October 25, 2014 | 1537 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Studio Shimmer Palette

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is, without a shadow of doubt, one of e.l.f.'s BEST products. And yes, I'm slowly turning into one of those self-proclaimed MU 'junkies' as well, but it's true, girls, I can easily say that this little shimmer palette has been my FAVORITE highlighting product in my entire collection for quite some time now. These pearly creams are sooo silky, they glide on the skin like a dream, and a little product goes a long way. Phenomenal. The only shade that feels a little greasy (even watery, if you will) to me, is the white shade. All the rest are fine. They are on the thin side as far as consistency, and you'd think because they have a lot of slip to them, that they would just melt or dissipate off the face within half an hour. Ohhhh no, honey. Even when I don't set them with a powder highlight, they stay in place for a good portion of the day. When blended onto the skin, they all do in fact turn out to look very similar, but I don't really have a problem with it, because they're so cheap. Even though they look the same, I use the peach one the most, and I'm almost finished with that pan. I can see these working for fair, olive, and medium toned gals, but for those with ebony skin or a couple notches lighter, I'm not sure, these may be too stark and light. I've heard otherwise, though.
Packaging gets a 5/5. Very sturdy, matte black casing that doesn't get dirty very easily (ahem, unlike NARS).
These look so natural on me, not harsh in color, not glittery, not streaky at all. In this case, I think even some higher end brands could take notes from e.l.f. This product is THAT perfect. HG for me, and always will be.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is such a fantastic product. I have many much more expensive highlighters, but I find myself reaching for this one every single day. Each of the four colors is incredibly creamy. They all blend so gorgeously. I find use for all of the colors. And when I want a particular area's highlight to last, I use this product, then top it with a matching powder.

I have a very small basket on my counter with my "every day" products, while the rest of my stash is in the drawers of my vanity, and this lives in my basket :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by hawaiigirl4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is so adorable!!! I love that there is a tiny mirror. I take this whenever I travel. Although they all kinda look white when you put it on your face.But i still love this! And it's only three bucks. I recommend this to all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

I have this and I love this....everyone should own this palette. It's easy to learn how to use and makes such a lovely difference on your face, eyes, decollete. The cream is soooo lightweight, it applies so easily to create a very sophisticated glow. It's versatile: Everyone here has listed all the ways one can apply it. I love the different shades and especially the fact that it LASTS. Go ELF!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by VAmom

Buy it if you ever use highlighter! I love it on my eyes, as a hi-light. Creamy texture, lovely colors, and a tiny bit works effectively. The case seems pretty sturdy, and the brush is useful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese.

Bought this on a whim when I ordered a few sets of the e.l.f. 32 eye palette I'm playing with right now... AND IMMEDIATELY LIKED THIS OFF THE BAT! The colors are sheer shimmers, so just a glow under the browbone (which I currently was attempting w/ the Too Faced Candlelight primer and my Benefit Highbeam is growing dust) and also gently lining my waterline with the enclosed brush.

For the waterline, being creamy, the shimmer moves to the corners of my eyes in a few hours.. so I primarily only would use this for highlighting under the browbone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by CotiOdie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great little palette for highlighting. I am pretty fair and it still looks great on my skin. During the summer months the staying power isn't as great as I'd like it to be. The brush that comes with it is useless, I mostly just use my fingertips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

OMG - where has this been all my life???? I ordered this and some other ELF items and it arrived two nights ago. I was instantly hooked. I've used two of the four shades with amazing results. I do the standard cheekbone, inner corner of the eye and brow bone and have since started placing a small amount on the middle of my eyelid. It really makes a difference! I love the consistency of the product - its very smooth and blends really well. While all the colors look similar, I assure you, they're not. The subtle differences show up once applied. This is an EXCELLENT product and I'd gladly purchase it again and again and again....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2011 12:31:00 AM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This isn't just my HG highlighter, its one of my top 3 HG cosmetic products ever!!!! And yes I am a MU junkie..so that in itself says alot. It comes in the usual black, sleek, sturdy packaging with a mirror, brush & 4 shades (white, peach, bronze,pink). Yes blended out they all look almosttt the same on my NW25 skin, but clearly as the pics show swatching on your fingertips the colors are indeed different. This perhaps will help women of ALL color, achieve a universally flattering glow. Just one swipe of anyy of the shades with my ring finger (yes lightest application even) gives the most natural luminous glow eveR! It feels like silk & thus blends like butter. It has no glitter, just a reflective shimmer with hints of silver in it. You can't really go overboard with this product and because its such a natural--pearlescent yet subtle shine, sometimes I'm fooled into thinking its my room's lights, but one step back & head tilted shows this creamy wonder working its magic!

One swipe per cheekbone + one more takes care of cupids bow and eyebrow arch.I do use my fingertips often, but since I apply foundation/cream blushes with my fingers most of the time also, I find the brush being quite helpful in keeping things less messy. And yes since discovering this product I have forever given up on my previous addictions with Benefit High Beam and MAC ccb in pearl. Not that cost alone is the sole winning component but just FYI:

E.L.F. shimmer palette $3=0.2oz
Benefit High Beam $26=0.45 oz
MAC CCB $18=.12 oz

Ummmm don't even waste any additional time by doing the complete math, go BUY this instead! Enough said.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

ELF's shimmer palette is a four pan palette containing multi-use creams. These creams can be used as highlighters, bases, blushes, eyeshadows and more. It's available on ELF's website, Target, K-Mart, Big Lots and more for $3. The colors are a pearly white, a peachy champagne, a soft gold, and a soft pink. As you can tell by the same, all of these are shimmery.
The formulation of these creams is extremely smooth. They apply easily and blend well. I get about 6 hours of wear.
I get daily use of these creams, mostly as a highlighter for my cheekbones and brow bones. This also does well as a base for blush, but can get creasy as an eyeshadow or eyeshadow base if used without a primer.
These are excellent as highlighters, as they give a really pretty, subtle glow when blended well.
The packaging of this palette is cute, sleek, and functional. The black case is sturdy and snaps closed. It comes with a small brush, but I prefer to apply these with a concealer brush and blend with my fingers. I recommend this product for a number of reasons; the ease of availability, the great price, and the quality and versatility of the product. Overall its a great value at $3.