August 29, 2014 | 1776 users online

Styling Products - Sexy Hair Concepts - Powder Play

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This worked good for me, but it wasn't good enough for me to repurchase. I know people that love this stuff. It seems to give me volume for a little while but then my hair falls and just starts to feel dirty. I have a lot of hair, but it is on the finer side. I can see how this would work great for someone with thicker hair than mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by HOPI87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My hair would be NOTHING without this! I am IN LOVE with this product! THIS IS THE BEST VOLUMIZER EVER!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So weird, but so awesome. I have really long hair that is thick at the ends but thin at the roots, and I hate how flat it gets on the top. Could be an unflattering cut, but even still, I need a solution - this powder is just awesome. Yes, it feels gummy, but it seriously works. It reminds me of the feel of dancefloor wax powder or rosin or something - it's very strange. My application method = Sprinkle liberally on roots, lifting to get the roots underneath. Flip head over, shake and massage roots, and BAM! Big, sexy hair. Flip and shake throughout the day as needed. If you aren't getting volume, add some more powder when you apply. I haven't experienced a problem washing it out at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by thubbard

I bought this when I cut my long hair off and got a pixie. It is perfect for adding texture (which is the key to pixie hair) and molding your hair how you want it without adding any shine or greasiness. I use a wax right after I get a trim since it's kind of too short for this, but I will always have this on hand, even when (if ever) I grow out my hair because it's just so useful. The packaging is perfect for what it is. Two reviews before me the person said they put it in their hands and rubbed it in. I tried that once on accident out of habit, because usually you have to put product in your hands first (like creams), and it just doesn't work that way. When you put it on your hands first it kind of already changes from a powder to something else when it hits your skin, so you really need to put it directly onto your hair. I've had this for over a year now and I think I still have half left, but then again I don't use it every day. For me, it's still a good value for the $15, and you can always find coupon or sales--I hardly ever pay regular price, haha. Also, cute packaging! It always gets me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by rcclarke22

The people who give this a bad review are really just using it wrong. Sprinkle a small amount on the roots you want to volumize, spread about an inch down, an start back combing. Holy cow does it work! There is no powder look if you use it right. A small amount goes a long way, and it is basically replacing the half a bottle of hairspray you would otherwise be using. Love this product, it's the best of its kind.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

This product doesn't work. It doesn't volumize at all. It looks like dandruff sitting in hair. Highly overpriced, & comes in the smallest bottle i've ever seen. I do not reccommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by deenie2007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Luv it!!!! I have fine, thin hair with very light density that lays flat against my head. This has to be one of the best volumizing products I've ever used and I have used alot!! Seriously. I section my hair and sprinkle in and then use my fingers to fluff it out.. I finish with the Spray and Play hairspray and am good to go all day. If it starts to look a little flatter I just flip my hair upside down and refluff. My husband even complimented my hair which is huge cuz he never notices stuff like that. I know it's expensive but to find a volumizer that actually works for thinning hair I would pay double.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by peababy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading the reviews here - I went to Ulta and bought it. What a small bottle! But it is worth every penny. just a TINY bit rubbed into the scalp makes my hair poufy (in a good way) and gives it SO much volume! And it stays that way ALL day!! My hair is thin, wavy and flops after a few hours...not with this! I then added the volumizing shampoo, conditioner and styling gel and my hair has never looked this good!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by realcutiepie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this!! I have pretty thick, heavy hair that falls down soon after I style it for volume. I just sprinkle this around my crown and under the top layers and rub it in and my hair has instant Brigitte Bardot volume!! It lasts for quite a while too!! If it it starts to drop, I just flip my head over and massage my scalp lightly with my fingers and it perks back up.

The only possible downside is that sometimes it does make my hair feel gummy and gritty if i accidently over apply. I haven't run into any problems with removing it. My shampoo gets it out easily.

Price wise, it IS a bit pricey. I believe I paid 18 bucks for mine at Ulta. However, they had a sale going on which was buy two Sexy Hair concepts products get one free so I didn't feel AS guilty. I will defintely repurchase this product in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by laradaniellepark

I have the thinnest, most drab hair that no amount of teasing could fix...until my stylist showed me Powder Play. I start by pulling up the top layers around my crown in 4 pieces and then sprinkle the product on my roots, then I take a comb and gently tease the hair near the roots. It keeps my pomps and ponytails full and voluminous throughout the day. It has a lot of staying power and since I only wash my hair every other day, I can usually restyle my hair the next morning without adding any product. I have not tried this without teasing my hair so I don't know how it would work on it's own, but if you tease your hair and you're looking for volume- this is it. The only con is that you need to really massage the crap out of your roots/scalp in the shower to get all the product out, but I love long showers so I don't mind.