Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Matte Lipstick in 901B Think Pink

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm really quite surprised by how much I am loving this lipstick, especially since it costs $1.99 at my CVS when not on sale (and I got it on sale, and had a coupon on top of that for a grand total of .50).

Think Pink is a pale, milky pink color that reminds me a bit of strawberry ice cream. The photo another reviewer uploaded on here is pretty spot-on. I wouldn't call it a universally flattering shade, but I like it with my very pale, cool-bordering-on-neutral skin (no MAC reference, but if it helps I usually wear Alima foundation in Neutral 1).

The product itself is VERY pigmented and goes on pretty smooth for a matte lipstick. I find it a bit too drying on its' own and it can also sink into lines and/or emphasize flakes so I make sure my lips are exfoliated and moisturized before applying - not a big deal to me, since I typically do this anyway, but down one lippie for the extra effort. With just a bit of a non-shiny lip balm underneath this lipstick looks great and still matte and lasts a pretty long time. It passed the not-coming-off-on-SO test for normal, kiss goodbye, kind of kissing. I imagine that it would come off completely during a full-on makeout session but I've never heard of a lipstick that wouldn't.

If this were an expensive product, I'd probably criticize it for not being more moisturizing and being in such a chintzy package (note: the lipstick does not twist down all the way so until about a quarter inch of product has been used, you'll risk nicking the lippie when putting the cap back on) - but at such a cheap price I really don't mind needing lip balm underneath and could care less about the tube.

I would certainly recommend this lipstick if the color works for you and would buy again. I purchased a couple other shades from the same line and after this, I can't wait to try them out.

on 7/21/2013 12:46:00 AM

I bought this because I read that it was a dupe for Mac's Angel lipstick. It's a bright, medium pink color that could probably suit a wide variety of skin tones. While it's very similar to Angel, I find that 901B a little brighter but because of its matte finish, it gives you more options (you can wear a lipgloss over it or wear it alone for a more subtle look). Didn't dry out my lips at all and lasted for a few hours. Definitely a good deal for the price.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

a beautiful bright pink lipstick. Sort of reminds me of st.germain from mac or maybe pink nouveau!

I had gotten this at Walgreens for $2, like most reviewers have stated. I say it has great pigmentation for $2. IMO I think it has a gritty feel. its buildable. To me it was a bit hard to apply because it dragged just a little bit on my lips. It isn't the creamiest lipstick on the market, but for $2 ,you can't go wrong.

on 5/19/2013 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Update: I love this lipstick now.This pink is on the warmer side and more yellow based. its a nudey pink. It will look good on skintones who have yellow or golden undertones. It's like a pasty warm pink. Think pink cotton candy. I have a lipgloss that goes really well with this. I use bonnebell's strawberry parfait gloss over it and it creates this beautiful shade. The texture of this lipstick is matte and can be a little drying. For the price its a good deal if you come to like the color.

My favorite babydoll pink. It's like YSL Pink Lingerie but less chalky looking. I love this so much I have one at home and one in my purse.
If you have dry lips, exfoliate them then moisturize before applying this. As with any matte/lighter lipstick, it will accentuate flaws.
But man is it ever sexy!

on 5/14/2013 4:30:00 PM

I purchased this after a beauty guru on YouTube highly recommended it. I must say, I was very disappointed with it. It is very tacky/sticky and just lays on top of the lips. It doesn't seem to really absorb into the lips. My lips are a little on the flaky side, so after I tried it and noticed all the darn flakes on my lips clumping, I took the lipstick off, exfoliated my lips and tried again. It still came out looking very cheap. I guess that's what you get with a $2 lipstick.

on 4/25/2013 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a great pale matte pink with a mod vibe! It can be a difficult color to pull off and would probably usually best suit those with tanned or dark skin. I have brown hair, pale skin, and wear black-framed glasses though, and ADORE the mod nude look it gives. Also, I really like the contrast when paired with smoky eyes. Application is a bit chalky, so I highly recommend applying it over a thin layer of lip balm, which makes it much smoother and also helps a little bit with the dryness. Also, you can try using a clear lip gloss over it. No scent, no taste, decent wear time = bonus. I'm digging this W'n'W line of lipsticks—for those on a small budget, at about $2 a pop at a drugstore, it's insanely cheap.

This lipstick is my dirty little secret. With my liner and gloss my lips really pop. I have plenty of Mac lipstick but this is the one I use when trying to catch a guy

on 4/2/2013 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love the price and matte finish of this lipstick. The color is cute but on my fair skin it washes me out a bit and tends to make my teeth look yellow. I combat this by just dabbing the color on with my finger over a pink lip balm. The formula is nice but can look chalky if applied wrong. Overall for the price (I got mine for $1!) I really can't complain! I did go back and pick up other colors (smokin hot pink, dollhouse pink & red velvet) and I was much more satisfied with the colors on those.

Popular Lipsticks