November 23, 2014 | 2043 users online

Eye Primer - Etude - Proof 10 Eye Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by miranti

Etude never ever breaks me down.. Cheap price and very effective results, especially for their best seller items, BB Cream, Moistfull Collagen Series (love love love the emulsion), Wonder Pore series (freshner <3), and the latest series, Sweet Recipe, is too hard to not purchase it, darnit it's sooo cute.
This is one of their best seller items, of course it's because the product offers a very good and nice result. It defines my eyeshadow's color in such a nice way and it makes my eyeshadow last so long, my longest experience was 14hrs and the color is still good even though it faded a bit. Well but it has a minus thing though, the texture for me after i apply it was just like harsh and very dry, but after i apply my eyeshadow it'd be back to normal and there's no harsh/dry feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by mcruuz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best eye primer I've used so far. I've used a sample of Urban Decay's primer potion & they both work well but this is so much cheaper & works just as well. I buy this online since there are no Etude House retailers here but it is still well worth my money. I have oily lids & by the end of the day, there isn't any creasing in my eyeshadow and my eyeliner on my top lid is still in place. It is sort of a gel-ish consistency which is easy to blend with your finger/pinky. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by mings1911

UPDATE: Having tried the Urban Decay eye primer, I am back to update my review. For me, this primer still wins. The colour and consistency of both primers are the same. However, the UD one feels abit more creamy and takes longer to dry on my lids. On the other hand, this primer dries quickly on my lids (which I like) and allows me to get on with my make up quickly. To top it off, the UD one costs like 3 x the price of this primer. Proof 10 for the win!

Already thinking about stocking up on this product! It took me ages to find because for some reason just when I wanted to get it, it went oos in all the Etude House outlets in Singapore. After finally trying it, I have to say that my hunt was definitely worth it!

Its a nude colour so it doesn't show up on my lids although I am quite tan. I use my finger to apply it as I think it goes on better when you pat it down yourself rather than rely on the wandstick thing.

Before I got this, I was applying my normal face primer onto my eyelids. Unfortunately my eyeliner would still run most of the time, especially in Singapore's humidity. With this eye primer on, my eyeshadow looks much smoother on my eyelids. The primer ensures that the eyeshadow does not fall into the creases of my eyes and emphasize the creases (not wrinkles!). My eyeliner still runs to my lower eyelid a little but the primer makes the eyeliner on my upper lid look picture perfect for the whole day. After a day out in the humidity during CNY, my eyeliner still looked perfect! Just had to clean up the lower lid a little.

All in all, a good buy at the great price! It wasn't dirt cheap ($12 in SG) but well worth the money.

UPDATE: after using this for about 2 months, I still love the staying power of this primer but there is a downside. Sometimes it flakes on your eyelid (usually on the upper areas like around your eye socket) so you look like your skin is flaking. Using water to try to rub it off doesn't work. What works is using make up remover to wipe the flakey parts away. It doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes. Will continue to use this purely for its great staying power.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

Firstly, the instructions say that you should apply with your finger, but the product has quite a decent applicator.

On my dark, highly pigmented oily lids, this went on in quite a light shade. After I applied the shadow, the effect wasn't as dramatic as I hoped it would be.

I can imagine the amount wouldn't last long for a regular eye make-up wearer but for a very occasional make-up wearer, it's fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Ryanne

Love love love!!;-) never ever thought eyeshadow and liner could last and look so nice. Definitely Hoarding!!!!!!:-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Mocksoup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a FANTASTIC primer. I bought it off of eBay because I read such fantastic reviews and the price was a little more than an e.l.f primer and a little less than Palladio.

It blew my expectations out of the water. The other night I swatched some eyeshadows on my arm as a bit of an experiment and they lasted well overnight. I used it under my eyeshadow on a date night in January(using w-n-w color icon in "comfort) and hasn't creased on me at all 8 hours later.

I haven't tried UDPP but I don't think I will ever have to. This is a great price point and great product. I don't think it can be beat.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by turquoise89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is my first eye primer, so i can't compare it to anothers, but i think it works so wonderful, it does help to pop eye shadows and make them stay longer.. more than 12 hours and still there.

cons :
suck packaging (mine is broken, and the top part is too long in my opinion)
dry so fast, and if you can't blend fast enough, it will left you a ridiculous white mark.

overall, for the price, it's really amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Cocose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Love this Primer. Its very cheap. I will definitly repurchase this. My Eyeshadow lasts over 12 hours with this Primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by annnadarko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

for a cheap primer, this one works really really well. holds color for a long time too! i'd keep buying if i don't have budget for urban decay.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this product! I first started using this around 2-3 months ago, and it is my HG eye primer! The price is so fantastic - I bought it off eBay for $6.30 AUD. The packaging is also very cute - a transparent bottle with a long midnight blue cap that allows you to see how much product you use. The product enhanced the colours of my eyeshadow, making them more vibrant and also maintained the colours for many hours. It also increased the longevity of my thick-ish eyeliner (I have monolids) and prevented them from smudging! Sometimes my eyes get slight creases / slightly hooded, and creasing was still non-existent! Anyway, this is a wonderful primer, and it is so cheap. Cannot recommend more than enough - frankly, I don't see why I need to spend an exorbitant amount of money to have a good eye primer, when etude house clearly has made such a great and affordable eye primer!