November 22, 2014 | 1690 users online

Primer/ Corrector - The Body Shop - Skin Primer Matte It

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Rosalyn16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have blemish-free combination skin, but when I put this on for several days in a row I started getting acne and my skin was constantly oily all over. Yuck! I don't like the feeling of this primer--feels greasy, clogging, and thick. While I did feel it helped smooth out my skin overall, it didn't help at all with fine lines--in fact, I think it just accentuated them once I had my foundation on. A definite NO when it comes to repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by EmiriamdD

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product since I don't know how long. However, I don't apply it as a primer/mattifier before applying foundation. The way I use it is to put some liquid foundation on the back of my hand, then add a bit of the Matte It. After that I apply foundation with a stipple brush. What Matte It does when used like this is to actually mattify the foundation itself. I don't have oily skin but really dislike the shininess that most liquid foundations leave on my face. Matte It makes the shine disappear. Takes a while to find the right ratio of foundation to Matte It but once found, this technique works beautifully.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2012 6:55:00 AM More reviews by 0ireeeneee0

i really dont like i that much. my skin looks shiney and yuck after a few hours wearing it :/ i also broke out

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by jlinzb

I really wouldn't recommend this product, I just bought it yestoday and tried it out this morning before heading out to university. On first thoughts of the product I did like it, it had a velvety feel and once I applied it to my skin I could instantly see my pores fill up, leaving a smooth surface. It was quite a warm day today and I had used this primer under my foundation, to my horror I look in the mirror during the day to find my skin looked blotchy with patches where the primer has somehow clogged together to form an army against the foundation. In other words I looked a right mess!. I'm so angry I had to quickly come home and avoid all face to face communication throughout the day.

I really don't know why this has happened and I plan to try it out in my own time without any moisturiser, so I'll just apply the primer then the foundation. I hope I see results or else that's 11 quid shooted in the air.

Any tips on how to use this primer effectively with foundation is most welcome :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 5:06:00 AM More reviews by colacreations

Amazing. This about sums up this primer in one word. I first bought it about 2 years ago and haven't changed primer since. Perfect if you've got combination skin. It fills in any pores and makes the oily T-Zone more matte than shiny. Also it's great for all day wear, I can put it on in the morning before I go to work and my makeup will still look fabulous when I leave for the bar at night. Goes on very smooth, my picky skin doesn't break out from it, it helps control shine, and helps prolong makeup use. It's even gentle enough to use as an eyeshadow primer (although I'd still recommend using Urban Decay's Primer Potion over this any day). Fantastic if you're on a budget and want a well rounded foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Neurotripsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My first impression was that it was a bit greasy, but it gets better when it dries and firms up. Quite pricey for the amount that you get, but I'd say it's worth the money and I've stocked up on several more. The only downside I've found is that I have to reapply it every three or four hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Emily8Rose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this primer, glides on and makes my foundation look amazing and matte for hours. The packaging is a little tacky but i'm not really looking for pretty packages, only want the product to work! Can't say how impressed i am with this...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by sarahlovesrimmelonden

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a terrible product, nothing about it is good, even the packaging is cheap and nasty, but I can forgive a product for its packaging, but I could never forgive this. It does not mattify my face, in fact it makes it look oily! It doesn't even make my make up last, it comes off after about 2/3 hours. It has a really greasy feel on my face. Probably the worst make up product I have ever brought.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by luxlover79

I tried this primer for the hopes of mattifying effects coz d label says it. Its not really a mattifying primer but controls shine better than Smashbox primer. It smooths my skin and my make up glides easily with it. Its helps a little bit on keeping the shine off, the shine on my skin after applying moisturizer instantly fades when I put this on top. But like I said, it's not the mattifying effect that I wished it had. I don't see myself purchasing again coz I have several primers to choose from, they all last for a while. By the time I would want another Body Shop primer, hopefully they have a new and better one out :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

Did not keep my oilies at bay, did not make my MU last longer either. Stopped using this after like 4 or 5 tries.