July 28, 2014 | 1733 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by 1happytrader10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am torn, this thing still sheds after two years of daily use, but I love the airbrushed finish my foundation gets from using it. I would buy again because it makes me use less product and finishes well, but that is of course after plucking all the black hairs off of my face!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by DottySarah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this brush for my MUFA foundation which DRIES REALLY QUICKLY. Great STIPPLING, great BUFFING and the result is a kinda AIRBRUSHED feel because i dont see my pores anymore;) It doesnt take more product than my other brushes did and goes in all nooks and crannies other brushes didnt. Takes a little more time though but its worth it. I can build up and VARY COVERAGE without my face looking packed on.

Salesperson told me to always clean and let DRY ON THE SIDE because drying vertically will result in water collecting and damaging the base where the bristles are.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I love this brush. It is great for stippling foundation or blush (a multi tasker). It's like if the 109 size came in the 187 skunk form. I also like how I can vary my coverage with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by meganterese

I use this brush with the compact mineralize foundation and I LOVE it. I like how much of the product it grabs--a minimal amount. I can build up on foundation if I want a sheer coverage or a little heavier. It's very soft and I give it a gentle cleaning everyday with the MAC brush cleaner, and after 6 months of use it is still like new. This is my favorite face brush for applying foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by mrshighlander07

I had the 190 Foundation brush, which got stolen! I was so devastated but when I was introduced to this brush...I can't live a day without it! I love how you can use it on everything: liquid foundation, to blend out your concealer, apply powder base AND cream products! Such a total must have!
As a beginner, you may find yourself wanting the either 187 or 188 brush because of the bristles making a larger circular range of motion, but with this brush, you're able to control the amount of product on your face.
This is a daily must use for me whether I apply my liquid or powder foundation.

P.S.
Hope my review helps!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Astrida5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this brush a couple of days ago and i love it so much! It's great for foundation application around the nose and eye area. It's a little bit pricey but definetely worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this at the CCO for either $28 or $29- super duper score! I should have gotten 2.
Several months ago, I got the SE version of this brush in a holiday set. The brush was s-so. It didn't really blend anything, the bristles had very little movement. But, a makeup artist whose work I follow, swears by this brush. And, her foundation work is amazing.

So, while at the the CCO I snapped this baby up. And I'm so glad I did. This brush just glides across my skin and blends liquid foundation perfectly. I like it better than the 187 and 188 (which is way too flimsy) because the brush is small enough to actually do blending work on the face and stiff enough to actually control the brush.

My brush doesn't shed or bleed dye, so I guess I lucked out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Ellety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this #130 duo fibre brush as a SE set during the Holiday 2011 season. It has a clear glittered short handle. This set was made in China and most of the brushes don't compare to their full-lengthed counterparts.

I was surprised how useful the #130 SE brush was for me. I love how densely packed the bristles are. The brush holds its shape as a stippling tool.

I use it to touch up small areas with MAC skinfinish powder before I use an all-over face brush. Also, I tend to use it to lightly disperse highly-pigmented shadows as a highlighter, then blend it in with my blush brush.

Definitely a staple! This made the SE set worth buying! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 6:06:00 AM More reviews by staygold13

I am IN LOVE with this brush. It is more dense, short and stubby than most similar brushes and it makes a huge difference.

For those of you having trouble with it please do not give up. Give your brush a good wash, leave overnight then try again.
I would not recommend using this to apply foundation (except maybe a cream compact formulation - i haven't tried personally) instead apply liquid foundation with usual foundation brush or sponge then use the #130 to buff. Start with really light circular motions and buff outwards over product covered face. Great for blending into hairline and small enough to go in under the eyes and around nose. Don't allow product to build up into the brush just go over the face. It might take a little practice but it makes a huge difference to the finish of your foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this adorable little brush with my new Matchmaster foundation and it is just wonderful! Can't say enough about it. Applies my foundation in the most perfect way, and blends it wonderfully. The best part about it is that it is synthetic, so my foundation washes out of it completely. Highly recommended for liquid foundation lovers!