November 24, 2014 | 936 users online

Conditioner - Dove - Daily Treatment Conditioner, Intensive Repair

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2011 4:52:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is, by far, my favorite conditioner. Ever since I started using it about a year ago, the condition of my hair has dramatically improved. I get my hair trimmed every three months and this seems to prevent breakage in between trims. My hair is soft and managable, and when used with my favorite shampoo I never have a bad hair day. The scent is fresh and clean and lingers throughout the day. Will repurchase forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by KeeleySiobhan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the very few conditioners I will ever use an entire bottle of. Usually I use a conditioner for about a month or two before realizing that I don't like them and throwing them away, but I absolutely love this one. I mix it with whatever conditioner I'm trying out and get the best results. I'm trying to grow out my hair and I'm sure this is one of the reasons I've had so few split ends.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by ktk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy Grail. Have been using for over a month(just a dime-size dab at a time on the ends) and my hair seems thicker and in better condition. It curls nicely, isn't weighed down, and I'm not breaking out anywhere from silicones (although this product does have dimethicone). I don't know if it's the lactic acid (which my hair loves) or what. This conditioner has both mineral oil and petrolatum in it, go figure- and my fine, thin hair has never looked better. It's a mystery! At least it doesn't have parabens! I can wholeheartedy recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by sexyann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the bottle that has the triangle at the top left saying 95% less breakage. I was really excited to try this product after reading reviews here as well as watching people on youtube rave about how it helped them grow out their damaged hair.

I have been using the shampoo and conditioner for over a week now. I really liked the conditioner at first. It has a very nice consistency. Now, however, I don't know if I like it or not because I don't know if it's just the shampoo that has been doing bad things to my hair or the combination of both. I have been using both the shampoo an conditioner together and although my hair has more shine, my hair is in worse condition since using this shampoo and conditioner. This product claims to help stop breakage, don't believe it; my hair is not only still breaking off, ENTIRE STRANDS OF HAIR ARE COMING OUT ALL THE TIME since using this. Not good! Also, after letting my hair air dry, I noticed that my hair looked slightly greasy.

For reference, I have an oily scalp and dry hair. I think I'll hang on to the conditioner and use it every once in a while but the shampoo is going in the trash. I have a feeling that my hair is coming out because it is not getting clean enough at the root.

Update: It was the shampoo that was no good for me. 'm still using the conditioner. I really like what it does for my damaged hair. After using the conditioner (with a different shampoo), my hair is more soft, shinny, and generally happier when I let it air dry.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I received a generously sized free sample tube of this through Dove's page on Facebook. I used it today for the first time. It smells amazing (like cherry Jell-O). It did leave my hair pretty soft and shiney but I find that many regular conditioners do this as well, so I don't think it's anything really spectacular, aside from the fragrance. I'm not sure how much a full sized tube costs, but if it's much more than regular conditioner, I wouldn't bother buying it just because I didn't find it did anything really amazing for my hair. Perhaps if my hair was damaged to begin with, I'd notice more of a difference, but my hair's pretty resilient and silky already. Nice product overall though.
Update: I find that this can leave my roots a bit greasy-looking sometimes (something that doesn't normally happen to my hair), so I now only apply it to my ends after applying my regular TRESemme conditioner all over. I find that my layered ends tend to naturally lay a bit nicer after using this on them in conjunction with my regular conditioner, probably just due to the extra moisture. I still wouldn't likely purchase a full sized tube though, as I don't feel I need it and I imagine it's more costly than regular conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

I think this is a superb drugstore hair conditioner. I have very thick, wavy, rather unmanageable hair. My hair gets all tangled up (even with daily brushing) after 3 days (for reference my hair length is below my waist). Most conditioners make it easier for me to brush my hair, but not all of them are able to allow me to untangle my hair easily. After I use this conditioner, I have no trouble to untangle my messy hair. This is almost as good as using a hair mask. It is cheap and effective. It also has a pleasant but not overwhelming scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this conditioner. I have pretty fine hair, so I only put conditioner through the ends, and this has really improved the condition of my hair. I notice it's shinier and more manageable, and much softer. It also doesn't weigh my hair down or make it stringy/greasy. easily the best drugstore conditioner i've tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by laurxrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a feeling this will end up being a holy grail product for me. I came home from college not having a haircut since before the semester began meaning my hair was quite dry, full of split ends and extremely unruly. I saw that Dove haircare was on sale for 2/6USD. I searched the reviews and Intensive Repair sounded pretty good. The first time I used it I left it on for about two minutes considering the state of my hair. The results were fantastic. I didn't need to use a detangler after my shower. I could run my fingers through my hair easily. My hair was a lot smoother. I used the same hair products as always and I noticed it dried with less frizz or unruly-ness. I have been using this everyday since I got it about two weeks ago. I don't leave it on for a minute. I use it as you would a regular conditioner. Its amazing. Its keeping my hair in excellent condition ( I have since gotten a hair cut) The smell is great. I love tube packaging as opposed to hard plastic bottles. A downside is that it is a little difficult to rinse out. You really have to let the water run over your hair for a while or else your hair looks really greasy. This is definitely not for everyone! I have long, medium brown, medium thickness wavy hair. I have to wash my hair everyday(athlete) and the winter destroys hair hair along with the fact that I can't get haircuts too frequently So I need something that will really condition my hair. If you're in a similar situation, then I'd highly recommend it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by xxdelyxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really hoped this product would repair any damage in my hair before the cold winter but was dissapointed with the results. My hair looked duller and wasnt as soft. Dont think it did anything really and was a waste of money and time.I used conditioner along with a different shampoo so maybe using the too together would help...doubt it though .

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by maiw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I just recently began using this product and I like it so far. My hair feels so smooth, which surpised me for a drugstore brand, and it smells great. This product comes in an easy-to-use tube packaging and it was easy to wash it out of my hair. My only concern is after reading the other reviews, I noticed many people saying that this stops working/causes buildup after some time. I certainly hope not, because I think this is my new go-to conditioner.

Edit: After finding out that Dove/Unilever conducts animal testing, I will not be repurchasing. What a shame :(