July 28, 2014 | 1977 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by DcPrpro

For the low cost, this cleanser delivers a great cleaning for my skin. I use a cleansing towelette to take off my make up first, but I've also used just the cleanser and it really works.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by eve1206

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was actually excited to start this product. I have oily skin and this sounded like the perfect cleanser. I tried it on at night, next morning my face was super dry and itchy!! Tried it one more time and it got worse! Not buying again.... :(
(I've started aveeno ultra calming foaming cleanser, and I love it)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Icantrememberallmyaliases

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love how this removes all of my makeup while leaving my skin soft and smooth. Because the cleanser doesn't have oil or alcohol added, my skin remains balanced.

The cleanser comes in gel form, and lathers into soft foam. It does have a faint scent, but nothing obtrusive or noticeable; it smells like Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo, but much lighter.

This retails for under $5 at Target, and I can see myself continuously repurchasing this unless my skin changes drastically.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by shellstah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Even though it says for combo/oily skin, I decided to try it because I couldn't find my other cleanser and it was the only one in the washroom. It's an orange gel that's slightly on the thick side and lathers up quite well. I find that it removes my makeup (even waterproof) quite decently. My skin does feel a little tight but I always tone and moisturize after I wash my face so I don't find it too much of a problem. I would definitely repurchase this again more so because it can remove my makeup effectively.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by payjark

I like this. It dries my skin a bit but for my oily ass summer skin its perfect. I use it after an exfoliant and it makes my skin so nice and unclogged

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by hannahjoleee

This is the only cleanser I have ever used that has gotten rid of the clogged pores on my nose. After two days all of the tiny black dots were completely gone. It isn't too harsh or drying either. And it smells like baby soap!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This was the first acne cleanser that I bought, when my acne started at age of 13. I used it a few times a day for almost a year because I didn't know any better. This is a very strong cleanser and really tends to strip off moisture. My face became so dry that even my dad commented that I should stop using it. Nevertheless, I don't want to label this as worthless because it might still work if used sparingly or used on the body acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by somedancer125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had seen this cleanser in the drugstores' for years, but I did not think it would work for my skin, however, this cleanser has worked amazingly well. I decided to give this product a chance during my college mid-terms, when my skin was breaking out due to stress, within two weeks I noticed difference in the look and feel of my skin: dark marks from past blemishes were lighter, my skin was brighter/softer, and I had very few blemishes (even during "that time of the month"). I have been using this product for five months and have only had very few break outs since. I would highly recommend this product. The one con, in my opinion, is the cleanser does not remove non-waterproof formulas of mascara very well, but it's nothing an eye makeup remover can't fix.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by wktse1

I love this product. This is the best cleanser for oily and acne prone skin. I used this to clear my body acnes, and keep my face without further acne breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by jaclyngravesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cleanser made my skin worse than before. I was looking for a "deep clean" cleanser.. Yes, it did tighten my pores, but this is one of those cleansers that you NEED to moisturize right afterwards... It is definetly drying on the skin.

I used almost a half a bottle of this stuff... I used it 1-2x a day, in the shower. Every single morning, I woke up with at least one whitehead, and after a couple of days, I noticed the whole lower part of my face (cheeks/chin area) was exploding... between the inflammation, and scarring from pimples. I decided to stop using this product since it was the only new thing that I had bought, and surely enough, my skin wasn't breaking out daily anymore. This was about 2 weeks ago, and I still have the marks from the inflamation.

I have had acne prone skin in the past, and I do get the occasional breakout, but have not experienced anything like this in 2 years.I have used other Neutrogena cleansers in the past and never had a problem with them. This one....Worst cleanser ever. I am now afraid to try anything Neutrogena again.