LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, VP/Eicosene, Copolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG-40, Stearate, Propylene Carbonate , Beeswax (Cera Alba), Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, 77491, 77492).

on 5/10/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This primer works great for me doesn't crease and last. I would definitely buy this again.

on 4/19/2014 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got the sample size with my Lorac Pro palette. I have deep-set eyes & oily lids, so creasing is expected. However, when I apply this with my fingertips, keep my eyes closed until it dries, and then apply shadow, the shadow stays bright & doesn't crease! I've tried so many primers and I wasn't expecting this to work, but it does! And you don't need much product, so the tube will last a long time.

on 4/13/2014 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This product is amazing. I have oily lids and my eyeshadow ALWAYS creases after a few hours. This primer makes my eyeshadow stay on for 12+ hours. Would definitely buy again. I only use a tiny amount.

on 4/6/2014 3:06:00 PM

A great big "boooooo" from Behind the Scenes! I don't like mousey type eye shadow primers because I find they don't create an even eye coverage. I feel this can be said for the Lorac eye shadow primer. BtS didn't hold eyeshadow colour and the colours didn't pop or last as long. I wouldn't buy this again, I didn't even finish the sample.

I got a sample of this with my Unzipped palette and I have absolutely fallen in love. I got the full size in a GREAT value pack at Ulta, so that's waiting on me right now. This creates a great, smooth base for my shadows that isn't TOO tacky and still allows my shadows to blend over my lid. Plus, they stay all day long. I've even fallen asleep in my makeup (SHHH!!) and woken up to it mostly still intact, lol! This is great stuff!

on 3/20/2014 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Not impressed. This primer creates a smooth base, but its ability to enhance the wear and vibrancy of my eyeshadows (both LORAC and non-LORAC) is minimal to useless. My 2 year old tube of Too Faced Shadow Insurance is outperforming this in all categories.

on 3/15/2014 9:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't have much to say about this primer other than IT WORKS. I put my eye makeup on at 6 am and it's still on as fresh as ever at 6 PM. It doesn't budge. I mostly use the Naked palettes, the Lorac pro palette, Clarins, Too Faced, and the Marc Jacobs Lolita palette and I get the same long wear from all my shadow when I use the Lorac behind the scenes primer. I began using it with the sample that comes with the pro palette. That turned me into a believer (and lasted forever) and I just bought a full-sized tube. Sephora made a mistake dropping this brand. I love Lorac and this primer is magic!

on 3/12/2014 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I first received this primer when I purchased the Lorac Pro Palette. This works REALLY well with the lorac pro palette eyeshadows. They never crease when I use this, and eyeshadow looks last all night)

When I use this with Urban Decay naked palettes, it is slightly less effective. Certain shadows tend to slightly crease at the end of a long day. Although it still works very well, I prefer to use UD primer with UD shadows.

If I only had the budget for one primer (between UD and Lorac) I would pick the Lorac primer. It works well with both palettes. (I didn't think the UD primer worked as well with the Lorac shadows, as the Lorac primer worked with UD shadows though)
After experimenting with both primers, I bought the full size Lorac primer. Both are very good.

I would prefer different packaging, not a fan of the squeeze tube. I warm the product in between my fingers before applying to my eye area, otherwise it goes on a little too thick.

on 3/2/2014 5:30:00 PM

Best primer I have ever tried!

on 2/9/2014 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Eyeshadow creases within a few hours. Not a fan.

Top Rated LORAC Products