August 20, 2014 | 1136 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Miracle Worker Retinoid Pads

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by jennybs99

I have really wanted to love this product. I purchased it because I have a significant amount of purplish-red spots/scars from old breakouts. I also struggle with enlarged pores. I heard that this product could help even out my skin tone and shrink my pores. I am prone to breakouts and have struggled with them since my teen years. I had gotten my skin under great control, and I did not have a single blemish on my face when I bought these. I used the pads every night for 3 weeks straight. After 5 days of use, I woke up one morning with 8 new blemishes on my face. Literally overnight, my skin completely broke out. I read that this is normal, so I continued to use the pads. After another week, the blemishes continued to come... they would come 3 or 4 at a time, every single day. After 3 weeks of use, I finally decided to stop using the product and see what happens.

I'm hoping my skin will start to settle down with discontinuation of the pads. As of now, I am attributing my excessive skin breakouts to the product. In 3 weeks of use, I don't feel like the product did anything to minimize my pores. I WILL say that I feel like the pads helped with evening out the coloring of my skin.. However, now I have a large amount of brand new acne spots and scarring to deal with from the breakouts it caused. I wish this product could have worked for me :(

***UPDATE - It has been 2 weeks since I last used the pads and my skin has cleared up. As of today, I don't have a single blemish on my face. To me, this solidifies the fact that it was the pads that made me break out. So sad :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by Dunmurry3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm 58 and got a one-week sample from Sephora. My skin just loved it, and I was so impressed I bought it. Costly, but most of the good lines for my age category are very expensive; this is less money than a lot of products. I will likely buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

Very oily and leaves a film on the skin--not a very pleasant feeling on the skin after it dries. Pads are drenched in solution so there is a ton to spread. I did my neck, chest, hands and still had solution dripping from pad. Wanted to put it back in container because it felt so wasteful to throw away the pad when it was still so saturated

Why the 2 steps to what should be a simple product? Philosophy should rethink the waste on this product. I'm not a huge environmentalist but this is a no brainer.

I doubt this ends up being a good buy in the end, and really saw no beneficial effects after using a couple of pads. Did see a little irritation. Will stick with my Neutrogena wrinkle cream for retinol--it seems to be working and for a good price.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by zimmeju

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

IF you have large pores and are prone to breakouts this might not be the best product to use. Best to stay with "Help Me" retinol. Philosophy needs to put products in pump bottles so contamination doesn't occur from dipping your fingers in it. Otherwise, Philosophy has a good line of products for every skin type.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by colleen_co

I am so sorry to have to write a bad review for these pads. I so wanted to love them. I have been using them for two weeks now, occassionally missing one day in between, but without any good results. I have, however, started breaking out along my jawline and forehead and I know it is because of these pads. They do feel oily and when you rub it into your face they are moisturizing, but I think they are too oily for my combo skin. I do not normally breakout so I know these pads are not agreeing with my skin. Also I feel for the price, around $80, these should do a lot more. I do not notice any brightening or evening out of the skintone at all. I have a sunspot that I can see no difference in. I also used the pad on the back of my left hand (and not the right) and didn't see a bit of a difference. This is just me though. I know there's tons of glowing reviews here and on QVC.com. I do have one good tip though: Cut the pads in half and they will last a whole lot longer. Using only half is still more than enough of the treatment to do your entire face, neck and hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2010 10:19:00 AM More reviews by danacca

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've seen this product on QVC many times and always wanted to try it. In just a week, I've noticed that my skin is smoother and brighter. As much as I love the product, I don't think I will buy again. This product is very expensive and will look for other alternative.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by roocat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I think I'm on to something good here. I purchased these pads 10 days ago and have used them every night with the hope and intention of removing age spots that had become so dark that I couldn't cover them anymore with my current foundation. I think I've noticed a slight lightening of the spots, but more than anything, my skin texture has improved beyond my wildest expectations. I'm almost 42 and my skin looks amazing. I have been able to switch to a fuller coverage foundation that I had to give up years ago due to the way it showed the rough texture and fine lines on my skin. It was VERY aging. Now, I'm using that foundation with success again because my skin texture is so smooth. I'm happy with what these pads have done for me so far at day ten. Even if the spots don't fade by week 8 the way Phil. promises, I've already made great strides. I can at least cover them up with a full cover foundation now. Yea!!

Try these pads. They are amazing! I hope to update with more amazing results in a couple of more months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by CarolStarr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a good thing my skin can't tolerate these for everyday use as the price is expensive, but ladies (and gents), don't let that hold you back! I had a 5 pay Easy Pay promo from QVC so I was able to get the pads on installments.

OMG, these are fantastic! I love that it is a fresh pour product and that they are anhydrous. When you are done with your face, chest, and tops of hands, the pad should be gray. That means you are taking off the dead skin.

I can't use these everyday so they will be my weekend treat. Walk don't run, to either QVC, Philosophy.com, Sephora, etc. and get a box of these pads today. The ingredients are fantastic and it's one of the most important items you can buy for your skin.

They are pricey, but worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by DFcupcake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unlike a lot of reviewers here, the major difference I saw in my skin was in pore size, particularly in my t-zone. I wouldn't say it has done "miracles" for my fine lines, but the most noticeable one on my forehead does seem to be softened. I have been using this product for about 3 months, and if I remember correctly, it takes around 6 months to see the full effects of retinoid products. I chose this one because my skin is somewhat sensitive and it is supposed to be gentler than other retinoids. I have seen no dryness, redness or flaking since I started using this product. It is kind of pricey. Also, I have found that when I am pouring on the liquid, it works well to take half the pads out, pour in half the liquid, put the rest of the pads in, and pour the remaining liquid on top. I also like to turn the whole container on its top occasionally and let it sit overnight. That seems to distribute the liquid throughout all the pads. As for the application, the pads are oily, but they feel kind of dry, which probably doesn't make sense. They have a bumpy texture, which I personally like because I feel like it exfoliates my skin. All in all I am happy with this product. I have repurchased it once already and will continue to do so.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by snack

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a big fan of Purity cleanser and some of the other Philosophy products. Unfortunately, this product (used in conjunctin with the entire Miracle Worker Line) didn't yield any noticable benefits/results after 28 days of use. Specifically, I used the Miracle Worker retinol pads as well as the accompanying MW serum and MW moisturizer.
For a yr, I've used the Philosophy Microdelivery exfoliation pads a few times a wk and can see the results - clear skin with what appears to be a more refined surface. I also like their Save Me retinol product which I use 2x a wk. My skin looks great the next morning after use. It's possible that my skin is already in good condition and not able to improve significantly (without surgical help!) thanks to the Philosophy regime that I've already adopted. This Miracle Worker product just didn't make any difference for me so it will be going back to QVC. I will continue to use my core Philosophy products.