Peter Thomas Roth Lashes To Die For The Mascara

3.8

WATER, SORBITAN OLIVATE, COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA WAX), ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) BRAN WAX, STEARIC ACID, VP/VA COPOLYMER, GLYCERIN, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, VP/HEXADECENE COPOLYMER, IRON OXIDES (77491, 77492, 77499), TOCOPHEROL (VITAMIN E), RETINYL PALMITATE (VITAMIN A), ASCORBYL PALMITATE (VITAMIN C), PANTHENOL (PRO VITAMIN B5), CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL, MACADAMIA TERNIFOLIA SEED OIL, SILK POWDER, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, BAMBUSA VULGARIS LEAF/STEM EXTRACT, SORBITOL, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, BIS-PEG/PPG-16/16 PEG/PPG-16/16 DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, PPG-17/IPDI/DMPA COPOLYMER, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, PHENOXYETHANOL, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE.

on 4/14/2011 11:05:00 PM

I've used this mascara for a little while, trying to figure out if I liked it. Well, the verdict is out. It clumps, and if you use more than one coat, it looks like you lashes are coated with clumps. I don't like that look.

It is supposed to help your lashes along with it's nightly partner, Lashes to Die For. But I thought it might work well with Latisse. It's making my new growth of lashes look like they are one thick line of mascara. If I only use one coat, I still get clumps, and have to separate them. it really makes lashes look too thick.

So, I've started using it with a very light hand, and it's still isn't right. Also, I've noticed the brush is flimsy, and looks like it's about to break. I've only had it for 3 weeks. It might have to go back to Sephora's, if I notice the brush becoming any more loose from the wand. Heck, I think Stiletto by Maybeline is better mascara than this. Normally I like PTR products. They really need to fix the brush,and make the formula less thick.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Peter Thomas Roth – Lashes to Die For – The mascara Jet Black
I was very disappointed in this. I purchased this while on the search for a mascara that would condition my lashes as a compliment to the Careprost (generic Lattisse) and conditioning crème liner I use. I’d read pretty good reviews about this so I tried it. Waste.Of.Money. The brush is a bit unique, a thin, rubbery brush with different length bristles (some to lengthen, some to separate). Whatever – any mascara will make your lashes look longer as long as it gets color on the lashes… as far as separation? Read on. Maybe this mascara does do awesome things to condition the lashes… but it looks & applies so bad that I won’t use it long enough to reap any benefits. First application reminded me of lash stiletto. Stick straight lashes – no curl, no volumizing. Just length (and, it really does lengthen – I’ll give it that). Back to the separation … don’t think ‘not so bad’ separation – this separates in that it turns your 40 lashes into clumpy hair spider legs. Plus it leaves little clumps (which is surprising because the formula appears pretty thin considering that you never see clumps on the brush itself). Maybe this would look good when used in conjunction with my metal lash comb, but for a mascara to look THIS BAD without it, is unacceptable. I wanted this to work so bad that I tried in in combination with other products, played around with application, everything. I tried it in 2 coats… 1st attempt (dry between coats); 2nd attempt (don’t let dry between coats)… both ways: spider legs. Tried it over my favorite mascara – instant spider legs. Tried it under a different mascara (honestly, it’s not too bad like this – but also not worth it – why use 2 coats of different mascaras when I can use 2 coats of the same mascara). If you like the dramatic spider leg look – you will love this mascara. Otherwise, leave it alone. I will never buy this again. Ever. Even if it was $1…and it’s not, it’s about $20.

on 3/3/2011 9:42:00 AM

Awesome Mascara. The brush has both long and short bristles making lashes full and non-clumpy as well as lengthy. I have oily/combo skin and this mascara didn't bleed or flake all day! I also have really sensitive skin and usually end up tearing by hour two from most mascara's. No problem at all with this one.

on 2/22/2011 10:51:00 AM

I got this mascara as a free gift when I bought the PTR Gentle Complexion Correction Pads at Nordstrom.

I really like it! I have white-blonde eyelashes. They're a decent thickness and length but have no curve and obviously need a lot of pigment. A few coats of this mascara gave me excellent, defined lashes. One coat isn't enough for me but does look very natural (aside from the fact they're black and black lashes don't look natural on my face).

