Revlon Age Defying Spa Illuminator Pink Light

4.5

*******I believe this is discontined.**********

PROS: A lot cheaper than most highlighters. Soft, very subtle, but still sufficient highlight. Does not make me more oily. Doesn't make my big pores look bigger.

CONS: Still not cheap. Wish they had more range of colors because the lightest one they have, pink light, is too pink for my N15 (leaning to NC) skin. The next lightest one, bare light, is fine, but I wish it were just a bit lighter. Gold light was too dark on me.

USAGE TIPS: The brush, as others have mentioned, just traps and wastes product. (I did as others suggested and pulled out the bristles with pliers....make sure you turn the cap to "off" first!! Then the packaging works fine.)

APPLICATION TIPS: I just apply lightly with fingers and blend quickly.

ALTERNATES: Some say this is a great cheaper dupe for High Beam by Benefit. I personally think High Beam is a bit frostier. The "Bare Light" color is a great dupe for Moon Beam because it is more natural (Moon Beam has a little more iridescence.)

on 12/4/2010 9:41:00 PM

ok, so i bought this product a few days ago, its been on my list for a really long time but i could never afford it because it is 35 AUD. i went with a friend the other daay and it was on sale for 20 bucks which is better so i quickly snatched it.im so gald i did! it is the prettiest highlighter ever! it gives your face this beautiful shimmery pinky glow! i have quite oily skin but it still looks wonderfull. i recommend this to anyone with any skin type!

on 11/20/2010 11:35:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product. I'm not a fan of the packaging, but I don't use the brush that comes with the package. After I'm done with putting on makeup, I dab a small amount on the top of my cheeks and under my brow bone and gently blend it in with a sponge. It brightens up my skin, making me look awake for the morning. It also smells nice.

on 11/16/2010 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been looking for a highlighter for so long and got this in a swap. This is a great highlighter for under the brow but I prefer to use a powder highlighter (MUFE Compact Shine On) for everywhere else. This product is very cost effective and will last a long time hence why I said will not repurchase as I do not think I will ever run out of this!

on 10/30/2010 4:42:00 AM

ooooh my. best shit ever. makes my skin look extraordinarly glowy and bright, when its actually the opposite. just a teeny bit along the top of my cheekbones is all thats need. its perfect to highlight my eyes as well. it doesn't look shimmery, just dewy. love it so much.

on 8/31/2010 3:28:00 PM

I mix this in with my foundation. It gives my face a "glow".

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I really love this high-lighter. It gives my face such a pretty glow...and It makes me look more awake. This Basically IS High-beam, but you get more, it's a little more rosy looking (but when you blend it the rosy-ness of it goes away) and it's way cheaper! What a steal! I love high-beam, and now I found a way cheaper alternative, that does the same thing. I'm really happy with this. I also like how the brush has an off switch... and the packaging doesn't bother me, so I'm going to give it a full 5! ^_^

on 7/2/2010 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Although this highlighter is an opaque pink, its brightening effect comes more so from the liquid component of the product, and the glitter particles incorporated within that. This causes a very sparkly and "wet", dewy look. I was hoping that the pink pigment would help give a more color-associated glow (e.g. whiter cheekbones as opposed to wetter cheekbones...)

This doesn't make my face "brighter" or glowy; it just looks "wetter", like a sweating or an oily look

And it highlights pores, laugh lines, capillaries etc....Definitely not a keeper. This is basically a more expensive way of achieving a sweaty look.

on 6/14/2010 8:01:00 AM

I'm really impressed and happy with this product. It's my first time using a illuminator and I feel like it makes my face look young and healthy. It didnt settle into fine lines and was easy to apply with fingers. I wish the packaging is a pump instead of a brush head. Thats the only downfall.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This stuff is definitely an HG item for me! I'm both anemic and hypothyroid, so I pretty much ALWAYS look tired (because I usually am!) and always have dark circles under my eyes. This product is the only thing I've found that really perks up my face, without doing a full evening-type makeup. I don't usually wear makeup to work, and using concealer under my eyes with no other makeup just looks strange, so I just forgo everything during the day. Now, I just swipe a little of this under my eyes, along my cheekbones, and under my brows, and I'm good to go. It makes me look so much more awake and healthy, but still natural and fresh-faced. And although some folks dislike the brush, it works fine for me, and I like not having to get product all over my fingers. Smells great, feels great, not too expensive. I love it!