April 16, 2014 | 1724 users online

Conditioner - Dove - Daily Treatment Conditioner, Intensive Repair

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a generously sized free sample tube of this through Dove's page on Facebook. I used it today for the first time. It smells amazing (like cherry Jell-O). It did leave my hair pretty soft and shiney but I find that many regular conditioners do this as well, so I don't think it's anything really spectacular, aside from the fragrance. I'm not sure how much a full sized tube costs, but if it's much more than regular conditioner, I wouldn't bother buying it just because I didn't find it did anything really amazing for my hair. Perhaps if my hair was damaged to begin with, I'd notice more of a difference, but my hair's pretty resilient and silky already. Nice product overall though.
Update: I find that this can leave my roots a bit greasy-looking sometimes (something that doesn't normally happen to my hair), so I now only apply it to my ends after applying my regular TRESemme conditioner all over. I find that my layered ends tend to naturally lay a bit nicer after using this on them in conjunction with my regular conditioner, probably just due to the extra moisture. I still wouldn't likely purchase a full sized tube though, as I don't feel I need it and I imagine it's more costly than regular conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

I think this is a superb drugstore hair conditioner. I have very thick, wavy, rather unmanageable hair. My hair gets all tangled up (even with daily brushing) after 3 days (for reference my hair length is below my waist). Most conditioners make it easier for me to brush my hair, but not all of them are able to allow me to untangle my hair easily. After I use this conditioner, I have no trouble to untangle my messy hair. This is almost as good as using a hair mask. It is cheap and effective. It also has a pleasant but not overwhelming scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this conditioner. I have pretty fine hair, so I only put conditioner through the ends, and this has really improved the condition of my hair. I notice it's shinier and more manageable, and much softer. It also doesn't weigh my hair down or make it stringy/greasy. easily the best drugstore conditioner i've tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by laurxrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a feeling this will end up being a holy grail product for me. I came home from college not having a haircut since before the semester began meaning my hair was quite dry, full of split ends and extremely unruly. I saw that Dove haircare was on sale for 2/6USD. I searched the reviews and Intensive Repair sounded pretty good. The first time I used it I left it on for about two minutes considering the state of my hair. The results were fantastic. I didn't need to use a detangler after my shower. I could run my fingers through my hair easily. My hair was a lot smoother. I used the same hair products as always and I noticed it dried with less frizz or unruly-ness. I have been using this everyday since I got it about two weeks ago. I don't leave it on for a minute. I use it as you would a regular conditioner. Its amazing. Its keeping my hair in excellent condition ( I have since gotten a hair cut) The smell is great. I love tube packaging as opposed to hard plastic bottles. A downside is that it is a little difficult to rinse out. You really have to let the water run over your hair for a while or else your hair looks really greasy. This is definitely not for everyone! I have long, medium brown, medium thickness wavy hair. I have to wash my hair everyday(athlete) and the winter destroys hair hair along with the fact that I can't get haircuts too frequently So I need something that will really condition my hair. If you're in a similar situation, then I'd highly recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by xxdelyxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really hoped this product would repair any damage in my hair before the cold winter but was dissapointed with the results. My hair looked duller and wasnt as soft. Dont think it did anything really and was a waste of money and time.I used conditioner along with a different shampoo so maybe using the too together would help...doubt it though .

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by maiw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I just recently began using this product and I like it so far. My hair feels so smooth, which surpised me for a drugstore brand, and it smells great. This product comes in an easy-to-use tube packaging and it was easy to wash it out of my hair. My only concern is after reading the other reviews, I noticed many people saying that this stops working/causes buildup after some time. I certainly hope not, because I think this is my new go-to conditioner.

Edit: After finding out that Dove/Unilever conducts animal testing, I will not be repurchasing. What a shame :(

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by whenuwakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a full bottle after using 2 sample bottles(30ml each) for about 2 weeks.
I got them at a movie theatre when SATC II was playing.
The samples were awesome. My hair felt nourished within a min or two. Scent in my hair never faded. My hair actually felt stronger after about 4 uses.
So I bought a full bottle.

WHAT A HUGE F.. DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

Scent is not the same & faint, smell disappears a little after,
It isn't nearly as moisturizing as the samples I used,
Just another BLEH conditioner.
I swear I bought the same thing!!!!!!!! I checked over and over again! Will not repurchase. Do NOT be fooled by the samples if you used them and decided to buy a full product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by moonchopin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually paid for this product. I normally go all organic or expensive when it comes to conditioners. I left major drugstore brands after I realized that Pantene and Loreal were responsible for leaving me with heavy hard silicone hair that always had great slip in the shower but blech dry hair outside. I have fine-medium, dry and abundant hair. I am impressed with the product. Does not weigh hair down and moisturizers. I am a product junkie. The best I can say is that it will go in my conditioner rotation for tried and true.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by boadicea23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a big fan of Dove products so when the BzzCampaign came up for a Dove products I was pretty excited to be a BzzAgent. My hair is in a state of flux. I recently had a baby and during pregnancy, my hair was glorious. But naturally, that ended a few weeks after the baby came. When I'm not pregnant, I have very fine hair that requires light conditioning for detangling. Too heavy of a conditioner makes it greasy. I don't have that problem with this conditioner. What I like about this product is that it quickly conditions my hair. I don't have to leave it on very long to get results. I only use it a few times a week and it's great when I'm in a hurry. I love the smell of Dove products as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by cafebunni

Love it! At first since I think of Dove more as a soap and body wash brand I didn't think this would be that great. Wrong. It makes my thick hair so soft and healthy looking in one try! Recomend to anyone.