September 15, 2014 | 1816 users online

Powder - Neutrogena - SkinClearing Mineral Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by yaldak

I bought this after reading lotttttttttts of reviews. I have acne-prone and oily skin and I wanted to buy something with medium coverage and healthy ingredients. I read that those foundation with Bismuth and sometimes Talc are not good for acne-prone skin. So mineral cosmetics sound like a better choice, of course if you are not sensitive to them (because some people are). Among all expensive and inexpensive lines I found Sepohra Collection Mineral Foundation Compact(which is discontinued and is only available online and the new equivalent does not have the same ingredients), Neutrogena Mineral Sheers and SkinClearing as my best choices. I chose Skinclearing as I thought it may be better as it will cure my acne and prevent any further ones with the salicylic acid it has(I'm not sensitive to anti-acne acids as I used them everyday in my Neutrogena oil free Acne wash everyday). I bought it from CVS because of their wonderful guarantee to get the beauty products back(with receipt) if you are unhappy, even if it's opened, I thought I would give it a try. First of all, the sponge (more like a compressed towel) was very awkward and didn't work very well. The coverage was almost sheer (not very bad) and the color (natural ivory) was dark for me. I have a fair-yellowish skin but this made me look tanned and because of the difference of the color and weak coverage, my skin doesn't look the same in everywhere at all. So if you have a light skin (not necessarily fair) make sure to go for the only lightest shade which is Classic Ivory. I'm going to try that shade but this time in the liquid form of the same line to see if that one covers more smoothly and if that doesn't work either, I may buy Mineral Sheers.
Good luck with finding your favorite foundation;)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by ChellBell

I used to buy this product a lot and i never had that many problems with it. it didn't let my face get all greasy by the end of the day if i kept re-applying it, but the coverage could have been better (not as chalky and thin), and i easily found better powders at wayyy better prices!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by chixxiemiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mineral powder for a very long time and i really like it! it keeps my skin matte, and provides good coverage. It feels great on my skin and does not cause break outs or any skin problems. I don't like using concealer or foundation on my face because i have mind acne. instead i apply and regular oil-free acne care moisturizer and then apply this powder over it, and the result looks great!
although on the package it may say that it "clears skin" i really don't believe it actually does, though i wasn't expecting it too. if you want something to clear your skin of acne and other skin problems then use neutrogena's regular skin care products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by hannuh07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i love this product! it keeps my face matte for a good amount of time and give nice color pay off. i find that it is extremly hard for this product to look cakey. that being said, this product does not have amazing coverage, but thats not a problem for me. for some that need more coverage i dont think that this will be for them. i LOVE LOVE LOVE this product and because of the salisilic acid, it really helps control my oily skin. packaging is not the best, but the product speaks for itself. it is a little pricey, in my eyes, for being a drugstore product. i will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by TheBrokenShadowsOfMySoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Worst powder ever. Gives absolutely NO COVERAGE. ZERO. It does not mattify my skin and doesn't control oil either. I didn't notice my skin getting clearer and the packaging is big and horrible. It's pricey, like $10 I wish I would've returned it. There are better powders at the drugstore at a lower price like Maybelline Dream Matte Powder and Rimmel Stay Matte

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by MMDLS

I bought this cuz i needed a powder with golden undertones like my skin and i noticed that these powders were pretty yellow based. Its an ok product. I wish the powder was finer so it isnt as noticable on the face, cuz it seems to me like u can see it a little bit. Ill probably buy it in a darker shade and use it as a contour. I thinks the undetones will make it work. Not using as a face powder anymore :|

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Bgirly34

I started breaking out using my normal makeup routine so it was time for a switch. Changing my foundation was my last change. After researching online I couldnt find a powder foundation that was targeted to acne relief and then I saw this at my local Target on sale for 11.00, so i decided to try it.

I agree with the other posters who say it doesnt provide full coverage, so if you need to cover your acne, I suggest a concealer or do as I do and wet the sponge side and dab it on problem areas first, then go over dry with the puff side .

Also keep in mind that you dont want to use a primer under this because you want the salicyic acid to actually get to your skin and not lay on top of your primer.

So after a few days of wearing this directly over my Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture SPF, my pimples seem to be drying out..so for me it is worth the 11 bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Gwenieeeee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all, the puff this comes with does not work well at all. I reccomend using a brush for this. This product hasn't caused me any breakouts which is nice. It leaves a matte finish which I personally like, but others may not. Overall I would say this is a good product and worth the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by bigblueeyes21

This product actually works! I was presently surprised. Most reviews say they did not like this, but I did. I have Normal-Oily skin, and this reduced all of my zits and blemishes! It also completely matched my skin tone, which is EXTREMELY hard to do since my skin is so pale!
This is NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT EXCESSIVE AMOUNTS OF COVERAGE! I use this because i want a little bit of coverage but not enough to cover my natural skin. I have freckles that dot the bridge of my nose, so i use them as a guideline. If it completely covers my freckles, its too much. This was the perfect amount of coverage for me! I do have to apply this a couple times throughout the day while I'm in school, but that is completely normal.
As for the price, its extremely expensive. I spent around 13 dollars for this...not good. But, on the bright side, it is totally worth it! It is like skin clearing medicine mixed into a nice "healthy glow" type coverage!
Overall, i really like this product! It worked really well and was worth the high price. I will definitely be buying this again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bleh. It's alright. I'm getting sick of companies claiming products will do things that they can't, but that's beside the point. It's a nice powder, but the 12 dollar price tag? I think not. It looks very smooth if applied lightly but if you try to do more layering, such as blotting oily skin as it starts to get oily, it starts to cake up and look funky. I will use it up and maybe try the liquid foundation or concealer from the same line. I gave it a lippy for perfect color match, another for providing a sponge and a mirror, and because I'm nice one more for initially nice appearance.