September 16, 2014 | 1196 users online

Blush - Cargo - Catalina

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by susanwylie67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like all the cargo blushes I've tried, but I chose to review this one, because it's my favorite, and most surprising. It looks bright bubblegummy pink in the tin, but goes on as a perfect pop of pink flush. It's just a flattering shade on almost anyone that I have tried it on. If you need something to perk you up, and make you feel pretty and awake...give it a swirl:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the most beautiful, flattering, natural looking blushes I have. The really good thing is not only that this colour perks up my completion, lightening my whole face with a healthy glow, but also its semi matt consistency that works really good for my combo skin, also for touch ups during the day. My biggest complain is that you can hardly find this brand (and particulary this blush) outside of the USA.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by keylimeyum

I'm on my second "pan" of this blush. It was the first I ever bought, It gives fair skin a beautiful flush. I thought I would be sick of it since they give so much, but now I don;t know what I'll do if they discontinue it. My first batch lasted over a year. I just ordered the nars orgasm and can't wait to compare.
Just got the nars and I like catalina better. It's just a happier, sweeter color. I think catalina looks good on my fair skin and that the nars orgasm is a color that could be used for just about anyone. I also like that the catalina doesn't have the glitter in it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

I went to get nars desire but ended up coming home with this! This is such a nice blush and I'm really sold on cargo line of makeup after trying this blush. The texture is gorgeous. It's totally matte powder but feels creamy for some reason like lorac shadows. REALLY NICE. The price was the same as nars blush but u get like twice as much so I feel good about having purchased this blush over nars. The packaging is excellent as well. It comes in a large tin and I like the ease of this package, easy to open and close, and it's secure enough.
The color is really nice as well, it's a nice bright bubble gum pink like others have said. But it's pigmented enough and shows well on my skin (nc30-35). I feel like it looks more true to it's color when I don't have a tan. When I put it on with my bronzer or darker shade foundation, mufe face and body 34, the color turns a little orangy. It's going to last me a while and it's definitely a quality and color I'm very happy with. Go for this if u are looking for a nice bright true pink that will brighten your face. The fact that this looks prettier when I'm paler makes me think that this would be a 100% winner for fairer people, and medium to dark skinned people should try it first before ordering this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2010 2:51:00 AM More reviews by ellenicole16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Such a nice blush! It looks really bright pink in the pan but once it's on your cheeks it adds a really nice flush to your face. It's matte, which is great because sometimes I'm not in the mood to have a shimmery blush. It also comes in a cute tin, and you get quite a lot of product! I've had mine for close to a year now and I still haven't hit pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by KateFesch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A cool, bubblegum pink that looks great against my olive, NC30 skin. The texture is also excellent - semi-sheer and matte, which makes for a very natural flush. Package is cute and sturdy, price is reasonable. Two thumbs up!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 5:12:00 PM More reviews by eerielle143

I love this blush. It's a light pink, no shimmers and it looks natural on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by essiegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Like most people, I thought this color was intimidating in the pan and didn't give it a second glance at Sephora until I began searching for a great matte pink blush. With a light hand, Catalina gives you a pretty soft flush on your cheeks and doesn't look at all too garish or clown face. I wear this nearly everyday (Asian, light-medium complexion) and it's great. I would purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by amidd49

I actually bought this in hopes of achieving that bright pink Barbie look that many reviews are complaining of. However, I wear foundation which affects the color of the blush. I found that with or without foundation, this blush lost it's soft lavender bright pink tone and became more of a rosy mauve red on my face. Looked fine in the mirror until I went in the car and saw my face in the car mirror - it was obviously way too unnatural looking. I'm returning this to Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by v13co

Like many other reviews, this is a bubblegum pink blush. It may seem like too pink at first but it really isn't. This gives me a gorgeous "came from the cold"/ flushed look on my cheeks. It has amazing staying power, and it's super easily to apply. The blush is quite pigmented so a light hand is recommended, and add more as needed.

It's more expensive than some other blushes in the market, but I think this blush has great VALUE. You get a lot of product (8.9 grams for US $22) and it lasts a long, long time.