E.L.F. Studio Mineral Infused Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba) Wax, Synthetic Beeswax, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, PVP, Triethanolamine , Triacontanyl PVP, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 5/6/2014 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is an excellent everyday mascara at a very good price.
It provides natural looking length, darkening and definition. If you are looking for dramatic volume and blackness, this will NOT do.

The wand is decent sized -thick but not unwieldly on smaller eyes- and very flexible. The end is tapered for corner application.

The formula is buildable and slightly waxy. It reminds me of cake mascaras that came in pots and were applied with lash brushes. So wait for it to set before touching or lashes will stick in the direction you pushed them.

NOT super long wearing but VERY easy to remove.
If you are looking for an everyday, non-glamourous mascara, you can't beat the baragin.

on 4/26/2014 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Well, hello there wonderful. I'm glad I found you!
For $3, you really can't beat this little gem. Plain and boring matte black packaging belies the awesomeness of this wonderful little wand and better than decent formula. Rigid plastic bristles combined with a narrow neck ensure the perfect amount for each application - no clumping, no excess, no smearing, just clearly defined, natural looking fluttery lashes. And it holds a curl OK, which is a definite A+ in my book.
So this won't give you dramatic black, false lash effects. It's not terribly volumizing and isn't the blackest black ever but it lengthens and defines beautifully and lasts all day on me without flaking or smudging. It's great for everyday, dried quickly and is insanely cheap.
You don't have to spend ages getting excess mascara off the brush or combing through your lashes after applying to get rid of clumps - it's pretty much swipe and go, which I love.
Will definitely be buying this again!

on 3/23/2014 7:11:00 PM

In my search for a less toxic mascara, I gave this a shot. The price is awesome, but that's about it. It took 6 coats to build any visible length or volume (which wasn't a whole lot), was crunchy looking, and smudged a lot by midday.

on 3/17/2014 11:39:00 AM

I absolutely love this mascara. For would lashes like mine this works amazing. It gives me length. Does not clump and it feels so light on my lashes, plus it lasts all day. This is HG quality. Will buy again.

on 3/15/2014 1:25:00 AM

This is my absolute HG mascara and I cant imagine finding a better vegan mascara than this one. It is only three dollars but I would pay much more for it if I had to. It applies beautifully and you are able to multiple coats on with out any clumping. It curls, thickens and lengthens wonderfully. This does not irritate my eyes at all nor does it ever flake off or smudge. I also really like that I can remove it easily with my basic face wash because when mascaras are difficult to remove it is easy to damage your eyelashes.

on 3/2/2014 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been having trouble finding a good mascara for awhile now. Thank goodness I took a trip to Target and pick this mascara up. I really like it. it combs thru the lashes and doesn't clump.

on 2/26/2014 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

The price can't be beat! I was skeptical at first because most of the ELF mascaras I've tried were disappointing but I saw both on MUA and on the ELF website this had high reviews. I love my Benefit "They're Real" Mascara but it's way too expensive here, at $30 I cannot afford it all the time. This is an adequate substitute, the brushes are similar in the sense there's spikes (although no precision tip on the end like Benefit's so you can do lower lashes) but it works! It definitely lengthens and does not clump whatsoever.

This will be a staple in my makeup bag. Super affordable and performs as well as a higher-end product.

on 1/22/2014 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a surprisingly impressive mascara. The brush is plastic, which I don't usually like, but it's long and slender (narrowing toward the end), has a bit of flex to it and the bristles are spaced just so that it banishes clumps wonderfully! I can get every lash with this brush and build and build and build the mascara without my lashes flaking together or having ugly little crumbs form. It definitely beats CG Clump Crusher in that category of...clump crushability.

The mascara formula itself at first doesn't seem like anything amazing but when you build up 2 or 3 coats with the brush, it really works well. Adds lots of volume, a decent amount of length and holds curl pretty nicely too. It's regular "black" - not glossy black or super dark or charcoal - with very good pigmentation (using a white primer doesn't make it go gray). Formula has a texture that isn't dry or wet, but just right, Goldilocks.

Lasts great throughout the day with no flaking, smudging, running or fading. Not difficult to remove (not waterproof, thank God). The only minor quibble I have with this is that it doesn't come off cleanly, but with lots of little crumbs.

I have very mixed feelings about this.
On one hand, I can layer and layer and my lashes still stay separated and look good. On the other hand, I bought this as a replacement for my beloved Jordana Best Lash Extreme, which could not handle my move to the big city and was smudging everywhere in about half an hour.
It's only a dollar cheaper, and smudges only SLIGHTLY less, even with a primer. I'm not completely in love. Also, I was half expecting to not get a falsies look based on the other reviews, but I do love drama. This was more of what I thought would be a quick fix to my smudging, but sadly, it didn't work. This gets a solid 3 stars simply because it looks pretty good at first before it begins to run.

on 1/11/2014 6:40:00 PM

THIS! THIS THIS THIS! People who know me knows it's my holy grail products! I can't order it from elf since I don't have a credit card BUT GOSH I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT BACKUPS WHEN COULD! It gives me lenght, volume and definition without clumping! I have short to medium lenght lashes and sparse ones. When you're done, you can curl your lashes again to have more lenght, well it's my little baby and I'd buy it over and over! It's tappered at the tip, so perfect for your bottom or inner lashes. It's natural but really makes your lashes pop at the same time. If you do an ELF order soon or go at target, don't miss out and TAKE THIS YOU WON'T REGRET IT! :)

BTW: I've tried higher end ones and I like this one better!

Actually, I found other mascaras for the same price that I think work better.