April 19, 2014 | 1659 users online

Crème - MAC - Mineralize Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatCakex2

I will start out this review by saying I had very low expectations for this product. I have tried dozens of foundations, but no cigar. The SA matched me to NC30, which I was surprised about (I did not think I was that dark!) and it was a perfect match. She did not apply moisturizer or primer as she was just seeing if it was a color match -- I have to say, this foundation looked GREAT without the proper priming. The SA applied it with a normal paddle brush (which I liked since the LAST SA who tried to sell this to me told me I could ONLY apply with a duo fiber brush). I personally liked the paddle brush application better. Once I used my moisturizer and primer, this foundation kept my oil at bay and a flawless finish through the 8-hour work day. I needed to apply powder twice, but that is normal for me. Has not broken me out, and actually makes my face look glowy after I take off my makeup. It is water-based, so that's probably why my skin likes it. Highly recommended, but I took off one lipstick because the product can dry out after a while.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by cheriebeary73

I have been on this site reading many reviews on all kinds of makeup, and based on what I read, I plan my attack for the store and pick up various items to try, and get samples whenever I can. I kept seeing alot of people talk about Mac and what # they are etc etc..well out of curiosity I ran to my local Macy's just to get a sample of a MAC foundation. The girl there picked this particular one for me. (not sure why) She only asked what kind of coverage I like, and I told her medium. So I go on my merry way with my little teeny tiny sample..I mean geez could she spare it or what! So the next day I decide to wash my face, moisturize, then give this a try. Not knowing how the heck to put this on, I figured well just use my fingers. OMG what a NIGHTMARE! This cream felt like drywall spackle to me! I swear my husband could use this to mud the walls in our house! This is medium coverage? I'd hate to see full! So I proceeded to put it on, and I notice it seemed to cake up in the nose area, and it felt like I could keep smearing it around forever, like it sat on top my skin. I instantly noticed it was drying down to a powdery kind of look and settling in lines making my forehead look crinkly--I HATE THAT! It seem to make my lines around my eyes more prominent and noticeable. Oh btw the girl matched me to NW20 and it made my face lighter then my neck! I'm 39 and have really great skin, with barely any lines! To give you an idea, I have been mistaken for being 26, and some people think my 18yr old son and I are brother and sister! LOL So I really don't get the whole hype of MAC stuff I guess. I did check out the eyeshadows while there, and they look nice and may have to give those a try sometime. But for foundation, I will stick with my good old drugstore (L'Oreal) brand for now! So far I am having the best luck with DS brands!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by kwhilge

i have combo skin. This is more for drier skins. Looks great at first when I used a kabuki brush but within a couple hours, my face felt hot and looked like an oil slick.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by dorororo

My HG foundation. MAC foundation generally break me out so I stayed away for years but I'm glad I decided to try this one. I've been using it for two years now!

I prefer creme foundation because (in my opinion) it goes on smoother and creates a more flawless look. I apply it with a sponge and use a stippling brush to make it look more natural. I don't use a primer or powder and this foundation will last all day and night. Also the finish is natural. Not too dewy and not matte. You can build more layers if you need more coverage but generally I use very little.

The results are amazing. It doesn't dry out my skin or make it look greasy. I've gotten a lot of compliments on how great my skin looks even when I'm breaking out a little bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by lovelylola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I loved this creme foundation it gave me flawless coverage with very little product my face didnt feel smothered or caked and it didnt make me look shiny it was easy to apply, it lasted all day it was worth every penny!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Helenstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Purely as a comparison to BareMinerals, I really didn't like this product for 2 reasons. 1. It made me break out like never before (deep cysts that won't go away for a while) and 2. The colour was too orangey on me (I'm a NC/NW15?).

If and when I do breakout, its usually along the cheeks and jawline, and i tried this product on my forehead. I've had these horrible pimples for over a week now while the rest of my skin is blemish free. For this reason, I wouldn't purchase this product, there's definitely irritants in there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Once again, a MAC foundation creates fans and foes.

If you've read the other reviews, you know this is a cream foundation that "dries down."

I can't imagine even attempting to put this on with anything but a duo-fiber brush and I am a pretty experienced make-up artist. It requires blending that a sponge or flat foundation brush simply can't apply.

Also, I think it is best applied over a primer. But not a moisturizer. A true silicone primer, BTW.

So if you can do all that, I think you get a really lovely finish that other MAC products don't provide.

I agree that it is a tiny amount for the price but this is a foundation that must be used and not left in the drawer. It won't "age" well and I imagine that just opening and closing the compact will let lots of air affect the product quality.

So if you have sensitive skin and only want medium coverage that looks "natural," it is a good product. But it isn't a silicone - based product which will provide a smoother finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 3:52:00 AM More reviews by MsDebbie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

RICH CREAMY TEXTURE HOWEVER...
Out of the many MAC foundations available, this is the only one described for dry skin types. It hydrates post moisturizer-primer because it is a cream formula, but after awhile settles into lines. :(
On the other hand, my MAC Pro Face and Body foundation and MAC Studio Sculpt work wonders, so this will be my travel compact for touch ups.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by katmu1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this foundation for the last month. I would agree with previous reviewers who describe the coverage as light-to-medium. I have dry, sensitive skin and was a little nervous how the sunscreen ingredient would work for me but so far I haven't had any issues. I apply this with a foundation brush and then do a bit of final blending with a makeup sponge and I really love the results. This doesn't seem to settle into fine lines during the day or emphasize my dry spots so those are both big pluses in my book. And it lasts better than other foundations I've tried with about the same amount of coverage. I actually like that it comes in a compact as that will be good for travel but I'm a little disappointed that after a month there is already a gap around the outside of the pan, so I'm hoping this doesn't dry out too quickly. Overall, I'm pleased and would likely repurchase unless I can find something better.

For reference 42 with dry, sensitive clog prone skin. I matched to NC15 in this. Some other brands & shades I match to are Bobbi Brown Porcelain, Becca LSC Sand, Tarte AC in Fair.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by pinkchopstix13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation! I’m not usually a fan of cream compacts as my skin sometimes runs dry and the cream foundations can really highlight my dry patches but I do not have any issues with this little gem. It is creamy and smooth and feels moisturizing without being greasy or too heavy. I was color matched at the counter with NW20 and it is spot on! I have never had a foundation that matched me so perfectly. I would consider it light to medium coverage but it is build-able. I like to apply this foundation with either a stippling brush or a flat head blender brush which only requires a small amount of product while still creating a near flawless finish. This foundation wears well throughout the day and hasn’t caused any break outs or anything like that. It’s a new favorite for sure!