April 18, 2014 | 1819 users online

Primer/ Corrector - The Body Shop - Skin Primer Matte It

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Emily8Rose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this primer, glides on and makes my foundation look amazing and matte for hours. The packaging is a little tacky but i'm not really looking for pretty packages, only want the product to work! Can't say how impressed i am with this...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by sarahlovesrimmelonden

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a terrible product, nothing about it is good, even the packaging is cheap and nasty, but I can forgive a product for its packaging, but I could never forgive this. It does not mattify my face, in fact it makes it look oily! It doesn't even make my make up last, it comes off after about 2/3 hours. It has a really greasy feel on my face. Probably the worst make up product I have ever brought.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by luxlover79

I tried this primer for the hopes of mattifying effects coz d label says it. Its not really a mattifying primer but controls shine better than Smashbox primer. It smooths my skin and my make up glides easily with it. Its helps a little bit on keeping the shine off, the shine on my skin after applying moisturizer instantly fades when I put this on top. But like I said, it's not the mattifying effect that I wished it had. I don't see myself purchasing again coz I have several primers to choose from, they all last for a while. By the time I would want another Body Shop primer, hopefully they have a new and better one out :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

Did not keep my oilies at bay, did not make my MU last longer either. Stopped using this after like 4 or 5 tries.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/19/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by nabs07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love/hate relationship with this one. I have oily skin, and it probably keeps my skin matte for 3 hours (under liquid foundation; I find it doesn't help much under powder foundations) and then its down hill from there, blotting sheets to the rescue! The texture of this product feels like a oily serum due to all the silicones. It does make it a bit easier to apply my make-up as it leaves a thin 'film' on top for smoothness, but that doesn't mean it makes my make up last any longer. I won't repurchase.

For $14 CAD, it may be worth to try it out if you have dry/combo skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by galtruice

This did absolutely nothing for me... :( This was like $30 here in NZ so it was quite pricey so I really regretted buying it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by tremblingaspen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Although it actually doesn't do much in terms of mattifying my skin, I like it because it helps my foundation go on much smoother and actually helps to increase the coverage. It could last a little longer, and it is a bit pricey, but I still like it and would definently re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2011 7:35:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaNatalie

I like the texture of this primer really velvety and it feels nice to apply but I really dont find any benefit to using it. After about 2/3 hours after applying my skin is oily. I do have combination skin which is slightly oily around the T Zone but not too bad.

Wouldnt buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2011 6:13:00 AM More reviews by omfgxstephhi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i didnt really see a difference of using this or applying just foundation and concealer on my skin.
it doesn't tend to do what it claims to

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by makeupfeverobessiveness

I quite like this product as it has a nice silky feel when you blend it on to your face, though it only holds my makeup in place for about 4-5 hours, which is okay if you've got the right powder for touch ups within the day.