Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer

4.7

Talc Isododecane VP/Hexadecene copolymer MCA Trimethylsiloxysilicate Cyclopentasloxane Disteardmonum hectorite Trihydroxystearin Silica dimethyl silylate Titanium dioxide Sorbitan sesquoleate PEG-40 stearate Beeswax Propylene carbonate Dimethicone Cyclohexasiloxane BHT

on 7/16/2013 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Cheap and works.
Oily lids rejoice!
Wish it came in a better packaging though so I can use up all of the primer.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This stuff is amazing!!!! It's so cheap and it works perfectly. My eyelids are super oily and I don't usually wear eyeshadows. This primer stays on all day and never do I have to worry about others looking at my oily eyelids again whenever I look down.

on 6/25/2013 2:09:00 AM

One of the best primers that I own. Its price is affordable and half the cost of other HE primers [UD, Too faced etc] [in Singapore that is]. I have slightly oily lids and do need a primer if I wanna wear any eyeshadow. This allows my eyeshadow to go on really smoothly and makes them stay put for hours without giving those creasy lines! The only gripe I have would probably be about its packaging. The doe foot applicator is fine but the shape of the bottle is somewhat like the old UD primer potion packaging all over again. At least make the bottle almost straight-down please lol, rather than some odd looking hourglass type shape [what were they thinking] that makes it hard to get all the product unless you cut the bottle open. Overall I definitely recommend this and for the price, you cannot really go wrong.

on 4/22/2013 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The first time I used this, I popped on my eyeshadow and then decided I wanted to put on different colors. Immediately, I grabbed a face wipe and attempted to swipe it off. BUT IT WOULD NOT BUDGE. It had settled that fast due to this primer. It was pretty amazing. I will come off though so don't stress, I used an oil based makeup remover. It also stopped creasing.

on 3/11/2013 10:05:00 AM

Etude never ever breaks me down.. Cheap price and very effective results, especially for their best seller items, BB Cream, Moistfull Collagen Series (love love love the emulsion), Wonder Pore series (freshner <3), and the latest series, Sweet Recipe, is too hard to not purchase it, darnit it's sooo cute.
This is one of their best seller items, of course it's because the product offers a very good and nice result. It defines my eyeshadow's color in such a nice way and it makes my eyeshadow last so long, my longest experience was 14hrs and the color is still good even though it faded a bit. Well but it has a minus thing though, the texture for me after i apply it was just like harsh and very dry, but after i apply my eyeshadow it'd be back to normal and there's no harsh/dry feeling.

on 2/16/2013 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

This is the best eye primer I've used so far. I've used a sample of Urban Decay's primer potion & they both work well but this is so much cheaper & works just as well. I buy this online since there are no Etude House retailers here but it is still well worth my money. I have oily lids & by the end of the day, there isn't any creasing in my eyeshadow and my eyeliner on my top lid is still in place. It is sort of a gel-ish consistency which is easy to blend with your finger/pinky. Highly recommend!

on 2/13/2013 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

UPDATE: Having tried the Urban Decay eye primer, I am back to update my review. For me, this primer still wins. The colour and consistency of both primers are the same. However, the UD one feels abit more creamy and takes longer to dry on my lids. On the other hand, this primer dries quickly on my lids (which I like) and allows me to get on with my make up quickly. To top it off, the UD one costs like 3 x the price of this primer. Proof 10 for the win!

Already thinking about stocking up on this product! It took me ages to find because for some reason just when I wanted to get it, it went oos in all the Etude House outlets in Singapore. After finally trying it, I have to say that my hunt was definitely worth it!

Its a nude colour so it doesn't show up on my lids although I am quite tan. I use my finger to apply it as I think it goes on better when you pat it down yourself rather than rely on the wandstick thing.

Before I got this, I was applying my normal face primer onto my eyelids. Unfortunately my eyeliner would still run most of the time, especially in Singapore's humidity. With this eye primer on, my eyeshadow looks much smoother on my eyelids. The primer ensures that the eyeshadow does not fall into the creases of my eyes and emphasize the creases (not wrinkles!). My eyeliner still runs to my lower eyelid a little but the primer makes the eyeliner on my upper lid look picture perfect for the whole day. After a day out in the humidity during CNY, my eyeliner still looked perfect! Just had to clean up the lower lid a little.

All in all, a good buy at the great price! It wasn't dirt cheap ($12 in SG) but well worth the money.

UPDATE: after using this for about 2 months, I still love the staying power of this primer but there is a downside. Sometimes it flakes on your eyelid (usually on the upper areas like around your eye socket) so you look like your skin is flaking. Using water to try to rub it off doesn't work. What works is using make up remover to wipe the flakey parts away. It doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes. Will continue to use this purely for its great staying power.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Firstly, the instructions say that you should apply with your finger, but the product has quite a decent applicator.

On my dark, highly pigmented oily lids, this went on in quite a light shade. After I applied the shadow, the effect wasn't as dramatic as I hoped it would be.

I can imagine the amount wouldn't last long for a regular eye make-up wearer but for a very occasional make-up wearer, it's fine.

on 1/12/2013 7:14:00 AM

Love love love!!;-) never ever thought eyeshadow and liner could last and look so nice. Definitely Hoarding!!!!!!:-)

on 1/8/2013 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a FANTASTIC primer. I bought it off of eBay because I read such fantastic reviews and the price was a little more than an e.l.f primer and a little less than Palladio.

It blew my expectations out of the water. The other night I swatched some eyeshadows on my arm as a bit of an experiment and they lasted well overnight. I used it under my eyeshadow on a date night in January(using w-n-w color icon in "comfort) and hasn't creased on me at all 8 hours later.

I haven't tried UDPP but I don't think I will ever have to. This is a great price point and great product. I don't think it can be beat.