I tried this over my Lancome Cils Booster XL (white tube) and had the best results I've seen in a very long time. My lashes were very thick, very long, very sexy! No clumping even when I sit there layering on mascara forever and ever. The combination is, dare I say it? Nearly HG material.

I haven't noticed flaking. Someone mentioned that below but I have to disagree. I've worn this all day long for the past three days and have yet to see any fallen bits. It also took some effort to remove the mascara (I had to use actual eye make up remover...as opposed to have it just slip off in the shower with my creamy face cleanser). I expect that means this will hold up in humid months but it's only 14 degrees out today so I won't know for a bit of time!

I gave this 4 lippies, not 5, because I do find I have to use several coats and spend time building up the lashes to obtain the volume. Not a problem when I have time but if I am in a hurry it's hard to achieve the look I like.

on 2/19/2011 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have never heard about this mascara and kind of discovered it myself. First off the formula for this mascara is absolutely amazing....I have pretty much tried every brand of mascara and nothing has made my lashes feel soft almost rubbery. The brush is great to work with because you can choose to use the volumizing or lengthening side where and when you like, so you can really customize it for the look you are going for. This mascara didn't do much for my super straight lashes it doesn't initially seem to hold a curl to well but my lashes are so rubbery soft feeling i can kind of bend my lashes for about 20 seconds to kind of recurl them if i like. This is also a mascara i have no problem curling over since my lashes are so soft ( if i do this then i have no problem with straight lashes). It does seem to be water resistant and is wonderfully easy to remove which is a major plus!
Will definitely be buying again because for an everyday mascara it is HG material..just wish it came in brown instead of just black. : )

on 1/15/2011 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is by and far my HG mascara. I was a religious user of 'great lash' most of my life and I still love that mascara but I am a grown up now and I was looking for something that looked and felt natural. This stuff is amazing! I wouldn't expect it to make your lashes miraculously longer or thicker than they already are.. it's more of a normal mascara. I just can't get over how this feels like natural lashes once applied.. they are soft! I find if I am going sans full makeup regular mascara looks garish. One light coat of this looks like natural lashes.. a few extra coats for a full makeup day and a curl for going out at night. I personally haven't had any flaking issues whatsoever. I think the wand they use is the best option for applying mascara. Use the short stubby portion and wiggle at the base of lashes and twist to the longer nubs as you fan up through your lashes. Works like a charm. The only neg is the price.. it is ridiculous, but I like it so I'll keep buying it.

on 11/26/2010 9:39:00 PM

Oh the glory of PTR... I'm so sorry!!
The only reason why the rating is so low, is because it didn't keep my lashes curled and nor did it lengthen really great. It was really wet feeling, so I suppose that is the treatment that makes it feel like that. I still have faith in this mascara, for those that DON'T have asian lashes. Give this a try, I'm sure it'd be worth it!
But in my case, it is hopeless :(

on 10/3/2010 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is as bad as other mascaras on the market. It flakes.

on 8/27/2010 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Love, love, love this mascara. I have long, feathery lashes so really just looking for volume. I'm a total mascara junky - always looking for one that I can build volume but without clumping. This mascara is AMAZING. It actually has a a comb with short bristles for volume and longer bristles to lengthen. This tiny rubber comb actually grabs the lashes at the root so you can brush with beautiful separation. I usually spend a lot of time combing but there really is no need with this brush. Also, the first coat is super natural and fluttery. Second coat makes your lashes gorgeously long and full- but not drag queen-ish. It's water resistant, non-flakey and NO CLUMPS! No problem washing off - I use a hot washcloth with J&J baby shampoo and it comes off easily. Bought at Sephora for $23 because I needed a new mascara ASAP due to a recent eye infection but heard you can get two for $28 on QVC.

on 8/20/2010 11:42:00 PM

I love this mascara! I am a devotee to Dior Blackout, but this stuff is amazing! It makes my lashes super long and doesn't flake or smudge. It is not hard to remove with makeup remover, yet doesn't smear during a workout. I am so happy I found this product. I swear that I have to adjust my sunglasses to keep my super long PTR lashes from bumping them! And, QVC had a decent price for two tubes.

Top Rated Peter Thomas Roth Products