March 1, 2015 | 1240 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Studio Shimmer Palette

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

Great palette of colors to use for highlighting one's eyes and cheekbones with. However, the product is very much on the waxy side. And, if you are acne-prone (like I am), I don't recommend using this product on a daily basis. As, it can be pore-clogging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Xdevilisious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's been ages since I wrote a review but this product is simply GOLD. I've been looking for the perfect highlighter forever and this is it. I've tried several highlighters before and i usually found everything too shimmery. I settled for MAC cream color base in hush, but the staying power in it wasn't everything.

ELF shimmer palette combines a GORGEOUS glow with amazing staying power. NO SHIMMER. Just a glorious, glorious sheen! I like the white color for my browbone and cupids bow. The gold and peach color look FAB with any MU look, the pink one is the one i like least, although it's still very nice. Packaging is very sturdy and handy. The little brush is pointless, i just use my fingers, but can be used as a mediocre lipbrush. blends beautifully!

OVERALL: i can NOT imagine not having this product anymore! All my other highlighters (which were alot more expensive...) are not used at all anymore. For me it's this, and only this. Get this if you want a great, subtle, natural looking highlighter which really makes a difference in your make up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is, without a shadow of doubt, one of e.l.f.'s BEST products. And yes, I'm slowly turning into one of those self-proclaimed MU 'junkies' as well, but it's true, girls, I can easily say that this little shimmer palette has been my FAVORITE highlighting product in my entire collection for quite some time now. These pearly creams are sooo silky, they glide on the skin like a dream, and a little product goes a long way. Phenomenal. The only shade that feels a little greasy (even watery, if you will) to me, is the white shade. All the rest are fine. They are on the thin side as far as consistency, and you'd think because they have a lot of slip to them, that they would just melt or dissipate off the face within half an hour. Ohhhh no, honey. Even when I don't set them with a powder highlight, they stay in place for a good portion of the day. When blended onto the skin, they all do in fact turn out to look very similar, but I don't really have a problem with it, because they're so cheap. Even though they look the same, I use the peach one the most, and I'm almost finished with that pan. I can see these working for fair, olive, and medium toned gals, but for those with ebony skin or a couple notches lighter, I'm not sure, these may be too stark and light. I've heard otherwise, though.
Packaging gets a 5/5. Very sturdy, matte black casing that doesn't get dirty very easily (ahem, unlike NARS).
These look so natural on me, not harsh in color, not glittery, not streaky at all. In this case, I think even some higher end brands could take notes from e.l.f. This product is THAT perfect. HG for me, and always will be.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is such a fantastic product. I have many much more expensive highlighters, but I find myself reaching for this one every single day. Each of the four colors is incredibly creamy. They all blend so gorgeously. I find use for all of the colors. And when I want a particular area's highlight to last, I use this product, then top it with a matching powder.

I have a very small basket on my counter with my "every day" products, while the rest of my stash is in the drawers of my vanity, and this lives in my basket :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by hawaiigirl4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is so adorable!!! I love that there is a tiny mirror. I take this whenever I travel. Although they all kinda look white when you put it on your face.But i still love this! And it's only three bucks. I recommend this to all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

I have this and I love this....everyone should own this palette. It's easy to learn how to use and makes such a lovely difference on your face, eyes, decollete. The cream is soooo lightweight, it applies so easily to create a very sophisticated glow. It's versatile: Everyone here has listed all the ways one can apply it. I love the different shades and especially the fact that it LASTS. Go ELF!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by VAmom

Buy it if you ever use highlighter! I love it on my eyes, as a hi-light. Creamy texture, lovely colors, and a tiny bit works effectively. The case seems pretty sturdy, and the brush is useful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese.

Bought this on a whim when I ordered a few sets of the e.l.f. 32 eye palette I'm playing with right now... AND IMMEDIATELY LIKED THIS OFF THE BAT! The colors are sheer shimmers, so just a glow under the browbone (which I currently was attempting w/ the Too Faced Candlelight primer and my Benefit Highbeam is growing dust) and also gently lining my waterline with the enclosed brush.

For the waterline, being creamy, the shimmer moves to the corners of my eyes in a few hours.. so I primarily only would use this for highlighting under the browbone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by CotiOdie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great little palette for highlighting. I am pretty fair and it still looks great on my skin. During the summer months the staying power isn't as great as I'd like it to be. The brush that comes with it is useless, I mostly just use my fingertips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

OMG - where has this been all my life???? I ordered this and some other ELF items and it arrived two nights ago. I was instantly hooked. I've used two of the four shades with amazing results. I do the standard cheekbone, inner corner of the eye and brow bone and have since started placing a small amount on the middle of my eyelid. It really makes a difference! I love the consistency of the product - its very smooth and blends really well. While all the colors look similar, I assure you, they're not. The subtle differences show up once applied. This is an EXCELLENT product and I'd gladly purchase it again and again and again....