hours (this is much improved, usually I have to deal with shine 1/2 hour after i put my makeup on) and it's still looking good 3 hours after the first touch up. I don't like skin primers, for one I can't really find one that controls shine, and worst, I feel like they break me out, so a mattifying powder is really the best way for me to set my makeup and make it stay and keep the shines away. The moon glow powder also works for this purpose but has a bit of a sheen to it, the mattifying powder does not, it is perfectly matte in every way. I will definitely be repurchasing this!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by IndustryKoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Will cake and does not blend. Press and roll/rock back and forth to apply for best results. No staying power-for use throughout day, you would need to reapply, which would cause cakiness. Best bet? Set makeup or apply to bare face in the morning and use blotting papers to wick away excess oil.
    Contains talc, if that is a concern. However, most drugstore brands use talc for oil absorption.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by MamaJ9

Nice mattifying effect, though my super oily skin is doing its best to fight back :) Sponge applicator worked pretty well, and is stored away from the product, which is nice. Powder does seem to be truly translucent, and doesn't affect my skin color or make me look heavily powdered. It's a smidge expensive for a drugstore powder, but it works well enough I'd buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by RickyVsTrevor21

Finally got to wear this today!
    81degrees F

PROS:
    •Translucent
    •Only available in 1 color so it's easy to just pick it up and go
    •Comes with a sponge & mirror (I didn't use the sponge, I used a cotton ball... SMH)
    •Immediately took all the oil off my face (I wore NO foundation/concealer I just have oily skin)
    •Doesn't smell like anything

CONS:
    •Packaging is garbage! It doesn't open once it's properly closed. I didn't get to use the sponge because I couldn't open it
    •ONLY available at Walmart

PRICE: $8 US at a Walmart in Michigan (without taxes)

OVERALL: Definetly will re-purchase, it's amazing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by istyleit

I like this. I LOVE that it doesnt breakme out cause everything does. No itching, no anything, it is light but I layered with my reg powder. Also was very light with touch ups. For the price u can not beat it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by iamtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love Hard Candy and I wanted to like this, but it broke me out. I can hardly blame them - my super-sensitive skin breaks out from products very easily, and I have to be very picky. I ended up returning it.

I liked the translucent color of this - it went on quite nicely with my powder brush and seemed to keep me matte throughout the day. I did think the packaging was bulkier and heavier than it needed to be. Also, what's the deal with not having the ingredients list printed on the product? I had to search for it on Google, and goodness knows if the one that came up is still accurate, as it wasn't from their site.

If you're not sensitive to makeup ingredients or prone to breaking out from products, you might like this. For me, the cheap price isn't worth the breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

normally i used bare escentuals mineral veil to set my liquid foundation, but i'm running low and its a bit $$, so i've been looking at other options. the problem for me is that almost all of the powders i try oxidize horribly on me. i've tried them with different foundations, and i have it narrowed down to being the powder's fault, not the foundation's. they'll look great when i first put them on, but then when i check my MU again in a 1/2 hour or so i'm all orange :( and at that point noting is going to fix it unless i have some OTHER powder with me that doesnt oxidize.

i tried MAC's MSFN in light, and i LOVED the texture and how it made my skin look JUST like real skin, and not MU, but it oxidized. so in frustration, i went to walmart and picked up this Hard Candy powder and the Physicial's Formula talc-free translucent light powder. I'm still waiting to see how that one measures up, but i figured i'd go ahead and write the review for this one first :)

i got it for $8 at walmart. the packaging is cute-- theres a seperate lower part for the heart-shaped sponge and mirror. i like that the sponge is seperate, so its not getting my face's oil all over the product all day long. and the bottom part of the compact is ventilated, so the songe gets all aired out, which is nice. al in all, the packaging seems quite sturdy.

as for the product itself:
    it comes off easily on my flat-top powder brush, no swiping really necessary. its easy to get TOO much loose though. i apply it by dabbing my ELF flat top powder brush on it really well, and pressing the powder onto my skin all over my face. then i go back and lightly swish off any extra powder. it gives me a much better/more flawless look than just swiping on powder does.

the color of this is labeled as translucent, i believe. when you first brush it on (as in swatching, etc), it looks white, but then blends in with my skin color when i blend it out a little more. i think it DOES have some color to it though, b/c it seems like it helps to cover up any reddness or pigmentation marks that my foundation couldnt quite cover.

as for sataying power/performance: i applied it over my foundation at around 8:20am, and then applied blush and highlighter. i didnt touch it up all day, and when i got home and checked on it at around 7pm, it still looked great! 99% as good as it did when i forst put it on! my nose looked like it was just starting to think about being greasy, but i didnt look like i needed to touch it up or anything yet. my entire cheek and forehead areas were still completely matte! AND-- NO OXIDIZING, FOR THE WIN!!!!

now i'm kind of hoping that i dont like the PF powder, as i was planning on returning one or the other anyway, and i really am impressed with this one! this is the forst Hard Candy product i've ever tried, and i think i'll check out some others now!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by MissMermaid

So I was bored at WallyWorld and I like I check out the revamped Hard Candy. I was an HC lover back when you would get your fix at Nordstrom( nestled between the UD and MUFE counters). Anyhow this powder has really surprised me ! I use it alllll the time and it has done what my Bobbi Brown and MAC powders couldn't - mattify without chalkifying me. Now because I am ghostly pale this work wonderfully- but I could imagine lovely darker skinned ladies having some issues with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by SammiXo

I really love this stuff!!! I use it after I put on my foundation in the morning and I put it I'm my purse for touch ups throughout the day. I love the packaging, it is a bit bulky but I actually don't mind that because I keep it in my purse and I feel like its made like that for that reason. I also like the little heart shaped sponge that it comes with, itsgreat for touch ups throughout the day.