January 26, 2015 | 1543 users online

Cleansers - St. Ives - Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Yazmeen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

St. Ives NATURALLY CLEAR Green Tea Cleanser. Clears breakouts and reduces redness. Oil-free with salicylic acid acne treatment with 100% NATURAL GREEN TEA. I really wanted to like this product. I mean it had all the good stuff right? Oil free with green tea, salicylic acid etc. God knows how much i wanted to like it.

When I got home at night after getting this i immediately used it. It kind of stung a bit and i didn't like the smell. It got into my mouth a little bit and the taste is HORRIBLE. Stings my eyes easily too. The next day i didn't notice much difference. I said to myself 'only the 1st day'. As it became a part of my everyday skin care routine... it made my skin really itchy, broke me out horrendously, it was horrible. I still thought it was a good product because i REALLY wanted to like it. I thought it was just my skin getting used to it.

I used it for about two months or so and it did not help my skin clear at all. heck it did the opposite of that. every time i used it i groaned to myself. Washing your face with this product was not a fun experience since it stings, smells horrible and made no difference to my skin. Finally, i stopped using this and bought my all time favorite Seba Med Foaming cleanser and my skin cleared out! Sorry St. Ives really wanted to love this product. I will not buy this again considering that i still have my first bottle and its got a little bit left. Maybe If i have the guts i'll try it again but i doubt it will make any difference.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

I will literally try anything that has green tea in it because i believe that it has amazing anti- inflammatory properties and soothes any redness. I was very excited when i first purchased this but i didn't experience the best results. I rate this product a 3/5 because:
it is not very moisturizing, dried my skin out, is not fragrance free, and cannot be used daily (although it claims you can). On a positive note, it does exfoliate my skin very well and sloughs off any dead skin cells. I bought this at Walmart in the travel section so it was only about $2- when i'm unsure about a product I always buy the travel sizes to test it before buying the big size haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by onesunnyday88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for a couple months now and it has done an amazing job on my skin. I usually dont break out that much but when I do I want to get rid of it very quickly. When I saw this at the store I was very scared that it would not work. ( Like I usually am with face products.) I just finished my first bottle of this and WOW I think I'm in love. I can not get enough! My face feels so soft and smooth now and my forehead (where I get most of the pimples) is cleared up soooooooo good. Even the scars from the acne I had on my forehead are faded. Anyone who has very light acne should get this! wonderful product right here!!! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by mcinermk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I gave this product a try when my Neutrogena fresh foaming face wash ran out and this st. Ive's was soooo much cheaper. Big mistake. This product made me some-what under control acne flair up. I have been trying to get my skin back to normal ever since.I never should have stopped using the fresh foaming face wash (which i highly recommend).

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by allthesparkle

This is great at removing oil and all around cleaning your face. Just gentle enough. However I didn't really notice any reduced redness. This is a great basic cleanser. Really calms my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh, how I wanted to love this product *sigh*
Green tea for calming my redness, salicylic acid to help prevent breakouts and easily found for a decent price at any drugstore? Sounded too good to be true... and it was.

I really should have know better. Even IF this cleanser didn't contain several irritating ingredients (which it does), neither one of the main "active" ingredients have enough contact with skin while cleansing to do much of anything.

It would have been no big deal if I felt it didn't really work but it actually caused my mild rosacea to flare up and made my oily skin appear much more oily right after washing. Yuck.

Would not repurchase, although they green tea scrub by st ives is nice, I use it once or twice a week for exfoliation and it's much gentler than their apricot scrubs and not as creamy so it's better for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by truongtuyetlinh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Quite a nice cleanser, very gentle and I just love green tea so much. I clean well but maybe too gentle for a deep clean. The package bottle is kind of depressing. My cleanser bottle broke before i finish the bottle and .... sadly liquid came out and ... funny

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Cindyohsoglamorous

This thing is a no go, I got this like a year ago and used it and placed it behind my counter and till summer 2012 I found this product again behind my counter and figured out why it's in the very back. This does not do anything to your face. Like I am so serious, all this does is sit on your face until you wash it off . It doesn't clear breakouts or reduce redness . And trust me I have alot (AND I MEAN ALOT) of breakouts and redness and this dosent do a single thing. I can't stress you enough to not buy it. Just don't it's a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Apricotta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolute adore the smell! It's refreshing and really soothing. I've only started using it recently, but it's been great so far. Like other reviews have said, it is a bit drying. It leaves my nose a little flakey, but since I use moisturizer, it isn't much of a problem.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by FallenWish

I think this is slightly different from what I got, but it wasn't the scrub so I'm assuming what I got and this are similar (I think I got the gel instead of the foamer). I love the smell a lot, but it really didn't do anything for my skin. It did reduce redness, but it also dried my skin out a little. I know it works for some people, but not for me.