Sleek Storm Palette

4.4

on 5/5/2013 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

definitely a good neutral palette. The ES are soft, easy to blend and quite pigmented. Like most drugstore palettes the matte shades are the weak link. And you also a get some fallout but it's nothing a primer can't fix. I find the wear time good. Overall this is a good buy.

on 4/28/2013 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I don't think this is a bad product, I'm just a bit underwhelmed. This was recommended by my favourite YouTube makeup guru as the ideal alternative to UD Naked, but that only led me to the conclusion that Naked must be pretty "meh" too, then.

I was surprised that it's really quite small, each eyeshadow is only about 2cm (UK: like a 1p coin) in diameter and the whole palette is probably 15cm long. I don't have a problem with that, just be aware that you don't get TONS of product.

The dark shadows are indeed very pigmented, but I don't think they blend very well and they fade quickly with wear. I haven't tried with primer yet though. All but two shades are (very!) glittery, so stay away if that's not your thing.

I think this is a good buy for beginners or for experimenting, especially for the price, as I wouldn't have bought for example a dark green shadow on its own, but now I quite like it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've had the Storm palette (as well as the Original and V2 palettes) for almost a year now and to be honest, I haven't felt the need to purchase any high-end ones like MAC or Inglot. (Although I am saving for a little Inglot Freedom System palette!)

Makeup is so expensive in Australia and so to get an amazing palette like this at $10 (plus a few dollars shipping) is just awesome! The pigmentation, texture and longevity of these shadows are soo good! Eyeshadows always crease on my because of my hooded and oily lids, but with a primer, the Sleek palettes last a good 8 hours with very minimal creasing!

If you want to see a bit more of an in-depth review and swatches of all three palettes I own, check out my blog post!

on 3/30/2013 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I jumped on the Sleek bandwagon and got the Storm palette because I knew I'd use these colours more often than not.
My order shipped very quickly and it arrived within a week's time without any damage to the goods.

The texture of the eyeshadows is soft and the pigment is okay. If you want the colour to really show then you'll need to apply the shadow a few times. The longevity is reasonable and comparable to the other shadows I use. (MAC, LORAC, BB, TM)

I didn't notice too much fallout and the shimmer isn't too bad. Overall, I'm satisfied with my first Sleek purchase.

I literally can't think of anything bad to say about this palette. Theres a great range of neutrals and darkened colors. It makes it easy to make a simple smokey eye, or play up a little bit of color without getting too intense and vibrant. The colors have great pigmentation to them, and apply like a dream. So velvety and smooth to apply and blend!

on 11/10/2012 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have NC20-25 skin- I was hoping that this would be a good palette for me but like most of their prior eyeshadow palettes the shadows are visbly poor quality when applied either too matte which must be layered or just metallic shine (can look a little dated)- but good value for money if you like the finish..Ill stick to MAC for now.

This is probably my most versatile and wearable eyeshadow palette. It has just the right combination of neutral and smoky colours, and I love the two matte shadows in it. I can even use the darker matte shade that is second from bottom right to to fill in my brows. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

on 9/11/2012 10:52:00 AM

Fantastic product, fantastic price. In fact, its worth it just for one colour...the black. I cant tell you just how brilliant this eyeshadow is, excellent colour payoff, better than most expensive brands, I cant believe how cheap this is to buy. I read reviews on this before I bought it and everyone was going on about how good the black is, I thought yeah yeah, but they were right! I love my urban decay naked 2 palette, which is my fave at the moment, but I go to my sleek palette for the black, it is in a league of its own.

on 8/3/2012 1:32:00 AM

I was lured to buy this palette from ebay after read some bloggers review. But I am disappointed. The colors look good in the palette, but they are messy on my lids. Only after 1 hr of applying them, they mixed together and look miserable. Seems its quality is not good enough to make the eyeshadow stay stable on the lids. For this reason, I won't buy it again.

on 7/12/2012 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Never in my life did I think that I'd find budget eyeshadows that are comparable to MAC. The shadows are so gorgeous and pigmented, and they don't crease. I'm not really a big fan of shimmers, and this palette has a lot of shimmery eyeshadows except for three mattes. I only use the matte shades, but I don't see that as a loss or anything because the price of the palette is sooo cheap considering on what you get! Heck, I would've still bought this palette if it was instead a three-shadow palette for the same price. Haha, I still cannot believe that I discovered these eyeshadows that are similar to MACs. I still prefer MAC eyeshadows a tiny bit more, but if you have a small pocket like mine, then this palette is a must-have! It's sooo worth it, especially if you're into shimmers. With this palette you can do every-day looks and evening looks. It's really useful for travel too, because there's a mirror and brush inside the palette. Perfect if you want to apply makeup on the plane or just want to "touch up" your makeup a bit!

Popular Palettes