Neutrogena SkinClearing Blemish Concealer

3.5

on 5/19/2013 4:30:00 PM

Too thin that it doesn't even cover anything. It's a bit expensive for that little amount of liquid though I like how there's a sponge at the tip of the pen. Doesn't help improve my acne scars either

on 4/21/2013 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

THIS WAS TERRIBLE! By far the worst concealer I have ever used! It was so thin, and you had to put a ton on if you wanted it to do anything. It also oxidized really bad and turned orange. It was a flaky mess too! And it didn't do anything for clearing up blemishes... DO. NOT. BUY. THIS.

on 2/19/2013 10:12:00 PM

I absolutely love this concealer! It matches my skin perfectly. I have Light 10. Works great for covering blemishes and even out red skin tone and acne scars in my T-zone. Doesn't make me break out. I don't think it heals blemishes but it covers well.

I do have acneprone skin and hyperpigmentation so I was hoping this product would help both cases, but I find it is very hard to blend. It dries almost immediately after you apply it and if you do try to blend it comes right off. I tried patting it on too, but it looks cakey and dries very visible. I just find it is too thin and not creamy enough. I am not really keen on the idea of a twist up packaging as it is very messy and can store bacteria. I would look other places for a concealer with more hope. Back on the hunt for my HG again..

on 1/27/2013 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

if you layer it it will do the trick. i still want to try the sonia kashuk concealer palette, but i am using this for right now

PROS: blends wonderfully. covers blemishes okay, doesnt make them worse :)

CONS: messy packaging; medium coverage.

Doesn't really do much. As many reviewers said, it's a thin consistency, so you really want to just pat and not rub to apply. Rubbing just makes it come off. Beyond that, it says that it's for blemishes, but it's too thin to actually hide anything. Maybe some skin discoloration. Unfortunately, it has salicylic acid (not enough to do anything, but enough to irritate the eye), so it can't be used for undereye circles or darkness. It also turns to this powdery finish once it settles which serves as a glaring sign to point out any acne, and it doesn't stay on for long.

on 10/4/2012 10:26:00 PM

I was really hoping that this product would impress me more than it did. I have moderate acne and wanted a concealer that didn't clog my pores. From the start I wasn't expecting my acne to clear up, and it didn't, so I guess that's a plus. But I have problems with the other areas. First, to get the product out, you twist the bottom which raises a lever that pushes out the concealer. So I started twisting...and kept twisting. Half the tube was gone before any concealer came out! It was almost seven dollars for half of what I anticipated getting-which wasn't nearly as much as say, the Covergirl Invisible Concealer. The color on me was okay, it was the application that threw me off. It doesn't blend very well at all, and cakes up quickly after you apply it. With raised acne, it makes that ungodly ring around the blemish, and doesn't cancel out any redness. When I went to blend it out, it dried and seperated on my face, so I was literally picking off concealer from my face. I can use it on small spots on the outside of my face, and it works okay as an under eye concealer, but that is about it. I was disappointed with this product

on 9/23/2012 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This product is okay. It does conceal blemishes pretty well, but sometimes the coverage looks very uneven. It doesn't really clear any blemishes either, but it doesn't really make it worse, which is pretty good. It also seems that there is very little of the product after you twist the bottom to start it. Overall, i guess I would buy it again because it is pretty cheap (the value could be better) and is good enough to use.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Since it's in a little twist-up stick, it's convenient in terms of packaging. The product, however, isn't all that great. It's okay. The coverage is not full coverage. It's good for covering small, slight discolorations, or redness, but if you want to conceal something really obvious, it doesn't work so well. It's easy to blend, but easy to wipe away. It's not very skin clearing. In fact, it doesn't do any skin clearing at all. Also, it's somewhat buildable. So the sheer coverage can be bumped up to medium coverage with a bit more effort to conceal what you need to. I'd only buy this again if I was desperate for a concealer and needed to pick one up on the spot right away.

on 8/10/2012 10:07:00 PM

I've tried Neutrogena concealers before and liked them, so I was expecting this one to work wayyy better than it did. First of all, it wasn't skin-clearing at all. I didn't think my skin was that sensitive, but there was something in this concealer that broke me out. It didn't have the full coverage I wanted, either.