Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray

3.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl jkDiisopropyl Propionamide, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glucdonolactone, Sodium Benzoate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance. hh

I got this in the travel size and It works great! A little to pricey for me though. If I needed it to last all day and night(which I don't, I'm a stay at home mom that doesn't go out much) and if I had the extra money, I probably would buy it again.

I love all the ideas of 'sprays": Fix+, setting sprays, etc. I tried this as a sample size thinking it would be "fancy water" and it got me through a pretty humid summer. I used to think that my makeup disappeared at work, and somehow my primer/powders weren't very good. However, after getting this product, I do notice that everything stays put. I haven't noticed that it was drying, however, we are coming up on the winter months. Two things 1) This does not make your makeup "dewy" or change it's texture. It sets it in place 2) I like to apply mascara after the spray. This spray has opened me up into other sprays, and I actually like the ELF one equally as well, so the "would you buy it again" question I answered yes, but may like ELF better and will update.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I expected to love this stuff, but... nope.

Youtubers have been raving about this stuff for some time, and so I grabbed a free, generous sample from Sephora during a holiday special. I had the chance to use this for several weeks, and my thoughts are... meh.

Don't get me wrong. This stuff works as advertised, and if you want it, you should get it. But the price is RIDICULOUS, especially considering that you can find sprays that work just as well for a fraction of the price. My current drugstore setting spray lasts just as long as this, but for less than 10 dollars.

UD did a good job with this spray, but for $30, I expect something a lot better. Not buying the full size.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

This stuff works, for sure. If I need to lock my face on without touch ups, or am wearing a tricky dark/bright eye look, I reach for this one. That said, I do have a few things I don't love about it. To start, as others have mentioned, it does feel a bit tacky on the skin.

The other thing is I find that unlike Fix+ (which really doesn't "fix" your makeup in the sense that it keeps it on, but just kind of melds everything onto your face nicely and delivers some moisture), I find it to be harsh and drying after a long wear. So if I'm going out I will wait until the last minute to put it on and then I will wipe off my makeup immediately with a wipe when I get home. Just to keep any reaction from my sensitive/dry skin to a minimum.

Short review: Holds makeup on like a bitch, too intense for every day use.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This works and works well. My makeup survived a 24 hour party. It doesn't burn or feel sticky.

My only issue is the price. L'Oreal and NYX make setting sprays that work about as well, for much less.

Bonus points for making this in a travel size!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Bottom line: This works to set my makeup without making my dry skin get worse. It lasts all day (and through sweaty photoshoots with hot lighting). It still requires powder eventually, especially if it's warm out and you're doing flash photography, but for low-level activity it does the job.

I started using this after Fix+ began looking absolutely horrible and cakey on my face for no reason at all. All Nighter looks lovely and dewy, giving a veeeery slight glow to matte products.

The caveat: it feels TERRIBLE on the face. It kind of "sets" to a sticky, heavy feeling. It doesn't make my face tacky to the touch, thank goodness, but when I make any facial expression I can feel it sitting weirdly on top of my skin. I know that this is what it's supposed to do but I still can't get over how gross it feels. While it doesn't cake up, it has a tendency to emphasize my barely-there smile lines after a lot of emoting, haha.

I honestly think this problem could be solved with a finer spray, thus dispensing less product. I suppose I could spray it on a Beautyblender and bounce it around on my face a bit but that really defeats the convenience factor of a spray. I'll probably look for something lighter rather than repurchasing. A solid 3 lippies, and worth it if you can handle the price + icky feeling combo, but I'll keep moving.

My favorite setting spray ever!!! I have used a few others and I love this product. I always buy one as soon as I run out. I got the small travel size bottle first to try it out and loved it so bought the larger one. Love that I can pour some in the traveler size one to keep in my purse. It sets your makeup to last all day. I have acne prone skin and it has not broke me out! The price might be high but I love makeup and think it's a good decent price. Totally worth it! Use it all day and can say it lasts me 3 to 4 months!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow! I was totally skeptical of this product. I have oily skin and I only use primer on my eyes. I had just accepted the fact that my makeup wears off during the course of the day. This stuff really does work. I wish I had taken a before and after picture. I even took a nap and most of my makeup still in place. Other than little crease at corner of my eyes, everything looks about the same. I am definitely recommending to my friends.

This is the BOMB.COM! I have super oily skin and apply my make up at 7AM and don't take it off until about 9PM. I use this on top of my foundation. I don't set my foundation with powder, I just use this. Throughout the day my face becomes dewey and glowey. It really keeps make up in place and is worth every penny. My only warning is make sure you apply this once your entire face is done and your mascara is 100% dry. Otherwise the wetness from the spray can make your mascara run.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This was a highly raved product across YT, but I never settled down for this until recently, simply because I was still a student, learning makeup and on a budget.

My first purchase of this was in a travel sized one, and IT WAS A LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE, NO JOKE.

I am the type of girl who either wears no makeup, or full on makeup (inclusive full coverage foundation, concealer, powder, eyeshadow, eyeliner, lips etc etc). So obviously when I put on multiple layers, it will look cakey.

Do take note, I have extremely oily skin, and I live in really hot and humid conditions, about 93.2 fahrenheit on average day.

After applying my usual makeup, I used this to set my entire face, about 2-3 sprays, and it literally, sets the makeup. Once it sets, it sits on your skin (in a good way) and it doesn't look un-natural. I work in the beauty line as well, so I can basically wear my makeup from 10.30am and get home at about 11pm to find that my makeup is still on!!!!

My blusher, my contour, my foundation, most importantly, my eyeshadow was STILL on my face, nothing has slid off. I noticed slight dewiness coming through my tzone, but this always happens because of my skin type.

I have since repurchased the bigger version of this. I have used so many drugstore setting sprays but none of them could work as well as this.

YES I will repurchase this. YES it is worth the price. YES if you're new to makeup, if you want to look for setting sprays that can last, this is definitely worth the splurge, you'll really see the difference.

Popular Primer/ Correctors