September 20, 2014 | 1183 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 7:58:00 AM More reviews by ngd

I was in need of eye make up remover for first time in my life after buying and using MAC gel eyeliner yesterday...it was NOT budging at all with my normal cleanser. Eek! Panic! I was wondering how I was going to get out to the shops without anyone seeing my grungy loooking eyes - the dark Jacki-O sunglasses were at the ready. Luckily I came across this review whilst searching for which product I was going to buy.

A couple of drops of olive oil on a cotton ball and 2 gentle wipes - all eyeliner gone. Hurrah! Afterwards I wiped along the water line and base of lashes with a cotton bud (cue tip) soaked with water to remove any residue and to avoid any possibility of irritation.

You could also use any other pure base oil such as pure sunflower oil or almond oil, or as another reviewer suggested coconut oil (but NOT the undiluted 'essential oils' - they are meant to be used mixed with other products to dilute them such as a few drops mixed with water as a moisturiser or in a base oil for massage etc).

a FABULOUS natural remedy, and the less bottles on my bathroom shelf (and more money kept in my pocket) the better. If you're into old natural remedies / kitchen remedies, search for home Aveyuredic medicine beauty routines and you'll find loads of great recipes for cleansers, moisturisers etc.... but I would avoid the tumeric scrub for that extra 'glow' unless you have dark / asian skin...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by butterbelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I only use olive oil to remove my eye make-up when my regular eye make-up remover is unavailable. Yes, it is moisturizing and yes, it is very effective but I don't like the oily residue it leaves. I prefer using my regular eye make-up remover since there is no residue and no rinsing necessary. (And it breaks up the eye make-up just as well.) But since I have olive oil around the house, I do use it for other beauty-related purposes. For salads, for cooking healthy food, for conditioning my make-up brushes, for conditioning my hair (I mix a little with my regular shampoo), and etc. But as a make-up remover, I still prefer using a product specifically designed to remove make-up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While this softens and works as an anti-dry and quite efficient makeup-remover for non-waterproof makeup, it swollens my eyes (undereyes + eyelids) and stings!! I can't use this for my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

STOP BUYING EYE MAKEUP REMOVER. Unless you have serious issues with oil, there is no reason to buy an overpriced product to take off your makeup. No product, high end included, can compare to olive oil in its efficiency. Just drop a little onto a cotton ball, sweep over each eye and you're good to go.

If you use waterproof mascara and find it a hassle to remove, consider your problem solved. With olive oil, you don't have to scrub and dig into your lashes; the product just comes off. I like to apply the olive oil, wipe it away, and then wash my face with a regular cleanser. I will never spend money on makeup remover now that I know I have plenty of it in my kitchen cabinet.

EDIT: Okay, maybe Bifacil comes close. But still, I love using EVOO for everyday.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by megathon

I love this for make-up removal, as well as to clean/condition my brushes. It removes my incredibly stubborn waterproof mascara quickly and easily, conditions my lashes, and leaves the skin around my eyes feeling soft and moisturized (I do rinse it off after I use it, but I just use water so that a little remains to absorb into my skin and lashes). It's the best eye make-up remover I've found yet!

Also, I used baby shampoo to wash my brushes for the longest time, but I have since switched over to using a mixture of dish washing detergent and extra virgin olive oil (thanks to a video that MichellePhan made on Youtube). My brushes have never been so clean and soft.

It is quite expensive, but I think that it's worth it for a product that works this well and is much more natural and beneficial than other make-up removers.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by MadamWilliams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved using EVOO to clean my brushes, so it was quite natural that if it could pull the grime out of the bristles it would work on your face as well - since it is a natural product.

I love it. It does the job. EVOO is not cheap, but I did rate it as 'dirt cheap' because it's already in the cabinet.
I still use a makeup pad remover for the first swipe though. I just think it's less messy that way.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by washati

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thank god for the internet! I did a search on how to remove waterproof mascara after purchasing my first tube, and olive oil was a clear and simple choice. I tip the bottle over a cotton pad held over thetop and get plenty for both eyes. I do a quick swipe over my eyes, and then a more vigorous rub, concentrating on the underside of my lashes where the mascara is. I follow with a clean cotton pad. Miraculous! All my eye makeup is on the pad, and there is not a trace of anything on or around my eyes. I have tried everything, and this is my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Sissy246

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love removing my eye makeup with EVOO because its cheap, easy and I have very dry skin so this really helps with that (: My HG eye makeup remover (:

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

Honestly, I could not believe that this product wasn't already on MUA. Although I don't totally love this product, I know many who do, and it's very inexpensive and worth it. Bad for sensitive eyes though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Autumn13

Since rediscovering makeup, I've found that it does burn a hole in your pocket so I try to find alternatives that are not only good for your skin but also ingredients more than likely to be on cupboard. So, after trying several make up removers and costing me money that I would have like to save for something I could splurge on. So, after a couple of days of searching the net, I came across a lot information about EVOO as a makeup remover. Many suggested to add water, which I do. But, I also included Jojoba oil and one capsule of Vit E. I enjoy wearing makeup but once I get home, the first thing I do is settle my son down and run to the bathroom and take my make up off. With this concoction, I can take my makeup off, prepare dinner and do something good for my skin until my son has been fed, bathe, and off to bed so that I can take care of my skin. This takes care of my face and eye makeup without the stinging. I make enough for a week so that it's always fresh.