October 21, 2014 | 975 users online

Palettes - Sleek - Storm Palette

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I jumped on the Sleek bandwagon and got the Storm palette because I knew I'd use these colours more often than not.
My order shipped very quickly and it arrived within a week's time without any damage to the goods.

The texture of the eyeshadows is soft and the pigment is okay. If you want the colour to really show then you'll need to apply the shadow a few times. The longevity is reasonable and comparable to the other shadows I use. (MAC, LORAC, BB, TM)

I didn't notice too much fallout and the shimmer isn't too bad. Overall, I'm satisfied with my first Sleek purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ToriBiohazard

I literally can't think of anything bad to say about this palette. Theres a great range of neutrals and darkened colors. It makes it easy to make a simple smokey eye, or play up a little bit of color without getting too intense and vibrant. The colors have great pigmentation to them, and apply like a dream. So velvety and smooth to apply and blend!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by shopaholick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have NC20-25 skin- I was hoping that this would be a good palette for me but like most of their prior eyeshadow palettes the shadows are visbly poor quality when applied either too matte which must be layered or just metallic shine (can look a little dated)- but good value for money if you like the finish..Ill stick to MAC for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by thelaziestKitty

This is probably my most versatile and wearable eyeshadow palette. It has just the right combination of neutral and smoky colours, and I love the two matte shadows in it. I can even use the darker matte shade that is second from bottom right to to fill in my brows. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by TattooFlo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fantastic product, fantastic price. In fact, its worth it just for one colour...the black. I cant tell you just how brilliant this eyeshadow is, excellent colour payoff, better than most expensive brands, I cant believe how cheap this is to buy. I read reviews on this before I bought it and everyone was going on about how good the black is, I thought yeah yeah, but they were right! I love my urban decay naked 2 palette, which is my fave at the moment, but I go to my sleek palette for the black, it is in a league of its own.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by thatbub

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was lured to buy this palette from ebay after read some bloggers review. But I am disappointed. The colors look good in the palette, but they are messy on my lids. Only after 1 hr of applying them, they mixed together and look miserable. Seems its quality is not good enough to make the eyeshadow stay stable on the lids. For this reason, I won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by auee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Never in my life did I think that I'd find budget eyeshadows that are comparable to MAC. The shadows are so gorgeous and pigmented, and they don't crease. I'm not really a big fan of shimmers, and this palette has a lot of shimmery eyeshadows except for three mattes. I only use the matte shades, but I don't see that as a loss or anything because the price of the palette is sooo cheap considering on what you get! Heck, I would've still bought this palette if it was instead a three-shadow palette for the same price. Haha, I still cannot believe that I discovered these eyeshadows that are similar to MACs. I still prefer MAC eyeshadows a tiny bit more, but if you have a small pocket like mine, then this palette is a must-have! It's sooo worth it, especially if you're into shimmers. With this palette you can do every-day looks and evening looks. It's really useful for travel too, because there's a mirror and brush inside the palette. Perfect if you want to apply makeup on the plane or just want to "touch up" your makeup a bit!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

absolutely wonderful palette!
every colour you could possibly ever need is in here! i have gone 1 whole week in a row using just this palette everyday. it has any colour to suit any mood, and most importantly, it has a matte black, a matte tan and a matte brown. these colours are so useful and such staples, the black for real definition and the matte browns for blending. also the highlight shade is stunning. in fact all the colours are stunning and super buttery and pigmented. it's not surprising that everywhere i go, this is always sold out! this was the last one they had in the shop stock drawer, and even though one of the colours was chipped, i still took it!
i also think 'Storm' is the perfect name for this, because when you create a complex look with this (especially if you've used any of the blue shades), your eyes really do take on that stormy sultriness.
one of the main reasons i love this palette, is that i can create sooo many different looks with this, and it brings out my creativity. even in the morning when i am in a rush, i just open this and i can quickly dip around to create a really elaborate look. especially for me because i haven't depotted any of my MAC shadows, so even if i want to create a simple look, when i am in a rush, i still have to fiddle around with all the different little MAC pots just to find the colours i'm looking for.
the lasting power of the colours is also really good! i'm just going to go over a few cons now for review's sake.
cons:
* the colours are very soft and easily break, create fallout during application and are really easily dented.
* there is no very dark matte brown. the darkest matte brown is only semi-opaque. better for blending than packing on.
* most the colours are not very buildable and it's easy to put too much on sometimes.
that's it!
this is definitely worth a try!
would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Taralovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this palette.I bought it just over a week ago and i wear it everyday. The colours are so pigmented. The price for this palette is AMAZING. I'm gonna try more of sleek's palette because their products are just great. I recommend this for people who are on a budget and also people who likes nice pigmented eyeshadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Vadzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Sleek products in general, great quality brand and at such good prices! I bought the Storm palette after swatching the colours, great shade range with a mix of matte and shimmer. Theres a great neutral lid colour, a matte dark brown for the crease and a shimmery gold highlight colour too. I travel a lot and this is the only palette I take with me because it has a great range of colours suitable for any look. Sleek eyeshadow palettes are my favourite, theyre pigmented and so smooth. I also own Bad Girl and Ooh La La palettes, I highly reccomend them and tell all my friends to buy them!