October 24, 2014 | 902 users online

Brows - Smashbox - Brow Tech To-Go

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by esissan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good brow filler. I have it in brunette. It lasts all day. One must not be heavy handed and be sure to blend well after applying for a natural look. The gel on the other end is just alright. I prefer to use clear hair gel, which works better for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The pencil is very oddly shaped and large, almost at an angle, making it awkward to fill in your brows because it gives too much pigment. If you sweat too much (I wore it to hot yoga class once) it literally runs above and underneath your brows, giving you a line vertically running through your eyebrows. Doesn't withstand any water or sweat. The gel is nice but it runs out so fast, I was out of it within one week of using once a day. I just refill it with a cheap Garnier hair gel which seems to do the trick. I like the eyebrow brush. Would not repurchase because the pencil compenent is a dealbreaker for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by violet978

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the original brow tech a lot so I thought I'd give this a shot in Brunette.

I like the convenience of it, but found it made my brows look harsh and fake. The formula obviously isn't the same as the original - it's like a pen with a bit of coloured wax in a slanted shape sticking out the end.

This might be good if you're filling in your brows in a pinch and don't have time to care much about what they look like, but I much prefer the original wax/powder duo with the smashbox brush - the results are far superior.

This also may work if you have super-skinny brows and like a look with extreme definition.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by sarah1nicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Holy cow this stuff rocks. I've been looking for a good brow filler for a while now. I had a very very very bad waxing experience back in the 8th grade, and my brows have never been the same since. I tried growing them out, but there's always these gaps of missing hair. I have dark brown hair, eyebrows and eyelashes. So every brow powder / gel / pencil I tried I always tried in a dark brown shade. Every one of them looked so harsh. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I realized what I was doing wrong. I was watching a YouTube makeup tutorial and she mentioned that women with light hair should go two shades darker with their brows and women with dark hair should go two shades lighter with their brows. I kind of laughed if off, but sure enough when I tested this out at Sephora, it was 100% true. I tried this on in the Brunette color and wore it home. I looked scary to say the least. So I went back a week later, and tried on the taupe. Mind you like I said I have dark, almost black hair and brows. The Taupe color was a light brown with almost a tint of mauvy purple from the picture on the box. I tried this on and instantly fell in love. Not only does the applicator help give a natural application, the formula stays ALL.DAY.LONG. And the gel and brush on the other side is genius. I always found that with any pencil / powder I used, even if it stayed on my eye brow hairs would be all over the place by the end of the day. This product is awesome for any girl on the go. HG status for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by bikinipeach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My all time favourite brow product! The angled pencil makes filling in the gaps very, very easy and the colour is natural and long lasting. I like that the pencil is not too soft, not too waxy, and not powdery or crumbly. I usually stroke it on and then use a cheapo drugstore eyebrow grooming brush just to finish blending and shaping the colour into the brow. I honestly don't use the gel portion that often as it does flake a bit, I've never found a brow gel that didn't, but that doesn't bother me at all. In fact, if I'm really concerned about keeping my brows in order I dab on just a tiny hint of Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm, the kind in the tin, and then run the grooming brush over my brows. Sounds wacky, but it works, I promise!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 7:22:00 AM More reviews by itsthebeautygeek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unbelievable! My eyebrows are pretty nicely shaped, but one of that has a noticeable gap and just has hairs going in different differents.. So when i went to the smashbox counters and got my eyebrows done by Brow Tech To-Go I fell in love. What amazed me was that there was gel on the back, that worked wonders keeping my eyebrow hairs in place the entire day, even when I'm sweating my butt off. (I'M SURE ALL THE REVIEWS WOULD AGREE) Another thing is the eyebrow pencil itself, it's angled to mimick an angle brush and it is DOING WONDERS, my eyebrows look beautiful, people actually commented on how nice my eyebrows are, and where I got them done. So it looks natural, and I can build them up to make it look fierce.

I'm extremely surprised that some of the reviews are really poor. Well if your asian you must try this products. I purchased mine in taupe, I'm in love.

This is my absolute HG product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by TacoFlavoredKisses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE the original Brow Tech from Smashbox, so I had to get my hands on the to-go one... Like others mentioned, the tip is shaped like an angled brow brush, so it can be awkward AT FIRST if you're used to drawing fine, hair-like strokes. After a few uses, you get used to the shape of the tip and become better at manipulating it the way you want for your brows. I love how much more convenient it is than the pot and brush (original). The color is perfect, and can go on light or deeper. I bought this in Taupe since I'm blonde/fair. The gel is OK, doesn't feel sticky, but doesn't hold unruly brow hairs as well as it could. I LOVE this stuff. I'm impressed with how natural looking it is for a brow "pencil" instead of using a brow powder and brush... And yet it's way more convenient. I've used a LOT of brow pencils/products in my days of being brow-less, and this is my favorite so far, hands down.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by dorv

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised by negative comments.....I like this product a lot & have already bought another in case I run out!

I find it convenient to use, the color works perfectly for me, and it looks natural. I agree that the gel has little value & they could do without it. If you're still searching for the perfect brow product, it's worth a try. I have previously used Brow Tech & find this so much more convenient. For me, it's a keeper.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by starrlite77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am really trying to like this product. Maybe I'm doing that because I paid 26 bucks!! They had me sold on QVC so I decided to buy it. This thing is really awkward to use, some days its perfect and some days its not. If I'm not careful it can be too dark. I won't purchase it again but I tell you I will be using it until its gone.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2010 More reviews by SEESHELLS78

I was excited to try this product-hey a brow filler and a grooming gel on the other end seems handy right?
the waxy coloring end is shaped a little strange-it makes for a thick line on the brow. the gel is almost totally useless, it does not hold the hairs in place at all. The last straw was when i removed the cap for the color end and the whole pigment flew out and landed in the bag I had originally purchased it in. The pigment lead is about 1/3 of an inch long. that would last me less than a month. at 26 bux a pop I was not happy. I promptly returned it and got my beloved Lancome Modele Sourcils brow gel. Color AND hold in one shot...why I stray I will never know.