April 16, 2014 | 1905 users online

Eye Primer - Palladio - Herbal Eyeshadow Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Sucks. Did NOT help shadows appear vibrant or last long--they were gone (ugly smudged remnants) within a few hours!! My bella pierre primer is a gazillion times better than this. Hate the packaging on this, too. Impractical and stupid.
Edit: my bad! I figured out a way to make this work: use a base under it, then smooth this on top. Add your shadows with a pat pat motion rather than wiping side to side. With regards to blending, DON't put it on near crease or any place u need to blend a lot. It brightens shadows, picks up glitter very well, and i like it when used this way.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by babygirl24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I saw this product at Sally's since I get a lot of my hair products there, and decided to check out the reviews online. I had thought about getting UDPP or even MAC, but decided why not give this one a shot since it was only like $8 when I got it just two weeks ago.

First, I have very oily skin and I live in Central Florida, so I need something that's not gonna crease. The shadows do stick to my lids once I let my primer dry and the pigments are seen more. A little shadow goes a long way. I get ready around 7AM before leaving the house at 8AM for school. My around 3PM my shadows are barely starting to crease, and by the end of the night my eyemakeup is just gone around the crease.

I don't know if I'm not doing something right with the primer, like putting a bit more than I should or not letting it dry, or if it's just that the product doesn't work as well for me as it does for others. I'm just sick of doing my makeup and my eyeshadows don't last me all day like it does for my other friends. I'll keep using it because I'm not gonna throw it in the trash, that's throwing my money away. Hopefully with fall coming up and with it getting cooler over here, it might help.

Hope it does work for you gals though. Palladio does sell good items, like their liners and lip stains.

********************
(3/19/2012)

OK, so now whenever I'm about to put primer on, I always pass a soft face cloth over my lids just to be sure they're nice and dry. And it does the trick. Very happy I stuck with this primer =)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by rosa2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer is awesome. I saw it on a youtube guru's site saying it was comparable to UDPP and boy was she right!
Now thats all I would swear by was the UDPP because I love their eye shadows and the primer was wonderful! I would use it daily and it kept my eyeshadows vibrant, no creasing and no fading even after a fulls day worth of wearing (from 8 in the morning till 9 at night still going strong!)

And then I decided to try this one and see if it was really comparable. See all those great things I said about UDPP, well thats exactly what this primer did with half the cost! I love this primer and will continue to purchase over and over again. Its awesome! It went on just as smoothly and you dont have to pack it on which is nice and it makes a nice smooth base for your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ShimmerySarah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty great primer...I would say it's easily comparable to UDPP. It's much cheaper too. I really like it and use it under all my eye looks.
As far as it being "herbal", that's so silly to me. The stuff smells chemically, like any other cosmetic...it's just another marketing gimmick.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 7:53:00 AM More reviews by hdietrich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the first eye shadow primer I have ever tried so I guess I lucked out because this product is amazing!! I have extremely oily skin and hair. I was lucky to get maybe 4 wearing hours out my eyeshadows and then they would start to crease. Now my eyeshadow looks great the whole day 6am till I take it off at bed time. Where has this prduct been my whole life? lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by lillyrowan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best eye shadow primer that I have tried. It holds my shadow(s) in place with no fading, melting, or creasing. I have tried several other eye primers including Urban Decay, and this is the best to date. The price is more reasonable than the higher-end primers. Good job Palladio.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought this would be a cheaper alternative to UD, and it's okay, but I think it's too thin and greasy to be as effective as I'd like. By the end of the work day, my shadow starts to crease a bit, and I never had that problem with UDPP. It seems this stuff works well for some people, but I'll try a different primer once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by zippy7flaca

This eye primer was a little on the pricey side at least for me i paid about 8 dollars for it at sally beauty supply. But im impressed with it. I do prefer to use my fingers to apply my primer or even a brush but with this one it has a doe foot applicator and its hard to spread the product on your lid with it so i tend to use my finger anyway to apply it everywhere but other than that i like the way it makes my shadow stay on all day and that it stops them from creasing as well. This product is very good for the money. I recommend this primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 3:19:00 PM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

EDIT Sept 2, 2011
Unfortunately this causes my eyelids to become very dry and flaky :( so I would not repurchase
Wow! I waited a few weeks before writting a review on this to make sure that I really had a chance to test it out.
First off, I need an eyeshadow primer mainly to prevent creasing as I have very oily skin.
I'm amazed with this product. UDPP is not readily available where I live and is expensive IMO when I can get my hands on it.
This product works JUST AS GOOD FOR ME as the UDPP, if not better!
The texture and consistency is almost identical and it prevents creasing all day and evening if I don't have time to go home to freshen up after work.
Yes the packaging sucks and you will have to cut it open to get all the product out but for the price and the quality, I will repurchase this for as long as it's available to me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by alexrich

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to say that I am extremely impressed with this primer. I wanted a cheaper alternative to the UDPP so I decided to give this a try. I have very oily eyelids and this stuff helped my eyeshadow stay on with no creasing for at least 6 hours. So I was very surprised. If you are looking for a primer that helps brighten up the colors of the eyeshadow, I would say that this product would not be for you. I have noticed that it doesn't help the colors at all and actually kinda makes them look a little dull, which is definitely a downside. I also don't like the applicator. It makes it hard to apply an even coat. I also noticed that when you apply the primer it feels a little greasy, but don't worry!! Just wait till it dries and your eyelids will feels silky smooth :).