December 19, 2014 | 1161 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Pop Beauty - Face Magnet Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by jess2001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product just didn't work for my skin, even though its oil free and says it keeps your skin matte, my skin felt even more oily through out the day. It made me break out a couple days later. I wanted this primer to work for me because it feels great on the skin=( Oh well, just gonna go back to smashbox photofinish primer. Good packaging and has good ingredients but not for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Cellardoor367

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am REALLY impressed with this primer! I got a sample long enough to last me a week so I could see how it performed at work/school/gym etc before I bought it because it is really expensive. I do not mean to sound dramatic, but this is the best primer I have ever used.

That being said- I know what I like- and did my homework before trying this. I hate most primers that have that generic "silky" feeling,( like the only ingredient is Dimethicone. )

I was attracted to this one because on my hand it looked and felt a lot like Elmer's Glue! It makes my skin feel very very soft and it certainly improves the look of foundation. My foundation spreads more evenly and it gives my skin tone a glow.

So far it has beat my old primers as far as staying power! And I can see subtle changes from the firming ingredients. I would most certainly buy it again even thought its a little too expensive.

***Ladies with oily skin- I use a light weight moisturizer. If your moisturizer is heavier this may be too thick for you. I am not sure because mine is very light. It is certainly not the heaviest primer I have used, but its something to think about before applying. With my current routine, my make up looks the same at night as it did when I applied it in the morning. (It seems to control the oil very well)

*EDIT*

I have used this a few times and I actually received a few compliments at work- coworkers said my face looks thinner and my wrinkles are less noticeable. I am absolutely planning on buying this asap!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by rockangel04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

To be honest this was a little of a let down for me. I tried this several different ways, with and w/o moisturizer, liquid or powder foundations and it really just didn't do what I needed it to do. I'm looking for a primer that can minimize the appearance of my pores and control oil, this really doesn't do either for me. It does, however, hold makeup on all day and make the application smooth, especially for powder foundation. It does have an "off" smell but if this worked for me I could deal with it. I wish it would have been the perfect primer for me but as of now I'm still searching....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by jamieguerrero

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I researched this product before I got it and really couldn't find any bad reviews so I got it and I really like it. My make up looks so much better and it helps hide my pores I use pur make up and I look flawless with this primer

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2011 3:33:00 AM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So i got this because the wonderful reviews and i had never used a primer before but always wanted to because my most of the time oily skin. i do really like it, it doesn't seem to be making me break out (any more than i usually do) i still get tab bit oily from time to time... but not nearly as much as i did before. i have fallen asleep for a little with this on and when i woke up to wash my face my face looked like i just put my makeup on. it did not smudge at all. so anywho i do like it... i cant compair it to anything else because i havent used any other primer but this seems to be working well. BUT lets see how it holds up in hot cali weather this summer.....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 7:55:00 AM More reviews by clay2626

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and have tried numerous primers from expensive ones (La Mer, CDP, La Prairie to MAC, Yves, etc) none of them have helped with keeping my makeup on as this one has. I read the reviews here on MUA and went to Ulta to buy it and I am so glad I did. I can actually wear foundations that use to slide right off my face by noon. I live in a hot, humid area and this is hands down the best primer I have come across.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by molago

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with all the positive reviews. This is a fabulous primer. I have tied many over the years from L'Oreal at 10 bucks to Oclipse at $65 and this is by far the best. It doesn't cause breakouts, it isn't drying or greasy, it applies nicely and feels incredibly soft. It's exactly what a primer should be and more.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by lollyad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hands down the best primer I have ever used! I have told all my friends about it as a must have product. It works wonderfully!!! No break outs and my skin gets better each day that I use it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by harls321

I am a primer junkie and have tried a lot of HE primers and this one is my favorite! It blends in easily and dries down to a matte finish. Goes great with their tinted moisturizer. I even used this under my mmu and it works nicely too. Doesn't feel heavy, greasy or silicone-y. Would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by zxyuroo

This primer is fantastic! I've been dealing with very oily skin for years and haven't found anything that comes close to keeping it at bay like this does (Exuviance, Smashbox, Laura Geller, Boots, Murad... the list goes on). And the fact that is doesn't mess with my complexion is a huge plus. For the amt of product you get the price is totally worth it.