Smashbox Brow Tech To-Go

3.8

on 11/19/2011 11:59:00 AM

I use a variety of brow products, and have always liked Smashbox Brow Tech. It is a bit time-consuming, so I decided to try this, thinking it would be faster and easier.

It's just not as good as the original Brow Tech. I find the pencil too wide to apply color to my rather sparse brows, and the seal doesn't work as well as the wax in the original. I use this sometimes when I'm in a rush, but would not repurchase.

on 10/29/2011 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Not a fan. The shade I got was Taupe, but I suspect that the deficiencies of this product extend to all its colours. The wedge-shaped pencil is awful: hard, crumbly and too thick to manoeuver easily. It also breaks very easily. And there's very little of it. In my case it took only a few applications a before it had all broken off, leaving me with only the gel/spoolie part -- which is okay but no better than any of the brow gels you can pick up for much, much less. Overall, overpriced and badly designed.

on 8/9/2011 4:32:00 AM

I love this browtech pencil. I use it in taupe. The angle helps maneuver around the brow, and you can flip it one way for a wider fill and flip it the long way to finish the tails of your brows. It is really convenient and I actually love the color; I usually use Brows a go-go from Benefit and this browtech pencil leaves my brows a little lighter, so it just depends how I feel that day. It is really convenient as well, and stays on for a whole day at work or night hanging out. Super easy to use. I always keep some little tester mascara wands to use on my brows. They are perfect for blending in the wax/powder mixture or cleaning up anywhere around the brow where you might have gotten wax on the skin. Yay for Browtech to go!

on 7/3/2011 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Sexy brows anyone? With Smashbox Brow Tech To Go, ive found that enhancing and beautifying my brows has never been easier. I got the shade brunette because i have long dark hair, even though the buzz is that their Taupe shade is the most universally used. Has anyone else tried Smashbox's Brow Tech To Go? Did you get Taupe or Brunette? And how did it work out for you? Thanks everyone!

on 6/26/2011 6:28:00 PM

I am not a fan of this product. The pencil itself is very hard and gives off very little colour without extensive force. When I do get more forceful, I am not happy with the colour (too dark due to extra force). The shape is odd - I don't see how the angle helps with application. Still looking for the perfect brow pencil. Won't be buying this again. I would take it back but the staff at my Shoppers Drugmart make it such an ordeal, I can't be bothered.

on 6/20/2011 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This is a good brow filler. I have it in brunette. It lasts all day. One must not be heavy handed and be sure to blend well after applying for a natural look. The gel on the other end is just alright. I prefer to use clear hair gel, which works better for me.

on 3/8/2011 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The pencil is very oddly shaped and large, almost at an angle, making it awkward to fill in your brows because it gives too much pigment. If you sweat too much (I wore it to hot yoga class once) it literally runs above and underneath your brows, giving you a line vertically running through your eyebrows. Doesn't withstand any water or sweat. The gel is nice but it runs out so fast, I was out of it within one week of using once a day. I just refill it with a cheap Garnier hair gel which seems to do the trick. I like the eyebrow brush. Would not repurchase because the pencil compenent is a dealbreaker for me.

on 1/30/2011 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I like the original brow tech a lot so I thought I'd give this a shot in Brunette.

I like the convenience of it, but found it made my brows look harsh and fake. The formula obviously isn't the same as the original - it's like a pen with a bit of coloured wax in a slanted shape sticking out the end.

This might be good if you're filling in your brows in a pinch and don't have time to care much about what they look like, but I much prefer the original wax/powder duo with the smashbox brush - the results are far superior.

This also may work if you have super-skinny brows and like a look with extreme definition.

on 1/19/2011 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Holy cow this stuff rocks. I've been looking for a good brow filler for a while now. I had a very very very bad waxing experience back in the 8th grade, and my brows have never been the same since. I tried growing them out, but there's always these gaps of missing hair. I have dark brown hair, eyebrows and eyelashes. So every brow powder / gel / pencil I tried I always tried in a dark brown shade. Every one of them looked so harsh. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I realized what I was doing wrong. I was watching a YouTube makeup tutorial and she mentioned that women with light hair should go two shades darker with their brows and women with dark hair should go two shades lighter with their brows. I kind of laughed if off, but sure enough when I tested this out at Sephora, it was 100% true. I tried this on in the Brunette color and wore it home. I looked scary to say the least. So I went back a week later, and tried on the taupe. Mind you like I said I have dark, almost black hair and brows. The Taupe color was a light brown with almost a tint of mauvy purple from the picture on the box. I tried this on and instantly fell in love. Not only does the applicator help give a natural application, the formula stays ALL.DAY.LONG. And the gel and brush on the other side is genius. I always found that with any pencil / powder I used, even if it stayed on my eye brow hairs would be all over the place by the end of the day. This product is awesome for any girl on the go. HG status for sure.

on 11/4/2010 3:13:00 PM

My all time favourite brow product! The angled pencil makes filling in the gaps very, very easy and the colour is natural and long lasting. I like that the pencil is not too soft, not too waxy, and not powdery or crumbly. I usually stroke it on and then use a cheapo drugstore eyebrow grooming brush just to finish blending and shaping the colour into the brow. I honestly don't use the gel portion that often as it does flake a bit, I've never found a brow gel that didn't, but that doesn't bother me at all. In fact, if I'm really concerned about keeping my brows in order I dab on just a tiny hint of Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm, the kind in the tin, and then run the grooming brush over my brows. Sounds wacky, but it works, I promise!

Popular Brows Products