L.A. Colors Pressed Powder

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidium), Squalane, Propylparaben. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

LA Colors is not a brand that I would ever look at if it weren't for MUA, I'm always looking for pressed powder so after seeing the reviews for this - I had to try it. I have the shade Beige, purchased at Dollar Tree for $1.

Applied first thing in the morning on top of my TM - this powder lasted all day, no touch ups! The color match was close enough (AAB w/ fair skin). There was decent coverage and the texture worked on my skin. The sponge that it comes with feels like TP, the compact is cheap and no one is going to envy you for using LA Colors BUT who cares! Seriously, I've paid much, much more and got less in return! I'm definately re-purchasing

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

so last night i was in family dollar, when my friend pointed out that we looked like crap. neither of us were wearing makeup, sooo we decicded to do a little haul :) i didnt want to get the l.a. colors liquid makeup, because i had a bad experience with it before sooo i just got the powder. im not a fan of just wearing powders, cuz i have hyperpigmentation on my face and normally powder alone doesnt cover it. in the disgusting bathroom at family dollar, (yes the bathroom at family dollar, cuz we didnt have time to go to my house and do our makeup, we were waiting for a ride that was five minutes away) i put this powder on and it and it blended pretty well with my discolored skintone. i got this in tan btw. my skin looked so smooth and pretty. i think this did a pretty well job of soaking up oil, not that my skin is oily but i had been out in the heat all day sweating. anyway, i normally touch up my powder a couple times a night and each time i went to touch it up it still looked smooth and flawless. i was wasted, but im pretty sure it looked flawless all night. some time during the night i ended up getting my face wet, so the powder came off. this mmorning i had some errands to run before everything closed so i just put this back on. oh btw, running errands hungover isnt fun. this has lasted me all day and still looks good ;) i also got la colors eyebrow pencils, those are great too and didnt smear all night.

on 6/23/2012 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have this powder in 'Tan' (my current shade) & 'Beige' (my winter shade). I used to hate this product so much for some reason I cant even remember, but I love it now. I prefer it over my Maybelline Fit Me powder most days. I dont like the packaging though. The hinges broke on mine so I had to tape the two pieces back together lol.

on 4/24/2012 12:38:00 AM

I really wanted to like this product, because of the good reviews, but it doesn't control my oil as well as I wanted it to. The packaging is alright, nothing special. This just didn't live up to my expectations. :(
EDIT: After using this for a little longer, I've discovered that this pressed powder is great! I think I must've been sweating profusely, or expecting a miracle mattifier when I wrote my old review. It doesn't keep me completely matte all day, but it gives me some coverage and keeps me from looking like a complete mess at the end of the day. I only don't like the packaging, since it's so cheap. But everything else is good. :)

on 4/22/2012 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have this powder in 'Fair'. Unfortunately I can't use this as I would a regular powder, it's just too dark for my pale skin (think Revlon Colorstay Ivory). However it works great as a bronzer or a nudey blush. For such a cheap product it's surprisingly fine milled. I've come across worse in more expensive brands. So if you're medium toned and up then I'd recommend this - seriously, don't sleep on L.A Colors pressed powder! For such a low price you don't have much to lose. I just wish they did a lighter shade that I could use all-over my face.

on 4/4/2012 9:52:00 AM

Do I keep this hidden? YES
But it is one of THE best powders I have ever used.
I used Nude to set my concealer and Tan all over my face to set my foundation (Estee Lauder DWL or Clinique superfit) and my face looks flawless all day long.
For reference: NC37
DWL #3-#4

on 2/29/2012 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Call me crazy, but I love this product! I was looking for a dupe for Mac MSF natural and came across a review on youtube that was raving about this as a dupe! Its soo silky and doesn't make me break out! I mix two of the lightest colors and it gives such a nice finish! Not cakey at all! Its seriously a diamond sitting on the dollar store shelf lol

on 2/11/2012 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was very hesitant to give this product a shot due to a previous nitemarish experience with dollar store make up .... but thank goodness i caved and tried it. This powder is absolutly amazing .. not only for the price which is already unbelievable, but for the job it does as well. I bought this in Nude and applied it as a setting powder over my maybelline superstay foundation. At first i was quite surprised at how pale it initially looked on my face considering it looked a bit darker in the package... almost too pale for my liking. About 2 hours later i noticed the makeup mustve settled because the color fit my skintone perfectly. I did have to touch up a couple times throughout the day but this is normal for me no matter what top of the line oil-control products i use ... so its no biggie for me. I definatly recommend anybody to try this if you can find your color. Gives a nice, smooth, flawless finish, and doesnt cake up toward the end of the day .. definatly worth the buck!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

L.A. Colors Pressed Powder isnít the worst thing Iíve worn, but itís not something that I would wear on a daily basis. Itís just good enough. It does its job for a dollar, I cannot really complain. I use it when I absolutely need to. Itís your basic, cheap, ĎIím wearing it because I donít have anything else right nowí powder. Of course, it oxidized darker on my skin than when I applied it. Iíd buy one shade lighter than your skin tone if you have oily or very oily skin like I do. Because itís a dollar, I would buy it again just to have it in my collection or on hand when Iím in a pinch.

Note: the brandís Mineral Pressed Powder is amazing if you don't like this one or want something better

on 11/11/2011 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was going to give this a 1 because of the shade. I bought this in "Fair" at the Dollar Store. I remembered that this stuff had pretty good ratings on Makeup Alley, so I tossed it in the cart. . I thought it looked kind of dark but since it said "Fair" on it I bought it. I used it to blot my face today at work. When I looked in the mirror a couple of hours later I had dark blotches all over my face. Eeek! I used a wet paper towel to scrub it all off. I was going to toss it in the trash but I think this will make a pretty good contour powder. No way in hellz is this shade "Fair". Maybe it was at the Dollar Store because of a mix up when they manufactured it or something.

The packaging is WAY cheapo. My lid broke the first time I used it, but I was able to snap it back on. Like I said, I'm going to try this as a contour powder. Other than the shade being way too dark, this powder is pretty finely milled.
___________________________________________________________
Update:
I had to toss this. The color did not work as a contour shade.