Sexy Hair Concepts Powder Play

3.8

Water, Propylene Glycol, Silica Silyate, Acai Palm Pulp Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Passionflower Seed Oil, Sodium Benzoate

Separate the hair at the scalp where you want volume and tap the tiniest amount onto the hair by the root. Slice the next small section off and repeat. Rough up the roots with your fingers.
Don't go dumping this stuff randomly on your head, make it precise and use a tiny amount.
Instant Brigitte Bardot hair! And without the damage that teasing causes. Best volumizing product to date. Makes me look like I have twice as much hair as I actually do.

on 1/26/2013 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I picked this up at ULTA on clearance for $3. So glad I didn't pay more. This is the weirdest hair product I've ever tried. It's a powder but when you run it into hair it feels cold and sticky and like a liquid. It did nothing to my hair volume wise. it made it greasy and even dry shampoo couldn't fix it. Yuck.

on 1/19/2013 6:36:00 PM

First off, I use this product differently than what it's intended for. I use it as a dry shampoo. I bought it upon a recommendation at Ulta, not looking at the actual bottle until after four uses to realize it was not actually a dry shampoo, but it works! My roots become very oily after one night, and I absolutely needed to wash my hair. With this, it takes away the oil and gives me volume, something no other dry shampoo I've tried has done successfully. Another great thing is that it doesn't leave an ashy look on my dark brown hair. I'm quite happy for my stumbling upon this product. At first, I was indecisive about the packaging. However, I actually really like it because the small holes, like a salt shaker, spreads the product evenly. Most of the time, I don't even have to rub it in, the white powder just absorbs and disappears. I'm on my second bottle and this worked wonders on vacation. They come in a few different sizes, but i always save the smallest travel size you can buy. All you have to do is unscrew the top, pop in more product from your larger bottle, and it's a space saver on vacation. Plus, a little goes a long way.

on 12/28/2012 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This worked good for me, but it wasn't good enough for me to repurchase. I know people that love this stuff. It seems to give me volume for a little while but then my hair falls and just starts to feel dirty. I have a lot of hair, but it is on the finer side. I can see how this would work great for someone with thicker hair than mine.

on 11/29/2012 3:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My hair would be NOTHING without this! I am IN LOVE with this product! THIS IS THE BEST VOLUMIZER EVER!

on 6/3/2012 7:39:00 PM

So weird, but so awesome. I have really long hair that is thick at the ends but thin at the roots, and I hate how flat it gets on the top. Could be an unflattering cut, but even still, I need a solution - this powder is just awesome. Yes, it feels gummy, but it seriously works. It reminds me of the feel of dancefloor wax powder or rosin or something - it's very strange. My application method = Sprinkle liberally on roots, lifting to get the roots underneath. Flip head over, shake and massage roots, and BAM! Big, sexy hair. Flip and shake throughout the day as needed. If you aren't getting volume, add some more powder when you apply. I haven't experienced a problem washing it out at all.

on 3/27/2012 5:12:00 PM

I bought this when I cut my long hair off and got a pixie. It is perfect for adding texture (which is the key to pixie hair) and molding your hair how you want it without adding any shine or greasiness. I use a wax right after I get a trim since it's kind of too short for this, but I will always have this on hand, even when (if ever) I grow out my hair because it's just so useful. The packaging is perfect for what it is. Two reviews before me the person said they put it in their hands and rubbed it in. I tried that once on accident out of habit, because usually you have to put product in your hands first (like creams), and it just doesn't work that way. When you put it on your hands first it kind of already changes from a powder to something else when it hits your skin, so you really need to put it directly onto your hair. I've had this for over a year now and I think I still have half left, but then again I don't use it every day. For me, it's still a good value for the $15, and you can always find coupon or sales--I hardly ever pay regular price, haha. Also, cute packaging! It always gets me!

on 3/6/2012 11:08:00 PM

The people who give this a bad review are really just using it wrong. Sprinkle a small amount on the roots you want to volumize, spread about an inch down, an start back combing. Holy cow does it work! There is no powder look if you use it right. A small amount goes a long way, and it is basically replacing the half a bottle of hairspray you would otherwise be using. Love this product, it's the best of its kind.

on 1/23/2012 10:39:00 PM

This product doesn't work. It doesn't volumize at all. It looks like dandruff sitting in hair. Highly overpriced, & comes in the smallest bottle i've ever seen. I do not reccommend.

on 11/21/2011 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Luv it!!!! I have fine, thin hair with very light density that lays flat against my head. This has to be one of the best volumizing products I've ever used and I have used alot!! Seriously. I section my hair and sprinkle in and then use my fingers to fluff it out.. I finish with the Spray and Play hairspray and am good to go all day. If it starts to look a little flatter I just flip my hair upside down and refluff. My husband even complimented my hair which is huge cuz he never notices stuff like that. I know it's expensive but to find a volumizer that actually works for thinning hair I would pay double.

Popular Styling Products