July 28, 2014 | 1726 users online

Concealers - Neutrogena - SkinClearing Blemish Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by 1Dluver613

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

if you layer it it will do the trick. i still want to try the sonia kashuk concealer palette, but i am using this for right now

PROS: blends wonderfully. covers blemishes okay, doesnt make them worse :)

CONS: messy packaging; medium coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by diamondsinthegrass

Doesn't really do much. As many reviewers said, it's a thin consistency, so you really want to just pat and not rub to apply. Rubbing just makes it come off. Beyond that, it says that it's for blemishes, but it's too thin to actually hide anything. Maybe some skin discoloration. Unfortunately, it has salicylic acid (not enough to do anything, but enough to irritate the eye), so it can't be used for undereye circles or darkness. It also turns to this powdery finish once it settles which serves as a glaring sign to point out any acne, and it doesn't stay on for long.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by EmmaLouise18

I was really hoping that this product would impress me more than it did. I have moderate acne and wanted a concealer that didn't clog my pores. From the start I wasn't expecting my acne to clear up, and it didn't, so I guess that's a plus. But I have problems with the other areas. First, to get the product out, you twist the bottom which raises a lever that pushes out the concealer. So I started twisting...and kept twisting. Half the tube was gone before any concealer came out! It was almost seven dollars for half of what I anticipated getting-which wasn't nearly as much as say, the Covergirl Invisible Concealer. The color on me was okay, it was the application that threw me off. It doesn't blend very well at all, and cakes up quickly after you apply it. With raised acne, it makes that ungodly ring around the blemish, and doesn't cancel out any redness. When I went to blend it out, it dried and seperated on my face, so I was literally picking off concealer from my face. I can use it on small spots on the outside of my face, and it works okay as an under eye concealer, but that is about it. I was disappointed with this product

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Ua97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is okay. It does conceal blemishes pretty well, but sometimes the coverage looks very uneven. It doesn't really clear any blemishes either, but it doesn't really make it worse, which is pretty good. It also seems that there is very little of the product after you twist the bottom to start it. Overall, i guess I would buy it again because it is pretty cheap (the value could be better) and is good enough to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by smilewinklovearielle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since it's in a little twist-up stick, it's convenient in terms of packaging. The product, however, isn't all that great. It's okay. The coverage is not full coverage. It's good for covering small, slight discolorations, or redness, but if you want to conceal something really obvious, it doesn't work so well. It's easy to blend, but easy to wipe away. It's not very skin clearing. In fact, it doesn't do any skin clearing at all. Also, it's somewhat buildable. So the sheer coverage can be bumped up to medium coverage with a bit more effort to conceal what you need to. I'd only buy this again if I was desperate for a concealer and needed to pick one up on the spot right away.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by missmaddiee

I've tried Neutrogena concealers before and liked them, so I was expecting this one to work wayyy better than it did. First of all, it wasn't skin-clearing at all. I didn't think my skin was that sensitive, but there was something in this concealer that broke me out. It didn't have the full coverage I wanted, either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been my HG concealer for blemishes for years. I've bought several tubes. I only use it for blemishes. I really love the way it covers the redness, and that it helps to heal them a bit. I'm very fair and neutral-cool and the shade Fair 05 is perfect. You only need a very TINY amount of this. I don't use the sponge tip, I click out a tiny dollop of the product then use my finger to apply a small amount to the blemish and pat it to blend it out. I think it's important to note that you really need to tap or pat this on to blend it. If you try to swipe it or blend with a brush, it will disappear and won't work. This works great to cover redness if you do it this way. If you have a nasty zit, sometimes this can accentuate any dryness of the skin around it, so keep that in mind. I have also found that this will help to keep zits from becoming full-blown if I apply this over the red/swollen spot. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think I have found my HG blemish concealer!!!! :D

In the past month I have bought and returned probably 10 different concealers, everything from the cheapest to the most expensive and NONE of them cut back on the redness of my blemishes like this little powerhouse.

I don't get many blemishes, but when I do they get RED. As in, see it from across a football field red. So I needed a concealer that could cover that but wouldn't feel to heavy and cakey.

This concealer does just that.

It isn't SUPER high coverage, but definitely medium toward full coverage, at least for me.

It covers active blemishes really well, as well as those that I've messed with and have scabbed over. (I know I know it's bad to pick your blemishes...)

I have it in the color light and it matches my skin PERFECTLY. The finish of it is also quite natural, not to matte, which is something I am not fond of :P

Neutrogena claims that it will also aid in the reduction of blemishes, seeing as it contains salicylic acid. I've only been using it for a few days so I can't testify to that right now but I will definitely come back with an update.

I got this for 9 dollars and some change at Target, which is nice because I have seen it up to 12 freaking dollars at other places, so Target is the place to go! You can also return cosmetics there that are opened, no problem :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by dawlface123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product, but at first it was difficult to get used to it...
it is much lighter than all those heavy concealers but for someone who doesn't have THAT much acne, it works great!
The way i apply it is...
1.) Put foundation on first, i use Almay Smart Shade but I'm looking to replace it...so don't buy that particular one...i liked the neutrogena one and i'll probably switch back to that!
2.) Apply concealer on problem spots (just like any other one=])
3.) Use your finger to lightly DAB away, it's VERY light so if you dab to much (or to hard) or try to blend it, it will just disappear!

Honestly, I also like the fact that it fights acne with Saylic Acid,

MY SKIN TYPE:
As mentioned before I don't have a lot of acne, just a couple trouble spots (between my eyebrows and my forehead), usually this does the trick and by the time im dont it looks like i have no acne at all!
I have normal skin type, so I am not sure if this product is good for sensitive skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by ChickenBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this product. Is is a totally life changing, HG concealer? No. But it more than does the job and it's 8 bucks. Not bad.

However, there definitely seems to be a right and wrong way to apply this and that may be where people are running into problems.

Microclear dries to a powder finish VERY quickly upon application so you'd better be ready to blend it RIGHT AWAY.

If you don't, yeah- it's going to look like cheap and cakey.

The other complaint people have is that the formula is very thin. And it is.

But I think that's actually good- because if applied correctly, you'll just have nice subtle coverage rather than heavy, caked on concealer that TELEGRAPHS your acne problems to the world!

Remember when I said before that the trick is to blend? Well I lied. The trick is to *gently* STIPPLE. Preferably with some kind of sponge. The results will be pretty seamless and you'll look like you've got clear skin.

If you just blend aggressively, you're going to rub the product clear off your face!

We don't want that.

Once you've mastered the application, the pros of Microclear really outweigh the cons:

*It's cheap
*You can buy it anywhere if you run out
*The coverage is effective but subtle

And, best of all.....

*It doesn't cause breakouts and it really does seem to calm down existing spots.

When I wash my makeup off at night, I'm usually pleased to see that some of my bigger, cystic zits are on their way out. And I think I have Microclear to thank for that!