Extra Virgin Olive Oil Makeup Remover

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/1/2011 9:33:00 PM

I use this every night to take off my eye makeup. Affordable and effective! Especially when bought it bulk, it beats the price of most eye makeup removers.

I have oily skin, but I haven't noticed anything like milia or the such since using it for over 3 years now. I also use this to remove my face makeup. Of course, you will have to rinse and cleanse to get rid of the oily residue but I normally use another cleanser anyways.

Be careful not to get it in your eyes, since it can make your vision blurry.

on 3/31/2011 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this as an eye makeup remover for about 3 years. It has never broken me out or clogged my pores. It can take off any mascara that I've ever worn, and washes off easily with my face wash. Love the price too. I'll never spend big money on a makeup remover again. I just pour some in a travel bottle and squeeze out as much as I need rather than keep the whole big bottle in the bathroom. My HG makeup remover!

on 3/30/2011 7:58:00 AM

I was in need of eye make up remover for first time in my life after buying and using MAC gel eyeliner yesterday...it was NOT budging at all with my normal cleanser. Eek! Panic! I was wondering how I was going to get out to the shops without anyone seeing my grungy loooking eyes - the dark Jacki-O sunglasses were at the ready. Luckily I came across this review whilst searching for which product I was going to buy.

A couple of drops of olive oil on a cotton ball and 2 gentle wipes - all eyeliner gone. Hurrah! Afterwards I wiped along the water line and base of lashes with a cotton bud (cue tip) soaked with water to remove any residue and to avoid any possibility of irritation.

You could also use any other pure base oil such as pure sunflower oil or almond oil, or as another reviewer suggested coconut oil (but NOT the undiluted 'essential oils' - they are meant to be used mixed with other products to dilute them such as a few drops mixed with water as a moisturiser or in a base oil for massage etc).

a FABULOUS natural remedy, and the less bottles on my bathroom shelf (and more money kept in my pocket) the better. If you're into old natural remedies / kitchen remedies, search for home Aveyuredic medicine beauty routines and you'll find loads of great recipes for cleansers, moisturisers etc.... but I would avoid the tumeric scrub for that extra 'glow' unless you have dark / asian skin...

on 1/11/2011 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I only use olive oil to remove my eye make-up when my regular eye make-up remover is unavailable. Yes, it is moisturizing and yes, it is very effective but I don't like the oily residue it leaves. I prefer using my regular eye make-up remover since there is no residue and no rinsing necessary. (And it breaks up the eye make-up just as well.) But since I have olive oil around the house, I do use it for other beauty-related purposes. For salads, for cooking healthy food, for conditioning my make-up brushes, for conditioning my hair (I mix a little with my regular shampoo), and etc. But as a make-up remover, I still prefer using a product specifically designed to remove make-up.

on 11/29/2010 11:56:00 AM

While this softens and works as an anti-dry and quite efficient makeup-remover for non-waterproof makeup, it swollens my eyes (undereyes + eyelids) and stings!! I can't use this for my eyes.

on 11/23/2010 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

STOP BUYING EYE MAKEUP REMOVER. Unless you have serious issues with oil, there is no reason to buy an overpriced product to take off your makeup. No product, high end included, can compare to olive oil in its efficiency. Just drop a little onto a cotton ball, sweep over each eye and you're good to go.

If you use waterproof mascara and find it a hassle to remove, consider your problem solved. With olive oil, you don't have to scrub and dig into your lashes; the product just comes off. I like to apply the olive oil, wipe it away, and then wash my face with a regular cleanser. I will never spend money on makeup remover now that I know I have plenty of it in my kitchen cabinet.

EDIT: Okay, maybe Bifacil comes close. But still, I love using EVOO for everyday.

on 9/21/2010 11:28:00 PM

I love this for make-up removal, as well as to clean/condition my brushes. It removes my incredibly stubborn waterproof mascara quickly and easily, conditions my lashes, and leaves the skin around my eyes feeling soft and moisturized (I do rinse it off after I use it, but I just use water so that a little remains to absorb into my skin and lashes). It's the best eye make-up remover I've found yet!

Also, I used baby shampoo to wash my brushes for the longest time, but I have since switched over to using a mixture of dish washing detergent and extra virgin olive oil (thanks to a video that MichellePhan made on Youtube). My brushes have never been so clean and soft.

It is quite expensive, but I think that it's worth it for a product that works this well and is much more natural and beneficial than other make-up removers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I loved using EVOO to clean my brushes, so it was quite natural that if it could pull the grime out of the bristles it would work on your face as well - since it is a natural product.

I love it. It does the job. EVOO is not cheap, but I did rate it as 'dirt cheap' because it's already in the cabinet.
I still use a makeup pad remover for the first swipe though. I just think it's less messy that way.

on 8/19/2010 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Thank god for the internet! I did a search on how to remove waterproof mascara after purchasing my first tube, and olive oil was a clear and simple choice. I tip the bottle over a cotton pad held over thetop and get plenty for both eyes. I do a quick swipe over my eyes, and then a more vigorous rub, concentrating on the underside of my lashes where the mascara is. I follow with a clean cotton pad. Miraculous! All my eye makeup is on the pad, and there is not a trace of anything on or around my eyes. I have tried everything, and this is my HG.

on 6/15/2010 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love removing my eye makeup with EVOO because its cheap, easy and I have very dry skin so this really helps with that (: My HG eye makeup remover (: