NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 11/4/2014 9:59:00 PM

This is a MUST if your eye shadow creases like crazy. I would put my makeup on before work...around 7 am and by noon it was getting creasy, and fading. I've used cheaper primers and they did nothing but waste my time and money. NARS is perfect. I put my eye shadow on today at 7am and I just washed my face at 8pm, and it almost looked perfect, like I just put the eye shadow on. No creasing, fading, melting. Kept my eyeliner in place.

Since its a wand style applicator, its not for sharing just like mascara.

I found blending my eye shadow fine, and it kept the color vibrant from the start. Don't need to use to much, a little goes along way. They say the money you invest in your makeup should be the base, like primer / foundation / concealer. Without a good base, anything else you put on will just be garbage. BUT you can't put a eye cream on your lid before applying this, it makes it harder to adhere to your lid and won't work as well. Just use a good eye cream at night and you should be fine.

This eye primer is just to good for words. It needs to be in every ones makeup bag.

on 10/25/2014 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've only used a handful of other shadow primers before, mainly UDPP in Eden, and one L'Oreal had out years ago. Initially I thought I would not like this because it's colorless and I like the yellow tint of Eden to correct my lids. However this turned out to be a real winner, I used it with some cheapie drugstore shadow and it lasted all day, even through a 4 mile trek on a warm humid day. Shadow didn't crease and there was some minor fading but I put it through the wringer. Also this made my shadows very vibrant and the color really popped. This is a great product.

on 10/8/2014 5:00:00 PM

Better than Urban Decay primer because it's easier to put on and easier to spread

on 9/25/2014 4:14:00 PM

I was given this product as a gift, so I didn't actually pay for it. I like the staying power of this product, and that my shadow doesn't crease, however, I've found so many drugstore eye primers that really do the same. I love the Milani primer, and honestly, the $1 E.L.F. primer works for me, too. This NARS primer makes it really hard for me to blend my shadows as it is so tacky. I wouldn't repurchase because of the price.

on 9/16/2014 11:10:00 PM

Being the nars fanatic I am, I wanted to love everything nars, but this just doesn't work on me, my eyeshadow just keeps on creasing !!! I now use too faced shadow insurance or nars paint pot as a base, that solved my problem

on 9/15/2014 7:51:00 PM

This is an expensive primer, but it's worth every penny. I got my make up @ sephora and the mua put this on my eyes before the eyeshadows, and I have to say that it was not easy taking it off at night, I was impressed! I wore it for 9 hours straight and there was absolutely no change in my eye makeup at all. Really love it, and I have very oily eyelids, no eye shadow has ever lasted an entire day even with primers such as mac paintpot and urban decay (returned the first; threw out the 2nd).

on 9/12/2014 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My HG primer. Tried UD and WnW Fergie but they both creased on me. This one keeps me crease free all day and no weird crepeyness on my eyelids either.

on 9/12/2014 4:13:00 PM

This product is a little on the pricier side, but it's worth every penny.
My eyelids get horribly oily no matter what season it is but with this primer my eyeshadow doesn't crease at alllllllllll & my eyeshadow always looks like I just applied it all the time. i love this primer soooooooooooooooooooo much, i'm never going back to any other primers, i think it might even be my HG ;)

on 8/22/2014 6:25:00 PM

After hearing so many good reviews about this on good ol' YouTube, I decided to take the plunge and purchase this. I have extremely oily lids so any amount of eye primer I usually apply does not prevent my eyeshadow from creasing within a couple of hours.
BUT, I think I have found my HG of all HGs. This NARS primer is amazing!! My eyeshadow does not budge after a long day in sun and humidity (I'm talking 14+ hours). I've used it with both powder and cream eyeshadows and apply one swipe on each lid, and a little under my eyes as well.
I've tried many other primers including Urban Decay's primer potion and MAC's Paint Pots... They don't have anything on this one.

on 8/19/2014 6:59:00 AM

This is a great primer. As in my country NARS is not available, I asked a relative to buy one tube in the US for me. Now, I'd like to have lots of it in case I run out of primer!
It lasts all day long, even in a rainy day. Eyeshadow keeps exactly the same as in the morning, without creasing at all.
The applicator is useful, and there's a small amount needed to make it work. Plus, it has no colour so it wouldn't bother your eye makeup.
A bit pricey, buy would definitely repurchase.

Top Rated NARS Products