September 2, 2014 | 1216 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - ardenbeauty

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2006 10:03:00 AM More reviews by jezebelthorn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ArdenBeauty is what you would call a "pleasant" fragrance. Not jaw droppingly divine in the way Thierry Mugler's Angel is(I'm ducking for cover here as I know many will disagree with me) nor is it striking, unusual, haunting and stunning in the way Guerlain Mitsouko is.
It's not sexy,voluptuos and enveloping the way Agent Provocateur is nor even a bit smokily sexy yet warm and familar the way LouLou by Parfums Cacherel is.
Yet all the same and for all my intense love of "statement" perfumes this is no Britney Spears "Curious or Gucci Rush 2. It doesn't smell of soap and the top note which I believe is the "living rice flower"(is it just me or do they just make this stuff up?)gives it enough of a contrast with the floral/ fresh base to make this perfume far more interesting in a restrained Chanel No19 sort of a way except of course that No19 is a masterpiece in restrained elegance and this one is definately an undergraduate student. A clever talented undergraduate student granted but this scent doesn't rock my world intensely or anything. It doesn't make me love it or hate it with passion. But it does intrigue me a little, arouses my interest way more than most of the generic soapy or fruity smelling clones they are currently churning out of late.
To my mind this one does have a slight oriental kick to it but not in the way of traditional "orientals" if I had to put this one in to a category then I would label it a light marine floriental if that makes any sense at all.
I cannot imagine this one possibly offending anyone.
I got the 50 ml Eau De Parfum spray and while I like it fine the bottle will probably last me for ages so I have to say I probably wouldn't repurchase this one again when it does finally run out as it hasn't bowled me over. The packaging is beautiful though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 12:06:00 PM More reviews by auras

It's not bad, but it's not waw either. Unnoticeable, nothing special.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2006 8:06:00 AM More reviews by nefferttitti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to like this soooooo much!!!! But I donīt know what happend - I donīt like it anymore, it is way to flowery and nothing else than flowery, it brings me headache. I give 4 lippies, just because it is not such a long time when it was my FAVOURITE scent and everyone loved it on me :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2006 8:33:00 PM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

if i want Sunflowers, i'd buy Sunflowers. and this... is ... SUNFLOWERS. the packaging gets a 10--LOVE the bottle. the fragrance itself... well... read my review for Sunflowers. it's like the mean mall girls couldn't quite let go of Sunflowers, but wanted to brag that they don't JUST wear Sunflowers, so they got Sunflowers in a different bottle.i just re-read my review for Sunflowers. LOL! i guess the mean mall girls grew up. :-) continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2005 9:48:00 AM More reviews by mimosa05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This doesn't work for me. It's not floral, just peppery. I don't even know if pepper is a note, but that's all I can smell. I know I have a pretty acidic Ph., maybe that's why. In any case, it's not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2005 12:18:00 PM More reviews by PattyGirl

Love this perfume. Nice floral. Not in your face, but quite noticeable. Cute pink hued glass bottle. Would definitely buy again. Good for fall/early winter. Update: I now hate this perfume...don't know why. Won't be buying again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2005 1:50:00 PM More reviews by HelenVanPattersonPatton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with many of the reviews: Beauty is youthful and sophisticated, stylish, almost innocent, somewhat intoxicating--at first. I purchased a bottle when it was first released. I used it up and tossed the empty bottle, forgetting all about it until now. INGREDIENTS: Living rice flower, italian bergamot, green notes, blue lotus flower, living gingerlily, rubrum lily, golden sunset orchid, sandalwood, white amber, skin sensual musk

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2005 10:39:00 AM More reviews by foxykitty25

Ooohhh i love this one. it smells fresh, feminine, pretty and sweet without being candy-ish. just the kind of scent that i really like. suprizingly cheap, €13.90 for a 30ml eau de parfume so im not sure if this is categorized as high end but who cares? i love it and i can see my self wearing this regularly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2005 3:00:00 AM More reviews by lwhitener

A great scent -- alluring without being "in your face." I really feel sexy when I wear this (and it goes over well with my significant other, too).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2005 8:20:00 PM More reviews by cheezwhiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a deal I got at TJMaxx! $7 for the 1.7 fl. oz Eau de Parum! Having no idea of the scent, I was pleasantly surprised. I agree with some of the scent descriptions below, however, here's my 2 cents: fresh, flowery yet serious but playful, airy. Just the scent I want to smell after brushing my teeth and showering. Woodsy but not overdone. Youthful yet stylishly mature. I can't describe scents as eloquently as some on the fragrance board, but, I hope I've given you a good visual. After all, aren't scents also a visual experience?