October 25, 2014 | 1098 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Creamy Formula

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 11:45:00 AM More reviews by classygirl

Just bought my second tube. I can't believe I hadn't tried this product earlier!!! First, I have reactive, eczema, itchy skin. My hands crack and peel easily. They got so bad this winter, I was desperate. Aveda Hand cream is my HG. Well, that caused much burning. The only 2 creams that worked were Eucerin cream in the jar and the Vaseline Creamy formula. I use this cream about 3 times a day and the Eucerin cream at night. Cured my red, peeled hands and for the first time, no more cracks on the fingers! I have tried EVERYTHING. (FTR, Eucerin and Vaseline alone, didn't work for me either. I have to use both daily).This stuff works a touch BETTER than the Aveda plus it's fragrance free and CHEAP. $2.98 at Target. Seriously. I prefer this much over Aveda and I never thought I'd say that. Aveda was my HG for years.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatebee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can not go though winter without this cream. I go though four tubs of these during the winter and my skin is moisturized from day to night. I put it all over my body everyday and I feel so smooth. Just wished it smelled better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2007 11:33:00 AM More reviews by mayberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is my only holy grail. Much better than Vaseline, La Mer, Olay Regenerist, Sisley, La Prairie and the list goes on. I have very fair skin that is extremely sensitive to Vitamin A products (Retin-a and Tazorac), AHA/BHA, Glycolic acid, and Vitamin C. I use this product as a moisturizer at night, and then I apply Tazorac or Triluma. When I apply Tazorac or Triluma without first buffering with the Creamy Vaseline or when I use another moisturizer, my face stings, becomes red, and peels like crazy. However, when I buffer with the Creamy Vaseline, I have none of this (except minimal peeling now and then). For me, this product is really amazing. The texture of my skin is much improved since now I can use (and tolerate) Tazorac. I am acne prone, but I do not have any breakouts as a result of using this. The texture is a bit thick, so a small amount will suffice. I like to put it on when my face is slightly damp in order to thin out the texture. To me, this product has a faint, but pleasant smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2007 6:30:00 AM More reviews by ravenlocks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My hands were falling apart. I have eczema and I teach 3rd grade, so I wash frequently as well as use Purell. My hands were bleeding and cracked. This cream works as a barrier and is very soothing. Nothing else I've used has worked as well. I bought my 1st tube two days ago and there is a vast change in the skin on my hands. My knuckles don't bleed when I bend my fingers! I also use this on the eczema patches on my face. Does the job perfectly. I slathered this stuff onto my feet and wore socks to bed. My feet feel look much better too! Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2007 9:15:00 PM More reviews by luvmuzik

This stuff is great! I've used other creams and lotions but I always come back to this cream. It helps my very dry skin. I feel moisturized for hours and in the winter season, that can be hard to achieve! I wish it had a slight scent though. That would be a bonus!! For those who like light weight moisturizers, this cream may not be for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this stuff for years. My hands used to crack and bleed because they'd dry out so easily. I was on a prescription hand cream as a child because my hands got so dry. This is the heaviest and most effective product I've ever been able to find. It can be a little greasy for a while after applying, but that's one of the reasons it works so well. If a cream or lotion isn't at least a little greasy, it probably isn't doing its job. There needs to be a film on the skin to hold the moisture in, and nobody has perfected that like Vaseline. It can be a little expensive but Shopper's ocassionally has it on sale for $1.99 so I always stock up. I like that it's fragrance-free because I just really don't like fragranced products. Fragrance in skin care isn't good for you, especially if you've got sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by ms5kity

HG! HG!!! OMG HG!!!!!!!! this stuff is amazing! I cannot use enough exclamation points here!

I moved from florida (humid wet state) to Colorado (suck the moisture from your skin...so much I swear you can see it evaporating state! lol) and my lips have been chapped ever since. Chap stick didn't touch it, many many balms, carmax, everything! My beautiful kissable lips had vanished and now I had chapped peeling nasty lips no matter what I seemed to try. So yesterday I was reading through the reviews of moisturizers for my face (as clinique broke me out something awful!). Came across this with all the HG comments. Read what Scout8 had said about using it on her lips. I figure eh...I’m heading out to Wal-Mart anyway…it's dirt cheap...about the cost of a chap stick anyway. I was still a bit weary because I really dislike the normal in a tub Vaseline. I put that stuff on and no matter what I do- scrub... wash... it makes me feel greasy and gross. But this stuff...OMG! one use. JUST ONE. my lips are back! beautiful, healing! I cannot get over it. I keep touching them and rubbing them together. I actually had a line on my lips, like a ridge of dry skin, and poof, vanished, gone! soft soft soft. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. This stuff smells nice, goes on soft, comes off easily with no greasy feel afterward. I am in love. swoon!

once again Makeupalley is amazing! Thanks to everyone for writing about it as this is a product I never would have tried on my own.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2007 7:47:00 PM More reviews by heileres

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like all the others, I am a huge fan. After finding out I am allergic to certain cosmetic ingredients, I've had to change up my face routine quite a bit and I am addicted to studying ingredient lists and comparing brands, it's amazing how many things out there claim to do the impossible, charge outrageous sums of money, and actually hurt your skin more than help ... well, after all this, I have found a couple staple do-gooders for the skin - regular vaseline and this creamy formula are two of them, this helps tremendously during the winter months when my face gets dry patches and suffers from wind burn. Amazing, even after one use. I'm hooked. *UPDATE* this actually started to break me out, so I went back to the regular jug of vaseline that remains a godsend.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by HKaren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my holy grail moisturizer for my dry skin. Nothing keeps the "itchies" away like this. I am always trying other lotions but always come back to this. The only thing I don't like is its lack of a pleasant fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2007 4:21:00 PM More reviews by sagrawoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This might sound crazy, but here's an alternate use - I've used this on my hair. I got the tip from one of my guyfriends who substituted this for gel, as he didn't like how stiff hair gets from gel. If you use just a little and rub it into the ends (def. NOT the roots - you'll get greasy) before you blowdry or heatstyle, it works wonders. For those of you who want volume and height, it might drag you down. But for others (like me) who like the straight/shiny/sleek look, it's amazing.