Jolen Creme Bleach

4.2

on 10/21/2012 8:39:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

3 Lippies b/c it's the first and only bleach I've used, but it works really well! The first time I saw Carmindy, the make-up artist on "What Not to Wear" bleach eyebrows I thought, " I have to try that" My medium/dark brows were not working with my blonde highlighted hair. Every eyebrow pencil, powder and gel made them even darker and I always used blonde or taupe.

So about a year or so later I got the nerve to try it. Jolen was a name I was used to seeing around my Italian side of the family. I remember being a kid and visiting and seeing my Zia with a white moustache getting ready for a night out!

You get a little spatula and a speck of a plastic mixing tray. I use a small plastic cup instead, 1/4 powder developer with 1/2 cream. I measure with spoons I use for hair color as well. This amount gives a good thick coating for my brows so no hair is left behind. I take off the cream with the spatula quickly and rinse with tepid water then wash with my facial cleanser. I have not had any burning or irritation from this product.

Timing is key! The first time I used it I left it on for one minute. Didn't do a thing. Waited a week or so did a re-do with a 3 minute time my brows were now a dark blonde shade. I have since left it on for 5 minutes and got a light blonde which was too light.

Now my eyebrow products work well and I don't have contrast with my hair. Why did I wait so long to try this?

on 7/12/2012 8:03:00 PM

This is the answer to a dark haired girls prayers!..I used this on my upper lip for years until I finally started to wax it, but now I use it on my forearms and it works amazingly, although you do have to do it once every 2 weeks or so, the results far outweigh the hassle. It has really given me more confidence as I was always really self conscious about my arms. Waxing and shaving never really worked for me, as when it started to grow back it made me more self conscious, but this stuff is perfect, I am always going to have hairy arms, but once it is lightened it really doesn't bother me as much, and is not as noticeable.

on 6/15/2012 11:16:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have dark hair around my neck and on the sides of my jaw, and this lightens it fantastically. Mixing is a bit fiddly but it's doable.
The smell doesn't bother me (years of dying my hair have hardened my nostrils) and the tingling is fine - just remember to take it off if it starts to sting.

on 5/27/2012 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I use this use to lighten my eyebrows for years. great product!!

on 5/25/2012 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm thirteen and I always remember my mom bleaching her upper lip when I was little and I always wanted to do it too. These past few years I've been getting more and more insecure about the hairs on my upper lip. Tonight, I just went for it, and I am sooooo pleased!! Jolen worked extremely well. I just want to remind people that if Jolen starts stinging, take it off immediately! A little tingle is okay, though :D one more thing... THANK YOU JOLEN!! <3

on 5/25/2012 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I literally just used it so I will tell you how it works. You rub this creme lotion stuff wherever u dont want hair. My arms r like bigfoots so ya. The stuff smells like crap but live with it. In 24 hrs i will be back with the results!!!
-BeautyisPain

on 4/3/2012 5:37:00 PM

HATE IT. Bleached my stomach hairs once, turned out ok...the hair was still a little dark. I tried a tiny bit out on my arm because it's quite dark...IT BLEACHED MY SKIN AND NOT THE HAIR. There is an extremely noticeable difference. Not pleased one bit. I would not use if you have just gotten a suntan...bleached mine off.

on 3/10/2012 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Note, many women over 40 that used this when younger think it caused them upper lip hyperpigmentation. Perhaps, but I am in my early 40s and never used this on my upper lip, never used any bleache there and yet I have the same problem they do. Its most likely simply Melasma, that darkening caused by hormones often happens as we age. Sunscreen above the lip is a must as Melasma will darken with sun exposure. Ladies do a search on the boards and you will see how very common it is and read about possible treatments. Concealing is difficult, more peachy, salmony colors hide ashier darkness better. Now to review! My mother has naturally brown hair but near black brows. As her hair as grayed she lightened it but her brows did not gray much and looked so dark. Every few mos or when she wants, I have used Jolen to not only lighten, but to bring some warmth in their tone to better resemble her hair now and provide an overall softer appearamce. Yes stinky but tolerable. Check often or risk orangey brows. Be careful not to get into eyes. Wash with cleanser not just water.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have very dark hair and eyebrows and there for the few hairs on my top lip are a little darker than I'd like. I just used this for the first time on my top lip and it's amazing. You can't see the hairs any more, looking closely they are so fair and fine. I'm so happy :) I always felt a bit self conscious about those hairs and was embarrassed to go to the salon to get a wax. Besides that, at 4 for a tub and plenty of applications in it this is so much cheaper and longer lasting than waxing. I just mixed it as directed in the instructions and left on for 10 minutes. Definite repurchase.

on 2/13/2012 4:02:00 AM

I've never reviewed this?!? I haven't been without this product for at least the last 10 years. No telling how many times I've rebought it.

I'm very fair, with dyed light auburn hair and brows that are darker than I'd like. A couple of minutes with this on takes them down just a shade or two.

Like others have said, if you still want your brows to be brown, there's a short window before they turn orange. My tips are:

1. Apply and check the color every 30 seconds or so until you know exactly the time you need. I think of it like searing a steak. One minute too long is... well, one minute too long.

2. Use a lot of product. At first, I didn't apply enough, so some of my brow hairs would stick out and not be covered, giving me weird, two-tone brows. I measure out 1/4 tsp of powder and 1/2 tsp of cream with my kitchen measuring spoons, and that's a good amount for both of my brows. I make sure I can't see ANY hairs sticking out of the bleaching cream.

3. Wash your brows after you remove the bleaching cream. Wash them with cleanser--a quick rinse with water isn't enough. I've accidentally left small amounts of bleach on my brows before and ended up with overbleaching and irritated skin.

Love! Wouldn't be without this.

Popular Treatments (Face)