August 2, 2014 | 1598 users online

Scrubs - Noxzema - Clean Blemish Control Daily Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Jaqueta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Me: sensitive, sometimes flaky, sometimes oily, often irritated. I honestly don't know what made me buy this product as I've never been a Noxzema fan. Maybe I was desperate. Maybe I was in need of a little retail therapy that day. Whatever it was, I'm really glad I took a chance on this product because it's been a lifesaver for me. I don't generally get a lot of breakouts but I do have the occasional pimple esp on my chin at TTOTM and I AM blackhead prone so exfoliating with salicylic acid (BHA) has always been important to me. Unfortunately many BHA products are too irritating (usually because of the addition of other, harsher ingredients) or just don't do the job. This scrub is a perfect balance. I never imagined I'd be using a scrub for everyday cleansing but it's gentle enough to do just that. The exfoliating granules look and feel like they have a much finer texture than in other scrubs and they enhance the power of the BHA. The cleanser itself is creamy and rich feeling and rinses away cleanly without leaving my skin tight or flaky. My skin never feels irritated anymore and I have actually gotten compliments on it (something I could have never imagined). I love this and in fact don't want to be without it. I'm the kind of person with tons of half-used skin products in my bathroom and this is the one I use now to the exclusion of everything else. I took off one lippie only because I don't know how well it removes makeup as I rarely wear any (but maybe the fact that I don't reach for tm, concealer, or other skin-evening makeups like I used to is an endorsement in and of itself?) these days. It does seem to take off my sunscreen, though, so it would probably be fine in a makeup-removing capacity. I will definitely repurchase this as long as it keeps treating my skin so well.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by solipsist22

This scrub was AWFUL. I was so excited that Noxzema came out with a product for ADULT skin as I am 33 years old with combo skin... But even though my skin is super oily in the T-zone, this left my skin VERY dry and tight. (I use products marketed toward teens that don't leave my skin this tight and dry!)

Also-- the scrub has a really strange paste-like consistency which was very difficult to rinse off. It got stuck in the tiny hairs on my hairline and trapped behind my ears! I found this gunk on my neck hours after washing my face. And believe me--- I tried for several minutes to rinse this stuff off and I am very thorugh with my face washing! This doesn't happen to me with any other scrubs or cleansers I use.

I have never returned a face scrub to a store before... but I returned this one. It was that bad. I'll stick with my Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Foaming Scrub and St Ives Apricot Scrub from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2010 2:19:00 PM More reviews by izzy675

I bought this product because I ran out of my clean and clear products and since that just cleansed I wanted and exfoliating wash...and I love it! The smell isn't as good as clean and clear but I love how it doesn't dry out my skin! Because it's marketed for adults the acne medication isn't as strong as benzoyl peroxide but it definitely gets the job done! I think since I've started using it I've gotten about 2 pimples! Since I am a teen naturally I'm going to break out no matter what, but this makes them way less frequent and smaller. All in all I love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by justwant2bcute

i have very acne prone skin...stress, hormones, bad makeup, u name it, it breaks me out. LOVE this scrub because it has worked very well on keeping my skin from breaking out. I have been using it for about 2 weeks now, no breakouts or irritations from it:) love the scent, love how refreshing it feels after you rinse it off, my skin feels so much more soft than it has recently, doesnt dry out my skin AT ALL!!! i really love it, oh yeah...and its very cheap...5 bucks at walgreens. my skin feels clean, refreshed, soft, and is clearing up quite nice. i have nothing bad to say about this product, which is great because i can usually find something bad to say about most products i have tried. i will def keep using this scrub...please keep this product noxzema......my skin will love u forever!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by REE43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really like this new product. I ve used other Noxema scrubs and other brands and never like the scrub effects. Never seemed thick enough to me and this is perfect. It is thicker and the scrubbing granuales are a nice consistancy. The smell is fresh and it seems to be leaving my skin even toned. I like this the best of any facial scrubs Ive tried. I got this for arounf 3.50 at Target on sale

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by lookn4smitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really want to give this 4.5 lipsticks because even though I do like it I do get an occasional zit(s). I use to use Noxema's Blackhead scrub and one day I was running out to get a new bottle/tube of it but the store didn't have it in stock so I grabbed this instead. First, it smells amazing! The scent is so clean and fresh. I can't imagine anyone finding it offensive. Second, the microbeads in it are much finer than the black head scrub so I don't feel guilty using it daily or scrubbing a wee bit harder. Third, my skin has cleared a bit since I started using this. I've never had problem skin (not even in high school) but recently my skin has been breaking out a lot more often than I'm used to. I started to get really emotional about because I didn't know what to do or if I was doing something wrong. I'm relieved to say that this scrub seems to be helping my skin. I use it at night and then I wash my face with Clean&Clear's Finishes Pore Refining Face Wash in the morning. My pores seem smaller or in the very least cleaner. What's very interesting about the scrub is it's claim to be specially formulated for adult skin. I turned 25 this month and I'm starting to wonder if there is really something to the "adult skin" thing. Note: I hadn't really changed my skin care routine since freshman/sophomore year at college. What's more is that it has less salicylic acid than the cleansers or scrubs I had been using previously. I highly recommend giving it a try if your scrub just isn't cutting it anymore. I'm glad I did!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by JCuevas04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a new product that Noxzema has put out on the market. Its marketed towards adults. This contains 1% Salicylic Acid and is in a creamy base. It contains those gentle microbead exfoliators and doesn't really foam up. But it is very easy to rinse clean away which is great. I got this on sale at Walgreens for $3.99 USD but I believe this is only around $5.00 USD regular price which is pretty cheap still. Its a great daily scrub IMO. No fuss. It does the job at leaving my skin clean, silky smooth and flake free. I use this morning and night. A little goes a long way since its in more of a creamy base. Its oil and alcohol free. It didn't leave my skin totally tight feeling after rinsing. My skin responds better to frequent gentle exfoliation rather than weekly more intense exfoliation and this scrub fits the bill for me. No breakouts or irritation and has a minimal to almost non-existent tingly feeling like the original Noxzema is known for. It also has a great fruity scent rather then their typical medicinal scent which I actually enjoy. I would def purchase this again and give kudos to Noxzema for stepping up their skin care game. I have posted the ingredients in the ingredients section of this review.