September 30, 2014 | 1554 users online

Treatments (Face) - Jolen Creme Bleach

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by uglybettttty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm thirteen and I always remember my mom bleaching her upper lip when I was little and I always wanted to do it too. These past few years I've been getting more and more insecure about the hairs on my upper lip. Tonight, I just went for it, and I am sooooo pleased!! Jolen worked extremely well. I just want to remind people that if Jolen starts stinging, take it off immediately! A little tingle is okay, though :D one more thing... THANK YOU JOLEN!! <3

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Imabutt207

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I literally just used it so I will tell you how it works. You rub this creme lotion stuff wherever u dont want hair. My arms r like bigfoots so ya. The stuff smells like crap but live with it. In 24 hrs i will be back with the results!!!
-BeautyisPain

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by mgosewich

HATE IT. Bleached my stomach hairs once, turned out ok...the hair was still a little dark. I tried a tiny bit out on my arm because it's quite dark...IT BLEACHED MY SKIN AND NOT THE HAIR. There is an extremely noticeable difference. Not pleased one bit. I would not use if you have just gotten a suntan...bleached mine off.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

Note, many women over 40 that used this when younger think it caused them upper lip hyperpigmentation. Perhaps, but I am in my early 40s and never used this on my upper lip, never used any bleache there and yet I have the same problem they do. Its most likely simply Melasma, that darkening caused by hormones often happens as we age. Sunscreen above the lip is a must as Melasma will darken with sun exposure. Ladies do a search on the boards and you will see how very common it is and read about possible treatments. Concealing is difficult, more peachy, salmony colors hide ashier darkness better. Now to review! My mother has naturally brown hair but near black brows. As her hair as grayed she lightened it but her brows did not gray much and looked so dark. Every few mos or when she wants, I have used Jolen to not only lighten, but to bring some warmth in their tone to better resemble her hair now and provide an overall softer appearamce. Yes stinky but tolerable. Check often or risk orangey brows. Be careful not to get into eyes. Wash with cleanser not just water.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by rachelicious904

I have very dark hair and eyebrows and there for the few hairs on my top lip are a little darker than I'd like. I just used this for the first time on my top lip and it's amazing. You can't see the hairs any more, looking closely they are so fair and fine. I'm so happy :) I always felt a bit self conscious about those hairs and was embarrassed to go to the salon to get a wax. Besides that, at 4 for a tub and plenty of applications in it this is so much cheaper and longer lasting than waxing. I just mixed it as directed in the instructions and left on for 10 minutes. Definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Cinnamon1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never reviewed this?!? I haven't been without this product for at least the last 10 years. No telling how many times I've rebought it.

I'm very fair, with dyed light auburn hair and brows that are darker than I'd like. A couple of minutes with this on takes them down just a shade or two.

Like others have said, if you still want your brows to be brown, there's a short window before they turn orange. My tips are:

1. Apply and check the color every 30 seconds or so until you know exactly the time you need. I think of it like searing a steak. One minute too long is... well, one minute too long.

2. Use a lot of product. At first, I didn't apply enough, so some of my brow hairs would stick out and not be covered, giving me weird, two-tone brows. I measure out 1/4 tsp of powder and 1/2 tsp of cream with my kitchen measuring spoons, and that's a good amount for both of my brows. I make sure I can't see ANY hairs sticking out of the bleaching cream.

3. Wash your brows after you remove the bleaching cream. Wash them with cleanser--a quick rinse with water isn't enough. I've accidentally left small amounts of bleach on my brows before and ended up with overbleaching and irritated skin.

Love! Wouldn't be without this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by laluna82

This is the best bleach for facial hair. I used to be a fan of Sally Hansen bleach, but noticed that it decreased in effectiveness after I'd been using it for a few years (not sure if the formula was changed or my hair was just becoming more resistant to the dye). Jolen bleaches 99.5% of the unwanted facial hair, making it softer, finer, and less visible. It did sting a little, but not nearly as badly as the Sally Hansen formula. I've found that applying aloe gel after removing the bleach helps take away the redness within minutes.

The only downside to this product is the "mixing tray" (which is actually just a tiny plastic card). As others have pointed out, using the mixing tray is very messy and wasteful. So I use a medicine cup instead.

I will definitely continue purchasing this product. It only cost $5 at Walmart and the tubs of product last forever (I use it biweekly).

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by isthisthisis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought it and used it (stupidly) on the day before my birthday. Worked but left several ugly scars behind :(

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by anujaaggarwal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have used many types of face bleaches. There are many varieties available in India, price ranging from Euro 1 to 3. Oxy Bleach and Olivia are quite good.
I am now in France and couldn't find any other bleaching product apart from Jolen so used it for the first time. The mild aloe-vera version. It costed 12 Euros in Paris. The mixing plate and spatula is quite pathetic. Instead, I used a small glass bowl and the back end of a plastic spoon to mix and apply the creme.
Although I used the right quantities, there were so much fumes coming out of the product that I couldn't keep my eyes open after applying. My eyes watered badly and I had a burning sensation all over my face.
My facial hair didn't get bleached properly even after 20 minutes. I didn't want to keep it on any longer and removed it.
This product is definitely not for sensitive skin and the formula is far from mild. Olivia and Oxy Bleach are so much better and do not harm my skin at all.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about 3 years and i i dont really have any complaints except one. I use this to bleach the hairs on the side of my face and chin. After i have used it i do notice that a couple off days later i do get a couple off pimples on my cheeks. I had a proffesional wax done once on my face and it broke me out with really bad white heads my face was covered in them and it took me two years to get rid off them but my skin has never been the same since. Thats why i remain using this product its better to have a couple of pimples than your whole face covered by them.