Wet 'n' Wild Mega Last Lipstick

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A few days ago I bought Megalast Lipstick for the very first time in Rosebud and I had it on for about 5 hours until I ate something and it didn't feel that dry and it didn't cause any dry cracks and lines on my lips so I thought the formula was fine. I also had got a few other colors and they did dry my lips some and caused a little peeling skin and lip cracks I hadn't had before using these lipsticks but I hoped that if I started to use Chapstick this would prevent this,and today I exchanged the Purty Permisonn which was too bright and had more of a blue cool tone on me,(even though most women describe this color as a warm orange type color,) and I got Sandstorm instead which is a warm reddish,brown,orange pretty color on me,and I had been wearing all of these colors with no lip balm at all.

So today I bought Chapstick after I wore the Sandstorm for 2 hours without any,and after I took it off, I put Chapstick on first and then put on the Sandstorm again,and it felt nice and moisturizing,but then about an hour later it still started to feel dry,and when I looked in the mirror,my lips had all of these cracks and lines and flaking skin that I never had before! The colors are really pretty,but it's just not worth it to get dry cracked lips from it! I don't like goopy,greasy lip gloss on my lips either,but it's still much better than this! When lips have moisturizing lip sticks,lip balms,or gloss on,they look younger and fuller,but when they are dry and cracked they look unattractive,thinner and older!

There are other long lasting lipsticks by other brands that don't dry out your lips,like NYC Expert Last Lipstick etc.I only have ever used a few lipstains,and many women say that they can dry lips too,but I never experienced anything like this wearing them for hours! Wet n Wild really needs to improve this formula and add more moisturizers and somehow make this lipstick with less of whatever ingredient(s) cause such dryness and cracking!

Also, while not long lasting,LA Colors has very pretty,moisturizing lipsticks for only a dollar at Dollar Tree and Dollar General.

on 3/30/2015 10:13:00 AM

I own several of these. They are not my first grab. I actually leave 2 of these 902C (Bare it all) and 907C (Mauve outta here) in my desk drawer in case I forget my lipstick at home. These are true mattes dry dry dry. So if your lips are flaky or chapped these are not going to be pretty. They will last though which is great if you don't have time to re-apply . For the price they are a pretty good alternative and I have seen several you tube dupe videos that a lot of these lippies are close dupes for the more expensive MAC. The one thing I HATE about these is the packaging. The product is far above the tube, the cap is narrow which makes it hard not to clip the lippy while removing or replacing the cap and not nicking the product. But WnW are not overly good about packing because they need to cut corners somewhere but for those that it might bug, pass it by.

on 3/30/2015 9:53:00 AM

Update: So I went to Walgreen's to shop for more shades, and discovered the packaging for these matte lipsticks has changed, and so I have no idea whether or not the formula has changed. When I buy one of these in the new incarnation, I will edit my earlier review.

First review: Agree that this is an amazing product for the price. I love matte lipsticks that don't smear all over my face, that don't emphasize lip lines, that leave a stain where I want it so that, as it begins to wear off, I don't look washed out by pale lips with an icky red outline. If you want moisturizing, super glossy, etc., don't even consider these. If you like a stays-put, richly pigmented lipstick, give this a try. I love 912C and 915B, and intend to try the even more neutral shades, based on other MUA reviewers' recommendations. At the price, not a heart breaker if the color doesn't work.

on 3/19/2015 6:17:00 PM

I bought eight of these today because they are dirt cheap and I've been a little lipstick obsessive lately. My favorite is Sugar Plum Fairy..it looks super purple in the tube which had me apprehensive but it is gorgeous! They are a little dry and hard to apply at first but the pigmentation is great, they last fairly long, and they dont dry your lips out. overall I am very happy with this product!

on 3/13/2015 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

For about $2 per color, the price simply cannot be beat! I picked up 4 of them when they were buy one, get one 50% off at Walgreens. These are good and are definitely worth more than you paid for them, but they aren't GREAT. I really like the color selection - I got them in Spiked With Rum (915B), Bare It All (902C), Just Peachy (903C), and Wine Room (906D).

They do have quite a bit of drag when you apply them on your lips and I definitely recommend applying an especially hydrating lip balm beforehand; they do tend to feel quite dry after an extended period of time.

One thing that was a bit of a nuisance to me was the cap. I found it quite difficult to take off & recap the lipstick without scraping some of the product on accident. This is probably because the lipstick doesn't retract all the way into the barrel until you used up a decent chunk of it.

Absolutely great for the price, that's all I got to say. But remember to use a lip balm!

on 3/13/2015 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

let me start off by saying i have a like fear of wearing lipstick and never wear it.LOVE i had tried one of these a couple years ago in a pinch for a pink lipstick i never buy wnw so i didn't buy it again then kathlenlighth raved about them (i will buy anything if she likes it) so i have to try them and ended up buying 12 opps. it is safe to say i am obsessed i have worn them non stop. i have tried almost all of them and the only one i dont like is doll house pink it is almost like sheer in a strange way but i can layer it with another on and it looks good.
fav shades:
vamp it up-unlike another a must buy
cherry bomb-dupe for ruby woo
dont blink pink-good for a basic pink
bare it all-my every day shade

on 2/22/2015 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm okay with this product. I got the color Just Peachy and love the rest of the colors. My problem with them is that it doesnt have a smooth application. I find myself dragging my lips with this. Doesn't wear great throughout the day. Ehh

on 2/12/2015 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I own a lot of these matte lipsticks. They are really good for under $2. The cult favourite 903C looks too orange on me but I love most of the other colours. With a balm underneath they aren't too drying and can last a while on the lips. I don't notice a strong scent from these lipsticks but the packaging could use a little work. I honestly like these but find myself reaching for revlon, maybelline or covergirl ones first.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love the semi-matte finish of it. I have it in Cinnamon Spice color. It's very pigmented. Tho' the lasting power is just average. But for such price, the quality is amazing!

on 2/9/2015 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

These are awesome lipsticks. The formula doesn't go on patchy or oddly, it lasts all day on me (as in through eating and drinking, no retouches), and even when it fades it fades beautifully. Aside from its amazing staying power, the other selling point is its color and finish. The color is amazing because you can dab it on and rub it in as a stain or put it on full on for opaque coverage. The finish is not matte as advertised but more semi-matte, however it does become more matte through the day. The only reason I took off a lippie is because it can be drying. Not at first, but after a few hours of wear. Just make sure to either exfoliate your lips before applying or put some lip balm on first. I own several but my favorites are Cherry Picking (red with pink undertones) and Mauve Outta Here (magenta-pink with purple undertones). I like to pair Mauve Outta Here with a nude gloss to made a beautiful nude-pink color. I seriously recommend these.

Video Reviews & Tutorials