December 19, 2014 | 825 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by bamberson

What a fantastic foundation brush! This brush works well with everything from thicker BB creams, to runny liquid foundations. This brush is easy to use and results in a beautiful, natural, and complete coverage. I've had it for about 7 months and have washed it a couple of times and the brush is still as soft as it was when I first purchased it. The one down side with this brush is that in the past few months it has started to shed quite a bit. Perhaps it is a result of the way I am washing it but either way the shedding isn't bad enough to stop me from using it. I wasn't used to dishing out over $20 for just one single makeup brush but it is definitely worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by nienoona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Best foundation brush by far.
Compared it with my real technique expert brush and elf powder brush which are uncomparable with this.
It gives flawless face, easy to use. I have washed this brush many times but still as good and soft as new.
It ia a bit pricey for me, if it is broken I might repuchased, but might not buy the other kabuki type such as f86 or f88 since it is a bit expensive for a brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Vzcious

And I used since I was going out. IT GIVES THE MOST FLAWLESS FINISH. From every angle. I stipple then blend, then stipple for the final touch all over. I couldn't even get this good results just by using my fingers. And on that same day a lady commented I have such beautiful complexion. Plus the bristles are extremely soft, and very dense. SO YES. This is worth investing!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Rachb86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this Kabuki brush!

I like to wear my foundations with medium/full coverage & like to build up the coverage rather than just cake it on.
This brush is great for liquid foundation application & works really well for buffing, blending and building up coverage. It really helps to achieve a flawless finish.

This is an essential for my makeup kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by MissMoorman

For only $21, you really can't beat this price. This brush is amazing! It buffs on my foundation very naturally and easily. I get so much more out of my foundation using this brush. When I first bought this brush, I had a hard time cleaning it, but I use shampoo to clean it now and that seems to do the trick. It usually only takes overnight to dry (somewhere between 8-10 hours) and still hasn't become stained, unlike my Beauty Blender. All in all, this brush is wonderful and definitely the best foundation tool I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by nicoleisabel

I like, used to love, this brush. It makes applying liquid foundation very easy, whether you use it in a buffing motion or in a stippling motion. It's a pretty good price considering how beautifully it applies foundation.

However, this brush is evil when it comes to washing it. I wash it probably once every two weeks, depending on how much I've used it. The F80 takes FOREVER to dry (up to two days for it to be completely dry). And, after months of using, washing, and drying this brush, it started to shed today while I was washing it.

Bottom line: I like this brush but I hate washing/drying it. I would repurchase this brush, and actually plan to because it started shedding. Hopefully, it's just a bad brush and that the next one won't shed as much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Tabatta

I got this brush recently and since then I've been using it every morning to apply my foundation. First it's super soft, and it really applies the product seamlessly. I use it to buff the product into my skin, then I do some circular motions to make sure that everything is well blended, and it just gives the perfect finish. It's made of synthetic bristles so it doesn't hold your product.
The only thing is it's so dense that it takes quite a long time to dry, but if you use a brush guard or the dry'n'shape by Sigma, it's ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 3:42:00 AM More reviews by carlablack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Don't get fooled by the reviews here, cause THIS BRUSH IS JUST AS GOOD FOR LOOSE POWDER FOUNDATION :))

I don't understand why people only talk about applying liquid & cream foundation with this brush when it works amazingly awesome buffing mineral powder into the skin. It gave such an amazing finish to the skin, my mineral foundation works x100000 better now :) I actually bought it for this purpose only cause i don't use liquid on a daily basis. And I'm glad i did, even on my nose (my most problematic area) it looks like second skin. No matter how much product you apply it never looked chalky.

Its size is also perfect for small faces like mine, it might not be usable for bigger faces though, would take longer time. The brush is actually smaller than i imagined.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 1:41:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Say hello to my holy grail foundation brush! Nothing will ever compare to Sigma's Synthetic Kabuki brushes for me. Prior to purchasing this brush I was using a MAC 187 with my liquid foundation, which worked quite well, but the 187 is nothing compared to this. I love this brush so much! It is so soft, it feels like a dream on my face. The Sigmax bristles are really nice because they feel as soft as real hair, but don't absorb foundation into the brush itself. To apply my foundation, I pick up some on the brush, pat it on to my face, then swirl in circular motions to buff and blend. My foundation looks flawless every single time. Never streaky or patchy, Sigma brushes really live up to their reputation. The price is great, and my brush has never shed even one hair. The only minor thing I could complain about is that the brush is packed so dense (that's what helps to give the airbrushed finish) it can be hard to clean at times. I use solid Blendercleanser and the Sigma Spa Glove to clean it, but it takes a bit of extra work compared to my other brushes. I will definitely repurchase this brush if it ever wears out, and I would reccomend it to anyone who uses liquid foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

A miracle brush. The only brush that makes my Kat Von D Lockit Foundation look flawless on my dry skin. Don't be fooled by any similar ones you see with the same design on amazon/ebay. Trust me I learned my lesson- get the real thing!! A bit pricey but worth it IMO.