October 22, 2014 | 1824 users online

Dry Shampoo - Salon Grafix - Invisible Dry Spray Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by sydcricket

I've got thick, dark, hair which gets oily in a matter of hours and I really have to keep laughing at these ''invisible'' dry shampoos. I feel like they're ''invisible'' because they don't do anything!! I guess this stuff would be good if you have normal or dry hair and need to get rid of that "24 hour" sheen your hair gets when you can't wash it daily, but it probably only be effective on the "6 hour" sheen I get. A day later? Forget it. Useless. The more expensive "invisible" ones are no better.

Anyone have a good rec for one of those good old talcum powdery ones that don't stink and have lots in the can? I'm desperate.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by elph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a fair-to-middlin' opinion of this dry shampoo, but I am (probably unfairly) comparing it to a more expensive product that I use whenever I can justify the expense. I have a naturally oily scalp, so I need dry shampoo for those odd days when I am on the run and have no time to spare on washing my hair before rushing out the door. I am also a brunette, so I like a dry shampoo that doesn't require me to strenuously work it into my hair to get rid of that tell-tale trace of talcum. Salon Grafix really is invisible, at least on my dark hair, and it's inexpensive and easy to find at ye olde Wally World. It smells citrusy fresh, and a quick blast is all it takes to eliminate the evidence of an evening in a smoky bar. However, when I really need to reduce oil, I find that I do have to use a significant amount more to see a difference in my hair. It's not hard to use a third of the bottle on one application when I am using it to keep my scalp oils at bay. Good thing it's so cheap. This one will remain a stand-by when I can't afford the other one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 8:05:00 AM More reviews by cinnamon_girl

I feel compelled to write a review because I'm shocked at the number of negative reviews for this product. The way most reviewers describe the product is completely contrary to my experience with it. I have fine, long straight blonde hair that I wash every second day or so. I recently moved to a small town and the selection of dry shampoo products is very limited here, so I ended up with this kind and I've been pleasantly surprised. First of all, I actually love the way it smells: like vanilla and baby powder. To me, it smells fresh and clean without being overpowering. I spray it on at around 8am, and by the time I get to work an hour later I can barely smell it anymore, and nobody else has seemed to notice the scent. Second, it does what it's supposed to do: it refreshes the look of unwashed hair and is completely invisible. To apply it, I brush my hair, then spray the product all over my hair, concentrating around my hairline and part. After waiting a minute or two, I brush my hair again and style as usual. I find that this dry shampoo gives my hair a little bit of volume, but when I touch my hair or run my fingers through it it doesn't feel like it's been weighed down with a lot of product (unlike other dry shampoos I've tried, where after using them I couldn't stand to touch my hair and could barely run a brush or my fingers through it).

Compared with other products I've tried, I'm very pleased with this one. I don't like Tresemme's dry shampoo (hate the smell and it makes my hair look worse than if I used nothing at all) and I can't stand the smell of the one by got2b. I love everything about Suave's dry shampoo, but sadly, it's not available in Canada yet. I feel that one of the reasons why people are disappointed with dry shampoo products is unrealistic expectations. Frankly, if your hair is really oily & could stand to be shampooed, I don't think any dry shampoo will make it look and smell like it's been freshly washed. Overall, I'm happy with this product and would re-purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by cmannequin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this because I wash my hair every day and wanted to start washing it every other day (which I know is a lot better for you) The sent of the product is pleasant, nothing too strong that lingers in the hair. I followed the instructions to the T, sectioning my hair and doing short bursts. However this product did little to no help for my oily second day hair. It did not absorb the oil and my hair still looked as though I hadn't washed it for a a day. If nothing it actually left my hair feeling more dirty and texturized than before. Also did the same for teasing/volumizing that any other regular hair spray could have. Complete waste of money and this is more expensive compared to other dry shampoos. Will never repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by resipsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use dry shampoo on occasion for second day hair so it won't look oily. This did not do the job. My hair looked just as oily, if not oilier. Useless.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by blondex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this at Ulta, it was only about $6 on sale I believe... it smells floral/fresh but doesn't really make my hair less oily. It works for maybe half an hour then my hair looks kind of worse. It's also hard to wash out and leaves a waxy-feeling residue. Fail.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by ginnoame

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

oily hair runs in the family, so it's difficult to skip a day of washing my hair. because i know it's healthier, I've been on the hunt for the perfect dry shampoo for my dark brown/black hair. this was close, but not quite it.

pros:
truly invisible!
smells lovely (fresh, floral, hairspray scent)
absorbs oil
great packaging (easy to use, even with my tiny hands.)
adds a bit of volume

cons:
need lots of product for any result
oil absorption didn't quite cut it

in the end i still needed a little baby powder. will not repurchase. :\

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by np_7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like this too much, the batiste dry shampoo was better. The main reason I wanted to try this was bec I've heard that this doesn't leave a powdery white residue (unlike the batiste one). This doesn't make your hair look like you just poured baby powder on it but the smell is too strong. It smells like hairspray and it looks like you put some hairspray on your hair, too. It doesn't get rid of the oil as good as the batiste. I think I'll just use this up and go back to batiste even though I had to brush off the powdery residue, at least it gets rid of the oil and smells much fresher. (Hmm...it looks like the SG brunette dry shampoo has better ratings so maybe it's better? Might try their other version then)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by CRAZY4MAKEUP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

need alot to absorb oil. smells bad.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by rilokiley1289

I hated this. It smells very perfumey, it makes my hair look dried out, and even after that it looks dirty and frizzy. I feel as if it leaves a dry-flakey residue. I hate this stuff!

I wasn't too fond of that Pssst dry shampoo, but I'd much rather use that.