December 21, 2014 | 1798 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by kimmington

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the best brushes I've ever used! I use it to apply liquid foundation, and it gives my usually unruly skin an incredibly smooth, airbrushed finish. It doesn't leave any streaks and gets into the creases around your nose, which is usually impossible for me to cover properly. I find I use a lot less foundation with this brush (I was seriously surprised/impressed by how much it covered when I just dabbed it in a tiny bit of foundation) but still achieve good coverage. It's amazing!

It does shed a bit at first, but after washing it a couple of times it stops. I would definitely buy it again but I don't think I'll need to, as every MAC brush I have used has been of incredible quality and I have yet to replace a single one (my first brush I bought 10 years ago and is in perfect condition). Definitely worth the purchase/investment, and I highly recommend this brush to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Juliasyji

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this brush! It's dense and short but makes foundation application so fast and so easy. I like using this on clients when I'm in a pinch and need a fast flawless finish. the buffing and blending time is significantly shortened with this brush and cleaning this brush is so much easier than the other foundation brushes. This is my go-to foundation brush and i have at least 3 in my kit!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this brush. Up until I purchased the #130, I tried countless brushes. They either shed terribly or were streaky. I love the #130 because I can use it for stippling with my foundation, or contouring mineralized skin finish to better define my cheekbones. This brush is NOT cheap, IMO, but a fantastic investment and a must-have for anyone hoping to achieve a smooth, lovely complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by 1happytrader10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am torn, this thing still sheds after two years of daily use, but I love the airbrushed finish my foundation gets from using it. I would buy again because it makes me use less product and finishes well, but that is of course after plucking all the black hairs off of my face!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by DottySarah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this brush for my MUFA foundation which DRIES REALLY QUICKLY. Great STIPPLING, great BUFFING and the result is a kinda AIRBRUSHED feel because i dont see my pores anymore;) It doesnt take more product than my other brushes did and goes in all nooks and crannies other brushes didnt. Takes a little more time though but its worth it. I can build up and VARY COVERAGE without my face looking packed on.

Salesperson told me to always clean and let DRY ON THE SIDE because drying vertically will result in water collecting and damaging the base where the bristles are.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I love this brush. It is great for stippling foundation or blush (a multi tasker). It's like if the 109 size came in the 187 skunk form. I also like how I can vary my coverage with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by meganterese

I use this brush with the compact mineralize foundation and I LOVE it. I like how much of the product it grabs--a minimal amount. I can build up on foundation if I want a sheer coverage or a little heavier. It's very soft and I give it a gentle cleaning everyday with the MAC brush cleaner, and after 6 months of use it is still like new. This is my favorite face brush for applying foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by mrshighlander07

I had the 190 Foundation brush, which got stolen! I was so devastated but when I was introduced to this brush...I can't live a day without it! I love how you can use it on everything: liquid foundation, to blend out your concealer, apply powder base AND cream products! Such a total must have!
As a beginner, you may find yourself wanting the either 187 or 188 brush because of the bristles making a larger circular range of motion, but with this brush, you're able to control the amount of product on your face.
This is a daily must use for me whether I apply my liquid or powder foundation.

P.S.
Hope my review helps!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Astrida5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush a couple of days ago and i love it so much! It's great for foundation application around the nose and eye area. It's a little bit pricey but definetely worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this at the CCO for either $28 or $29- super duper score! I should have gotten 2.
Several months ago, I got the SE version of this brush in a holiday set. The brush was s-so. It didn't really blend anything, the bristles had very little movement. But, a makeup artist whose work I follow, swears by this brush. And, her foundation work is amazing.

So, while at the the CCO I snapped this baby up. And I'm so glad I did. This brush just glides across my skin and blends liquid foundation perfectly. I like it better than the 187 and 188 (which is way too flimsy) because the brush is small enough to actually do blending work on the face and stiff enough to actually control the brush.

My brush doesn't shed or bleed dye, so I guess I lucked out.