November 26, 2014 | 1158 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim while on vacation because I desperatly needed a basic cheap foundation because I forgot to bring one. I did not expect it to be as good as it is. This is such a great product in every single way. Works like a charm on my combination skin, even if I'm dry or oily. This is one of very few foundations I've used that does not make me super oily throughout the day. Healthy Mix is actually a lot better than most of my high end expensive foundations. Gives me a truly flawless finish, and it's builable as well. Gives me a nice, even skintone and natural glow without making me look greasy, and it actually hydrates my skin when it's dry. And to top it off; quite longlasting. I've worn it for 12 hours and it still looked nice and fresh. Yep, HG for sure. And so afforable. I would love this even if it didn't have a pump, but it does so it's pretty much perfection.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by mercurywen

Surprisingly good.

I have read all the good reviews about this foundation, and Boots is currently doing a 3for2 offer, so grab three little things from Bourjois (radiance reveal healthy mix, health mix serum gel, and a tan/highlighter), which all do not disappoint me.

The serum version and radiance reveal are definitely different. What I expected from them was a better coverage from radiance reveal, and a 'glow look' from the serum version. I would say so far I prefer the serum version. I have always use high end brand foundation, Guerlain, Shiseido, Armani, YSL, etc, I wouldn't say this serum foundation is better, but definitely not worse. It is a bit unfair to compare Bourjois foundation to the high end brands, however, this is what I am going to do here...I have used YSL liberator foundation, which indeed left a more amazing glow on the face, but that effect only lasted for one or two hours. However, with this bourjois serum foundation, at least it didn't go dull after 5-6 hours. It leaves a more nature and smoother texture on the face, and the skin looks healthy compared to the radiance reveal foundation.

Regarding to the coverage, the radiance reveal one offers a more full coverage than the serum one. However, the serum one comes with a median coverage which is really good enough for me (I have problem skin with acne scars etc); and the radiance reveal version is actually too much, I even use it as a concealer for my undereye dark circles and places on my face where I need better coverage....I used to use Guerlain invisible before these two foundation, I would say Guerlain invisible is really invisible, if the serum foundation claims itself with 'only little coverage'... If you use the radiance reveal all over the face, do remember do not put on too much.

The only thing is, you have to do a good moisturizing job before putting on any of these two foundation. The serum version is more moisturizing than the radiance reveal one, however, they could become cakey if the skin is not in a good condition.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by ClaireDalloway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh my God! This is really worth the hype. Although it took me quite a time to get use to it. I have shade 52 Vanilla and it is perfect for me in summer where I am "tanned". In winter it is awful - I look like a lemon - the yellow undertone is just too visible. But in summer it lasts in the heat, it has good coverage, is not cakey. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Laura_J

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always hated liquid foundation and the way it felt on my skin so I switched to mineral makeup and wore that for years. Then recently I saw somone on YouTube recommend the Bourjois foundation and I loved the way it looked when she applied it so I thought I would give it a try. I ordered it online from Overstock for $13 which I think is a fair price. I put the foundation on with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and it just went on smoothly over my skin. It didn't settle into fine lines, did not feel heavy whatsoever and was a perfect match (light vanilla). It also covered really well. It did not oxidize like so many others do. I didn't notice any smell like other foundations have. My skin is very sensitive/oily and it did not irritate or break me out. I was able to go about 5 hours before I had to blot my t-zone and even then it was only a little bit. I left the foundation on a total of 9 hours and it proved to be a good lasting foundation. I love everything about it and as much as I love mineral makeup I will be wearing the Bourjois foundation from now on because I love that even more.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by lazybeautiful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Top 3 foundations of all time. Ever made. It's ridiculously good value when you compare it to Chanel nearly 5 times the price for virtually the same effect. I LOVE the smell of it, I love how it sets into the skin without settling into fine lines! I love how brightening it is and how well it layers when you add a 2nd layer where your skin needs it most. The packaging is awesome! Will be repurchasing this until the end of time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by alliebeaar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

had it in shade 51, I loved it. lasted a long time..great coverage for acne scars/blemishes. a little more pricey for drug store foundations, but if I could afford to buy it all the time, I would.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Sump

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Love this foundation. It was my favourite before I discovered Maybelline Fit Me. I use the colour 51 light vanilla, but I do think it's bit too yellow for me. Still can work with it, but that's the reason I've switched to Maybelline Fit Me. I still use Bourjois Healthy Mix on days my skin is drier and/or has obvious dry patches. This foundation doesn't care about obvious dry patches. It will glide right over them.

I'd say it's a perfect foundation for people with dry skin and it's also great for people with normal skin. The foundation gives your skin a dewy finish and because of that I'm not sure whether people with oily skin wil love it as much, but you'll have to see for yourself. It gave me full coverage, but I have very few blemishes so I find it hard to tell if a foundation is medium or full coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Babycult

I absolutely love love love this foundation. Everything about it works for me- the colour, texture and finish are all beautiful. This is my HG drugstore foundation.

Colour: I have a really weird skin tone , like majorly pale but with quite yellow undertones so for a drugstore foundation to match this without making me look salmon coloured or grey is an extreme rarity for me. I switch between shades 51 and 52 depending on the time of year, and sometimes mix them together and it never makes me look orange or washed out. Doesn't oxidise visibly either which is good.

Smell wise, this has a nice fragrance- it is fruity without being chemical, so I don't mind the smell, which isn't irritating to my skin either.

Finish/coverage: I have hyperpigmentation from acne on my cheeks and chin but this covers it nicely without looking cakey or heavy at all. I don't normally even need to use a concealer with this as the coverage is excellent, for a medium coverage foundation. I'm not a fan of full coverage but I do like buildability with a foundation, which this definitely has. Finish is dewy, quite silky. I also like that this doesn't break me out at all, with having acne prone skin.

Price: Normally pay around 13 euro online for a bottle- which in my opinion is totally justified for the quality of this foundation. I would be prepared to pay more.

Lasting power: This is the only criticism with this foundation. After around 4-5 hours I generally need a little touch up, especially in the warmer months. After wearing for 8 hours it can turn a little patchy from sweating but I don't mind spending 5 mins touching it up when it is my HG drugstore foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by genevievemason

Bought this foundation yesterday finally after wanting to buy it for ages but I've never had the discipline to part with the money or risk possibly buying a foundation that for whatever reason I wasn't happy with. In Australia the full price is $32 but I was lucky enough to get it on sale at Priceline for $24.

I can happily say I am thoroughly impressed and happy with this foundation! I used to have oily skin, but I am currently on acne medication which dries out my skin and so I have been eager to try some more 'dewy' foundations. For a while now Arbonne Foundation in soft blush has been my holy grail foundation as I find most foundations are never the right shade but this one is just perfect. This foundation (healthy mix) is a great doupe for this, possibly a little bit less matte but honestly extremely similar. The smell of it is really nice too. I did find I had to use a little more on my face but that was probably because i have a couple of break outs on my face atm. My shade is 52 - Vanilla.

Would definitely recommend trying this foundation out. For someone that is EXTREMELY unblessed with foundations this one was great and really reasonably priced for the quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by MyMakeupPerspective

Here is my first impression review video on the Bourjois Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix Foundation: