August 20, 2014 | 2078 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Foxglove08

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells heavenly - a wonderfully soothing, spa-like rose fragrance. I love using as part of my night-time routine. It really helps to lock in moisture and makes my skin look soft and rested in the morning.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by miffy11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this oil after seeing many raving reviews. However it breaks me out and leaves my skin feeling itchy. It does provide moisture especially for the dry patches on my face. But it breaks me out on my T-zone. For the price of this, I rather invest a little more to get the Estee lauder brown bottle. I will not repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by gordostyle

This product will likely represent my last foray into the world of face oils. I think they are just not for me, as they tend to break me out.

Anyway, I received a sample of this and found the smell very pleasing. In the morning, my skin was nice and soft, but unfortunately it broke me out as all other face oils I've tried have also done.

I would recommend getting a sample before buying this product, just in case face oils don't suit you.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by sashacher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really tried to like this serum as I have noticed an improvement in my skin since using but I will not be repurchasing. I use 2 drops of this every morning before I moisturize and underneath my makeup because I have a big problem with dry skin. I've noticed it helps to reduce hyperpigmentation from past acne to fade faster and it also leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated. On top of dry skin, I also suffer from oily patches (mainly on my T-zone) and this doesn't make my skin oilier at all.. if anything, it helps to reduce the oiliness.

The downside to this product is that I noticed it does occassionally give me whiteheads. If I put this on before I go to bed - as is recommended - I will wake up with either a few white heads or a full blown breakout. It really irritates the skin near my eyes and will leave me with tiny red bumps all over my face which looks like some sort of allergic reaction. It's weird because I don't at all have sensitive skin and I don't usually break out from products easily.

The product is really nice underneath my makeup, makes my skin super soft, and smells great. There is a TON of product in the bottle as well... this could definitely last a year or more! If I wash my face immediately when I get home for the evening, I won't have a problem with irritation. Unfortunately, sometimes I'm out late or I'll forget to wash my face right away, and this leaves me covered in red spots and whiteheads. For that reason, I had to give this serum 3 stars and will not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by loobyl

I started using this about 2 weeks ago and use it every night before my mosturizer. When I put it on I notice that my face feels a bit itchy but thatīs about it as I wake up in the morning with no breakouts or odd spots. Donīt think I would buy it again as I think Estee Lauderīs serum in the brown bottle is a lot better and gives better or faster results even though its double the price. I find serums very hit or miss but am willing to try a variety until I find by holy grail which looks like its going to be the Estee Laudee one.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Adriana2013

I had high expectations after reading the product reviews. It does feel nice having it on your face but I think it is psychological because you make yourself believe that there is a recovery underway. Maybe my experience is incomplete because I used it for 3 weeks and then stopped because I had a huge cystic acne episode. I don't think the acne was a result of this serum. I suspect I must have eaten something. I was skiing in the Alps and perhaps the diet rich in cheese could have caused my acne. But since then I feel a bit apprehensive applying this serum on my face again just in case it did have something to do with the sudden eruption of bad acne because before using this serum my skin was good. It took me 3 months to get rid of the irritated skin. During the 3 weeks I was using I did not see any improvements but this serum made me look into using jojoba oil as an alternative and I must say jojoba oil has been a friend to my skin. I gave it 3 stars because I still think it is not a bad product and with the right skin type it could work well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Sara44

This is a great great over night oil, I've never out of all the night creams and masks seen my skin look so good in the morning, but if your acne prone watch out, it made me break out. Here's hoping they make gel version of this. If I wasn't acne prone it was definitely be on my re purchasing list!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Tiggerbear

I'm getting some hormonal acne around my chin. The oil calms down the redness in about 15 minutes. If an acne starts to begin, I put the oil on the spot right away and most time, the acne goes away. It doesn't seem to moisturize my neck much as the skin there still appears dry. The oil absorbs very quickly into my skin where it needs rehydration. Where it doesn't absorb, the oil gives my skin a wonderul healthy glow. I will keep buying this oil because it calms the redness and absorbs very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by BeFineFilipina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this stuff. Period. Smells like roses you'd pick out of your backyard. I use 3 drops (although I could get away with using 2) and rub my hands together then pat it all over my face and take a deep breath of the aromatherapy it provides before going to bed. I also started using the matching eye cream with this too. Sometimes I alternate this with a retinol serum from Paula's Choice plus aloe vera, or another night time cream that I'm sampling. But as far as my usual routine goes, it's the Midnight oil plus a few pats of the eye cream and that's it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by naicha

I use rosehip oil on a daily basis so I was expecting to love this when I got a sample at Nordstrom. It feels heavenly when you apply it, very light and smooth, and the scent is just DIVINE. In the morning, I would wake up to glowing and baby soft skin, however it broke me out every time I jused it - over the course of the day, I would notice tiny bumps coming in that disappeared when I stopped using the concentrate. I do have sensitive skin so I'm guessing it's the essential oils that were causing the reaction...If your skin is not bothered by that I do suggest you give it a go though! I loved the texture and how soft it made my skin feel. I think it's a great product, but unfortunately it's not for me.