December 20, 2014 | 889 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Cream Eyeliner - Coffee

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by sawmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I happened to buy this for my brows and it's making me pretty happy so far. I was tired of how red the Makeup Forever brow gel was, so I was in Target, saw this and bought it. It's a great color for brows, a little too dark, but I just brush it quickly with a spoolie and it smudges out perfectly. Then I use my favorite taupe pencil to touch up the arches and ends, and my brows are done! Can't beat the price. Definitely need to use a different brush, but luckily I have 2 or 3 of those already. I think it's worth a try because it's so cheap and the color is a true brown with no red or ash to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by eyesonme481

These eyeliners were so inexpensive I bought 6 different colors. The darker ones (black, olive) does show up on the eye lid, but does fade over time. The lighter shades are to light for me and once I apply eye shawdow you cannot even notice the liner.

I do like how it is soft and creamy but I use a bent angle eyeliner brush to apply because I absolutely hate the brush it comes with and I feel like I still have a hard time applying.

I agree with over reviews, if you are on a budget try another drug store brand because there are nicer gel eyeliners for a low cost.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by brenduhhh

It's not pigmented at all and fades really quickly. I like how smooth and creamy it is but otherwise it won't show up on your eyes. There are better brown gel eyeliners out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2011 5:42:00 AM More reviews by kwinters

This was the first cream eyeliner that I tried. I figured that it wasn't worth paying around $20 for a nicer liner if I didn't know if I liked the application method.

I usually buy eyeliners in dark brown because I find black to be too dramatic. Coffee was a little too light for my taste and looked awkward with my eyelashes if I didn't layer it.

The eyeliner comes with a little brush that is quite cheap, but gets the job done. Application was fairly smooth, but could have been better. Staying power is poor. I applied it before work and it was completely gone by lunchtime (less than 4 hours).

Around 2-3 months after I purchased this, the eyeliner was noticeably drying in in the container even though I always completely closed the lid. There's probably 90% unused. Complete waste of money, even if it is cheap.

Two stars for being an economical way to try cream eyeliners, but definitely not something I'd consider for regular use.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by famoushair

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was excited by all the positive reviews of this E.L.F. product. The "Coffee" shade is the first one I've tried, and I am disappointed in its lack of pigmentation. It took several swipes just to get a minimal amount of color to show up on my pale eyelids. I may try another color, but this shade is a "miss" for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2011 8:48:00 AM More reviews by LaSlush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I dont like this eyeliner. actually that was my fault, i was thought that it would be great when i apply to my eyes, but its kinda a common color when its on my eye. its just a natural color. yeah its my fault. I HATE it. its just common, nothing good. really. its disappointed me. REALLY DISAPPOINTING.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I like this, the pigmentation is quite good, it doesn't smudge on me and lasts all day (I don't have oily lids though).
It goes on creamy (I wish it was even creamier though), almost completely opaque and it's easy to apply.
I think the packaging is cute and I love the fact it includes a brush (which is not bad at all, but I prefer to use my own).
Edit: This dried out in less than a year, I tried to revive it with eye drops and it worked ok for some time but I just ended up tossing it in the trash after it dried out again. I would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by missmelodyskye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the Coffee cream eyeliner as well as the Navy one and these are AWFUL! Spend your 3$ on a Wet N Wild cream eyeliner if you're strapped for cash. There is no color payoff and they are too "oily" to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by arosica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this eyeliner. I have a light brown/hazel eye color, so this medium brown eyeliner is perfect for me for natural looks. I don't use the brush that comes with it, I use a very fine brush for a fine line. I love the creaminess of this formula, it lines quickly and easily. And, I've had it for a few months and it hasn't dried up like other brands I've bought. I'm sure it will (like the other reviewer said, it's really similar to mascara), but for the price, it won't upset me to toss and repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like e.l.f. Studio cream eyeliner with the exception of Coffee. I don't wear black eyeliner, so I prefer a dark brown eyeliner to make my eyes stand out. This one does not do it. Coffee is light brown. I prefer e.l.f. Copper, which is really a dark brown bronze, and a very beautiful color.

I only use gel liner to tight line my top lid. I've been using gel liners for about three years. Before all the inexpensive ones hit the market, I was wearing PX and the expensive ones get hard quickly too. Too me, gel eyeliner is very similar to mascara ~ you have to keep replacing it every two to three months.

So, that's why I buy cheap brands now. I learned my lesson the hard way. If I am in a jam, I run the eyeliner container under hot water, the same thing I do with old mascara. It will help stretch your product for at least one additional evening or day. I will continue to buy e.l.f gel eyeliners, but not this color...