April 17, 2014 | 1767 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Smoky ShadowBlast

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by LLark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The WORST. I bought this in the green/bronze combo. First off, there is almost NO pigment, and when I tried to layer it, it just smudged off all together. So, I tried it as a base, with a good quality shadow on top and after a couple hours it was gone. Literally just gone, melted into the crease and who knows where. I tried it with primer, without, under powder, everything I could think of. Terrible. I ended up giving it to my toddler to color with (I give her all my old make up and she uses them to color on paper haha)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by okin

This is by far the worst eyeshadow I have ever purchased. This broke on me after 3 uses, plus it creases like crazy and is just horrible because it doesn't blend well at all. Do not buy this!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by briscotti1687

This shadow is terrible! I was sucked in by epically deceiving ads. There's no way this can ever look "smoky."

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by patriciabain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in bronze fire #815 which is a fancy name for shimmery tan on one end and shimmery brown on the other. I was getting some of my CG lip balm that I love, and it was buy 1 get one 50% off, so I got this, too. Originally it would have been about 7.99.

I've been looking at these sorts of big eyeshadow pencils because I don't have much time in the morning, and I like the idea of just swiping on some eyeshadow without having to bother with getting out a brush and dipping it in and out until I get enough on. It seems, however, that this dream of mine is just that. A dream. This product is not the magical time-saver I foresaw.

I'm not very happy with it, but it's not so bad that I'll throw it away as I have devised some uses for it. The color comes out exactly the color you see in the tube, which is nice, but you have to use your finger to blend because one end is shaped oddly. Trying to blend, however, results in most of the product coming off onto my finger instead. It seems to work well on the dark end as a sort of smokey eyeliner and the light end works well to brighten my inner corner without looking as ridiculous as bright white looks (at least on me, some people can pull it off). Definitely set it with some powder if you plan on using it as actual eyeshadow or it will crease.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2012 2:09:00 AM More reviews by VoR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was sucked in by the gorgeous looking magazine advertisments for this product and although they are not my usual style I bought the purple / grey one when I spotted it in a pharmacy display and rushed home to test it out. I was so disappointed! Firstly I could hardly get the colour to stay on my eyelid and when I did manage to get it there it lasted approximately 3 minutes before creasing into a single line and then sliding off into the corner, I had no chance of doing any double ended blending or anything that even remotely resembled a 'smoky eye' - it was just a total waste of money. Luckily the thing wasn't especially expensive but I've learned my lesson about impulse make-up buys and the power of advertising and I'll be checking the reviews before I do anything like that again!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by NitaE

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I regret the money I spent on this completely. I feel like a child when I am applying this because the makeup broke out of the container within 3 uses. I don't understand how it is physically possible to do a smokey look with this, because the "tapered" side is to big to create anything other than a big smudge. It tugs like crazy, I bought the silver/purple one and I basically just use the little nub left of the silver when I am running late for something. The packaging also broke within a few weeks, never again for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I will NEVER repurchase this again!!!! I bought this a few months ago because I liked the idea of having the lid and eyeliner color in one package and boy was this the worst purchase I've ever made! I wore it for 2 hours and with primer and it was creasing like crazy! The color was all washed away and I have the purple color so it looked like I got punched in the face! I HATE this product and I will never repurchase again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2011 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow. I was hoping so bad that is would work, but it's horrible. I had this months ago and creased like crazy. Now I know cream products tend to do that, but I will not keep them if they're like that, I dont' want the hassle of putting on MORE make up over it like eyeshadow. Wasn't impressed with colors at all. It sad in my make up bag for months. The other day I was reorganizing it, went to go look at it to give it another try, the ends of make up just broke right off the thing and the plastic casing was cracked, I was a little angry.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by alleighcat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would NOT repurchase this AT ALL. The color is pigmented, but god forbid you put anything over it like eyeliner, etc. because it rubs off COMPLETELY with the slightest touch. It's very hard to keep on, and it DOES wear off very, very quickly! After time, the packaging had cracked and the shadow sticks melt and break leaving a huge mess.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by axxl

This product is horrible. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS. I was a fool to buy two without even testing the product but the colors and convenience seemed so promising. The color does not go on evenly, does not blend well, and is just to creamy to ever look clean. It settles in the crease and looks awful. Aside from that all the lids broke with less than normal wear-and-tear. I say that because I am super particular about product care and if they broke with me then they will with anyone. ALSO, every single one of the shadows broke off. THIS IS THE WORST PRODUCT EVER!