April 19, 2014 | 1870 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Mascara with Lash Boosting Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by uncontrolled

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loooove it! Holy Grail material! First mascara EVER that doesn't smudge on me. I've tried several drugstore mascaras, high end mascaras, regular and waterproof formula. I have very oily skin so in less than 2 hours I have smudged mascara. I always have to retouch my makeup through out the day when wearing mascara. The secret is on the primer. I've tried L'oreal Voluminous, and Soft n' Full mascara with this primer and no smudges at all. It also comes off easier when removing. I will definitely buy again and recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Euphoria93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well... I really like this mascara, but it's not HG quality in my opinion. According to LÚreal, this mascara is going to make your lashes longer, stronger and give you volume and length. But did it? I definitely got a length and volume, but it wasn't superdramtic. You apply the white serum, and then you immediately apply the mascara, because if you let the white dry then there will be clumps and fall out, which is not nice at all. But when you have the mascara on then you can build for a while, which I really liked. You get long and volumes lashes minus the clumps, which is kind of rare for a drugstore mascara. And guess what - no smudging throughout the day! Score!

I can't tell if the serum has helped since I have only had this for a week, but I'm a bit sceptic about the fact that a bunch of lab made ingredients is going to bost my lashes length and volume. But even if it wont work on that part, it's still a pretty decent product I would buy again if I stumbled upon it. But like I said: Not HG. I'm still looking for the perfect mascara ;-)

The only sad part is that you can't apply it and run out the door if you're short on time - the serum is defenitely the part that builds up the lashes, and only using the mascara won't give you the desired effect.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

My wimpy Asian straight short lashes did not like this formula, nor did my eyes. The serum provided a decent base which thickened my lashes, the Blackest Black color delivered on pigment and the lengthening was fine, but overall not a dramatic mascara whatsoever. The 1 rating is because I had an allergic reaction to the serum (or the mascara, can't be sure), that led to very tingly lids and itchy eyes the 3 days I tried this mascara. Even without the reaction, it was just ok, but beacuse of it (my first allergic cosmetic reaction ever), I give it a 1 and tossed it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by jasminejones2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

iiii llllooovvveeeee the freaking primer! my lashes look reallllllygood and big and soo long, which i love! im glad i made my grandpa pay for it! Its my HG mascara now! and i was going to save up my money to get a really expensive primer, when i thought i would give this a try first! im so glad i did! i love it so much! the mascara end of the tube its bad either! it delievers! it doesnt clump on me and it leaves my lashes perfectly separated! i love it primer so much, EVERY TIME i finish puttin on my eyemakeup, I CANT STOP LOOKING IN THE MIRROR @ MY LASHES! they make me feel more sexy!:) lol well thats all i have to say about this LOVELY PRODUCT THT U SHUD GET!!!:):):)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Katillac

MY HG MASCARA! I've tried many, many, many mascaras over the years and this one tops them all! The makeup consultant at MAC even asked me what mascara I was using because she loved my lashes!!

*HINT*: It works best if you apply the white primer and then IMMEDIATELY apply the black mascara (don't wait for the primer to dry in between). It goes on much smoother and looks great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

Well can't say I'm all that impressed tbh! This does not give me the "va va voom" lashes I was expecting, I used the white side, then applied the black mascara then repeated and nope still average lashes. I'd say my usual Max Factor False Lash Effect does a better job. BUT I'd repurchase only for the fact it's got the lash boostin serum in the white primer part and I'm all for looking after my lashes! I'd probably use is then use my max factor over it for drama!

Ive changed my review to 4/5 from 3/5 as Ive found the best way to get mega lashes!!! Use 2 coats of the primer instead of one, then use the mascara. i sometimes use Max factor false lash effect over this for extra drama!

I do really wish they sold the primer part as a seperate entity!! that would be awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by KrystalEmmaMarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I find this mascara better than the Beauty Tubes version. Maybe it's the whole fiber formula difference between the two, nonetheless, it's a very nice mascara. The serum maybe added a lash or two, but my lashes hardly ever fell out with continued use of this mascara and the separate night Serum L'Oreal sells. For some reason the blue (mascara) side would run out first than the gold (fiber) side.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by vanessa4thewin

I got this in color "black" and not waterproof. For both ends of the mascara, I wished they could have given more product but the product would be oversized and it will be like they are giving 2 mascaras for one price so I understand why. my lashes are short and very thin. Typical Asian lashes.. It provided almost no volume. I wasn't expecting a lot anyway since on the packaging it said to give good lengthening. But yes, I like this mascara because it lengthened my lashes more than my other mascaras. The color was very dark. And my lashes were more visible. It gave me a natural eyeliner look without any eyeliner. The serum/white primer is really good. I wish they sold it by itself in full size, then I would definitely repurchase. I did a little test where I applied on one eye, both sides of the mascara and in the other eye, the only black mascara. The results were clear that the white serum thing did a good job of lengthening and going neater lashes. The only downside is that when it got into my inner lash line, it irritated and stung my eyes a bit. I would repurchase but since I never really buy anything more than twice because I'm always on the look for new products, I probably won't repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by shadowlye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome mascara if you have blonde eyelashes and you use dark colors on your eyes. Not subtle but va va voom eyelashes. Do not expect over night results though. This product takes time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by vchik

I've been using this system for about 6 weeks now and I must say I'm very pleased with the results. I credit the results to the serum. I use the serum every night and it has really made my lashes noticably longer. From what I understand in my research, only Latisse will make your lashes grow longer and thicker, all other products on the market merely make your lashes stronger so they don't fall out as quickly. Whatever...this works! I haven't noticed more lashes or thicker lashes, but they are definitely longer. It doesn't matter what mascara I use now, they look longer and because of that, my droopy eyelids aren't as noticable. I look much more bright-eyed, more "awake".
As for the primer, well it seems to make the mascara clump a bit more, but it does make my eyelashes look thicker, thus I only use it for special occasions. The mascara itself is fine, it doesn't flake and doesn't feel too stiff on my lashes.
I will definitely buy the serum again,and again and again. But I'll still keep searching for my HG mascara. I don't think I really need a primer anymore because of the serum.
Buy the serum and give it time, I think you'll be pleased.