MAC Mineralize Foundation

3.7

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate 2.50% Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Isohexadecane, Dextrin Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Triethylhexanoin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract\Beta Vulgaris\Extrait De Racine De Betterave, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Lysine, PEG-15/Lauryl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearoyl Inulin, Magnesium Chloride, Octyldodecyl PCA, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Chloride, Isododecane, Potassium Chloride, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]

I have not used a mac foundation for a few years now, but I decided to give it a try. The color they give you makes you feel like it's too light, but it's meant for a bronzer to be put over it. Honestly I have not broken out in about 2 years, and when I started using this it i starting breaking out by my cheek bone. I'm not sure if this makeup has to do with it, but I'm scared to keep using it ! the coverage is OKAY... for some reason mac makeup is always SO heavy.. i feel like my skin is sufficating.. I'm going to invest in bare minerals.

on 11/27/2012 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is by far the WORSE foundation I have ever used! Yes it feels good going on and in the store it "looked" nice. Then I brought it home and used it for a week, my results were as follows:

1. Once on for a time it turned a sour yellow color on me
2. It broke me out all over my face
3. It coverage is streaky and very hard to impossible to get build-able coverage. I used both the sponge, a foundation brush, and a stipple brush, and still no good.

This is simply a very poor version of Cover Girl Queen Collection (I give it 3 1/2 *)

on 11/16/2012 8:21:00 PM

I've been using this in NW20 for 6 months and LOVE it. I pair it with the 130 brush and love the coverage it gives. One layer is pretty much perfect but if I need some extra coverage, it builds perfectly and doesn't look cakey. As long as they keep making it, I will keep using it!

on 11/1/2012 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the only foundation I continue to repurchase.

It is my reliabe, to go, never let you down, everyday/going out/whatever foundation. No matter what other brand I try, i keep coming back to this, and I have tried lots being the foundation junkie I am (mac studio sculpt/ fix/face and body, bare minerals, clinique , christian dior, drugstore brands, shiseido, rmk, bobbi brown)

I have dry , sensitive, fair skin (nc20), i need to moisturise well, use primer, and sleep with a layer of cream (i use lush celestial) to keep my skin moist and enable foundation application. I use a stipping brush, mac 187, for everyday application (i stipple and swirl in 60 seconds), and turn this into a heavier coverage going out foundation by using a 190 foundation brush .

It keeps me a dewy, fresh, clean look. blends like a dream. Love it .

on 10/8/2012 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

im not the one to write reviews, im more of a reader - however i will say that i love this foundation, it makes my skin look beautiful! i have dry skin and it just glides on like a dream making my face look nice and dewy looking - its beautiful. However i do get a bit of wearing off around my mouth but thats probably because i dont wear a primer. but without a primer it lasts around 8 hours i would say. i would like more for the price but i guess a little goes a long way.

I will start out this review by saying I had very low expectations for this product. I have tried dozens of foundations, but no cigar. The SA matched me to NC30, which I was surprised about (I did not think I was that dark!) and it was a perfect match. She did not apply moisturizer or primer as she was just seeing if it was a color match -- I have to say, this foundation looked GREAT without the proper priming. The SA applied it with a normal paddle brush (which I liked since the LAST SA who tried to sell this to me told me I could ONLY apply with a duo fiber brush). I personally liked the paddle brush application better. Once I used my moisturizer and primer, this foundation kept my oil at bay and a flawless finish through the 8-hour work day. I needed to apply powder twice, but that is normal for me. Has not broken me out, and actually makes my face look glowy after I take off my makeup. It is water-based, so that's probably why my skin likes it. Highly recommended, but I took off one lipstick because the product can dry out after a while.

I have been on this site reading many reviews on all kinds of makeup, and based on what I read, I plan my attack for the store and pick up various items to try, and get samples whenever I can. I kept seeing alot of people talk about Mac and what # they are etc etc..well out of curiosity I ran to my local Macy's just to get a sample of a MAC foundation. The girl there picked this particular one for me. (not sure why) She only asked what kind of coverage I like, and I told her medium. So I go on my merry way with my little teeny tiny sample..I mean geez could she spare it or what! So the next day I decide to wash my face, moisturize, then give this a try. Not knowing how the heck to put this on, I figured well just use my fingers. OMG what a NIGHTMARE! This cream felt like drywall spackle to me! I swear my husband could use this to mud the walls in our house! This is medium coverage? I'd hate to see full! So I proceeded to put it on, and I notice it seemed to cake up in the nose area, and it felt like I could keep smearing it around forever, like it sat on top my skin. I instantly noticed it was drying down to a powdery kind of look and settling in lines making my forehead look crinkly--I HATE THAT! It seem to make my lines around my eyes more prominent and noticeable. Oh btw the girl matched me to NW20 and it made my face lighter then my neck! I'm 39 and have really great skin, with barely any lines! To give you an idea, I have been mistaken for being 26, and some people think my 18yr old son and I are brother and sister! LOL So I really don't get the whole hype of MAC stuff I guess. I did check out the eyeshadows while there, and they look nice and may have to give those a try sometime. But for foundation, I will stick with my good old drugstore (L'Oreal) brand for now! So far I am having the best luck with DS brands!

on 9/18/2012 5:59:00 PM

i have combo skin. This is more for drier skins. Looks great at first when I used a kabuki brush but within a couple hours, my face felt hot and looked like an oil slick.

on 8/23/2012 1:52:00 AM

My HG foundation. MAC foundation generally break me out so I stayed away for years but I'm glad I decided to try this one. I've been using it for two years now!

I prefer creme foundation because (in my opinion) it goes on smoother and creates a more flawless look. I apply it with a sponge and use a stippling brush to make it look more natural. I don't use a primer or powder and this foundation will last all day and night. Also the finish is natural. Not too dewy and not matte. You can build more layers if you need more coverage but generally I use very little.

The results are amazing. It doesn't dry out my skin or make it look greasy. I've gotten a lot of compliments on how great my skin looks even when I'm breaking out a little bit.

on 8/2/2012 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I loved this creme foundation it gave me flawless coverage with very little product my face didnt feel smothered or caked and it didnt make me look shiny it was easy to apply, it lasted all day it was worth every penny!

Popular Crème Foundations