St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient Salicylic Acid 2% Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Propylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Hydroxide, Menthyl Lactate, PEG-150 Distearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenethyl Alcohol, Limonene, PPG-2 Methyl Ether, Linalool, Epilobium Angustifolium Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Ascorphyllum Nodosum Extract, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Methylisothiazolinone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Yeast Extract (Faex, Extrait De Levure), Green 5 (Ci 61570), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140), Red 4 (Ci 14700), Red 33 (Ci 17200), Blue 1 (Ci 42090).

on 2/28/2013 9:36:00 PM

I will literally try anything that has green tea in it because i believe that it has amazing anti- inflammatory properties and soothes any redness. I was very excited when i first purchased this but i didn't experience the best results. I rate this product a 3/5 because:
it is not very moisturizing, dried my skin out, is not fragrance free, and cannot be used daily (although it claims you can). On a positive note, it does exfoliate my skin very well and sloughs off any dead skin cells. I bought this at Walmart in the travel section so it was only about $2- when i'm unsure about a product I always buy the travel sizes to test it before buying the big size haha.

on 2/14/2013 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this product for a couple months now and it has done an amazing job on my skin. I usually dont break out that much but when I do I want to get rid of it very quickly. When I saw this at the store I was very scared that it would not work. ( Like I usually am with face products.) I just finished my first bottle of this and WOW I think I'm in love. I can not get enough! My face feels so soft and smooth now and my forehead (where I get most of the pimples) is cleared up soooooooo good. Even the scars from the acne I had on my forehead are faded. Anyone who has very light acne should get this! wonderful product right here!!! :)

on 1/30/2013 2:04:00 PM

I gave this product a try when my Neutrogena fresh foaming face wash ran out and this st. Ive's was soooo much cheaper. Big mistake. This product made me some-what under control acne flair up. I have been trying to get my skin back to normal ever since.I never should have stopped using the fresh foaming face wash (which i highly recommend).

on 12/23/2012 10:52:00 PM

This is great at removing oil and all around cleaning your face. Just gentle enough. However I didn't really notice any reduced redness. This is a great basic cleanser. Really calms my skin.

Oh, how I wanted to love this product *sigh*
Green tea for calming my redness, salicylic acid to help prevent breakouts and easily found for a decent price at any drugstore? Sounded too good to be true... and it was.

I really should have know better. Even IF this cleanser didn't contain several irritating ingredients (which it does), neither one of the main "active" ingredients have enough contact with skin while cleansing to do much of anything.

It would have been no big deal if I felt it didn't really work but it actually caused my mild rosacea to flare up and made my oily skin appear much more oily right after washing. Yuck.

Would not repurchase, although they green tea scrub by st ives is nice, I use it once or twice a week for exfoliation and it's much gentler than their apricot scrubs and not as creamy so it's better for oily skin.

Quite a nice cleanser, very gentle and I just love green tea so much. I clean well but maybe too gentle for a deep clean. The package bottle is kind of depressing. My cleanser bottle broke before i finish the bottle and .... sadly liquid came out and ... funny

This thing is a no go, I got this like a year ago and used it and placed it behind my counter and till summer 2012 I found this product again behind my counter and figured out why it's in the very back. This does not do anything to your face. Like I am so serious, all this does is sit on your face until you wash it off . It doesn't clear breakouts or reduce redness . And trust me I have alot (AND I MEAN ALOT) of breakouts and redness and this dosent do a single thing. I can't stress you enough to not buy it. Just don't it's a waste of money.

on 9/15/2012 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I absolute adore the smell! It's refreshing and really soothing. I've only started using it recently, but it's been great so far. Like other reviews have said, it is a bit drying. It leaves my nose a little flakey, but since I use moisturizer, it isn't much of a problem.

on 8/25/2012 1:17:00 PM

I think this is slightly different from what I got, but it wasn't the scrub so I'm assuming what I got and this are similar (I think I got the gel instead of the foamer). I love the smell a lot, but it really didn't do anything for my skin. It did reduce redness, but it also dried my skin out a little. I know it works for some people, but not for me.

on 7/4/2012 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Horrible cleanser! Ugh!! I bought it because I know green tea is good for your skin. But this junk. It foams up too much and got into my nose. Since it has salicylic acid, you shouldn't use around the eye area. So miss prouduct for me. :/