November 29, 2014 | 1147 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by 123bbc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Used this product for the first time this weekend. I regularly use Kiehl's products and have had mixed results (eye creams meh, face cleansers good).
Boy, what a reaction. I work up the next day with a face the texture of sandpaper. Tiny, raised bumps covered my cheeks. Some patches were red and lightly inflamed. Just horrible.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by lryreviewer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This was the first Kiehl's product I have ever tried and I was hugely disappointed not only because of the steep price but also because it reeked havoc on my skin! First off, I bought this product because I had heard such great things about it helping acne and scars and overall giving a healthy look to the skin. I bought it and brought it home and used it for the following 4-5 nights as my night time moisturizer/treatment. At first I thought my skin looked great and glowy in the morning. But by day 4 I saw that this product was reacting terribly with my skin! I wish I had realized it sooner because the results were terrible! I got small red bumps all over my T-zone and forehead (where I never have break outs) and some actual pimples on my chin. I could not believe a product could make my skin look so bad! I had never had this bad of a reaction to a product before. I did not get any itchiness from this product, which you would assume would happen if my skin reacted so negatively to it. I think because the concentrate has essential oils and other natural things my skin freaked out. Some people react very poorly to essential oils, especially lavender. Well I guess I learned the hard way that my skin absolutely hates essential oils. I am kind of disappointed because the product had such good hype and I actually liked the smell (many people complain of the scent because of its natural-herb-y scent) and i thought it actually helped me go to sleep faster and have a deeper sleep. But my poor skin :( I am still waiting for it to go back to normal (has only been a week since I stopped using the concentrate so I am not freaking out just yet).

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Dowagr

it's nice to use this when your face is having a bad reaction. Something about it soothes the skin. My skin is generally very oily/acne prone, so I am not so keen to use it when it's in the normal phase. I also get sick of the smell v easily.. so it will probably last a long long time. instead of keeping it in my vanity for many many years until it goes rancid, i use it on my legs. it works wonderfully well as my legs are smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by babycat1973

This is a nice product. It smells nice, it does the job of refreshing my skin while I sleep and it's not slimy like some oils can be. I do wonder if I'm using it correctly though, as you're meant to use a couple of drops, yet I'm having to use 6 or 7 to do my face and neck. I don't have dry skin, but I just seem to soak it up!!

It was a bit disappointing in that it didn't cause a dramatic improvement as it promised, however it is nice and I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by mar559

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this product. I'm tan and have combination skin. I have been using my mia clarisonic nightly and that has been amazing because it allows for my skin to drink in my moisturizer but even so I felt my skin was dehydrated. I've been using this for a couple months and it is an amazing product! It leaves my skin smoothe! I apply a few dots at night and in the morning my skin is radiant. It evens out my skin and helps fade away acne spots. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Zoecash

I've been using this for around 3 weeks now and I'm very happy with the results. I suffer from combination skin, and have the tendency of braking out around my chin, and mouth area. I was cautious about using it at first as it is an oil concentrate and was worried about breaking out more. Personally I haven't any more so than usual and I would say it actually speeds up the healing process of pimples, esp if they can go dry which is a nightmare when applying foundation and concealer! I have quite fair skin and my pimples can sometimes leave little red marks that can take some time to fade, this has worked wonders for the scarring! My skin feels lovely, plump and more even in the mornings. The smell is so soothing and the packaging is easy enough to use

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 7:34:00 AM More reviews by debpeters

I personally feel I get the most use out of this product if I exfoliate my face beforehand. if I don't, it tends to break me out. I only use it about 2 to 3 times a week. On the other days I only use a moisturiser after cleansing and exfoliating. So if your skin is combination to oily, and especially if you are prone to acne, be very careful with this product. It is exactly what it's called, a concentrate. I definitely notice my skin is softer, smoother and more plump and moisturised, and not to mention it smells HEAVENLY. Like a luxurious spa rose scent. so I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by lawtonteacher

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I tried it because I got samples when I ordered other kiehls products. Now I'm hooked and buying a full bottle. I have really dry skin and this made it feel refreshed. My face looked better in the morning. It felt softer.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by celticprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has done nothing. It hasn't even helped with the very fine dryness line on my forehead. It does nothing which a plain anti-ageing moisturiser wouldn't do. I've almost reached the end of the bottle and so have given the product time to work, but after giving it a chance am disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Foxglove08

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells heavenly - a wonderfully soothing, spa-like rose fragrance. I love using as part of my night-time routine. It really helps to lock in moisture and makes my skin look soft and rested in the morning.