December 18, 2014 | 1526 users online

Concealers - Neutrogena - SkinClearing Blemish Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Hippiejazzie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this concealer! It matches my skin perfectly. I have Light 10. Works great for covering blemishes and even out red skin tone and acne scars in my T-zone. Doesn't make me break out. I don't think it heals blemishes but it covers well.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by HausofBellissima

I do have acneprone skin and hyperpigmentation so I was hoping this product would help both cases, but I find it is very hard to blend. It dries almost immediately after you apply it and if you do try to blend it comes right off. I tried patting it on too, but it looks cakey and dries very visible. I just find it is too thin and not creamy enough. I am not really keen on the idea of a twist up packaging as it is very messy and can store bacteria. I would look other places for a concealer with more hope. Back on the hunt for my HG again..

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by 1Dluver613

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

if you layer it it will do the trick. i still want to try the sonia kashuk concealer palette, but i am using this for right now

PROS: blends wonderfully. covers blemishes okay, doesnt make them worse :)

CONS: messy packaging; medium coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by diamondsinthegrass

Doesn't really do much. As many reviewers said, it's a thin consistency, so you really want to just pat and not rub to apply. Rubbing just makes it come off. Beyond that, it says that it's for blemishes, but it's too thin to actually hide anything. Maybe some skin discoloration. Unfortunately, it has salicylic acid (not enough to do anything, but enough to irritate the eye), so it can't be used for undereye circles or darkness. It also turns to this powdery finish once it settles which serves as a glaring sign to point out any acne, and it doesn't stay on for long.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by EmmaLouise18

I was really hoping that this product would impress me more than it did. I have moderate acne and wanted a concealer that didn't clog my pores. From the start I wasn't expecting my acne to clear up, and it didn't, so I guess that's a plus. But I have problems with the other areas. First, to get the product out, you twist the bottom which raises a lever that pushes out the concealer. So I started twisting...and kept twisting. Half the tube was gone before any concealer came out! It was almost seven dollars for half of what I anticipated getting-which wasn't nearly as much as say, the Covergirl Invisible Concealer. The color on me was okay, it was the application that threw me off. It doesn't blend very well at all, and cakes up quickly after you apply it. With raised acne, it makes that ungodly ring around the blemish, and doesn't cancel out any redness. When I went to blend it out, it dried and seperated on my face, so I was literally picking off concealer from my face. I can use it on small spots on the outside of my face, and it works okay as an under eye concealer, but that is about it. I was disappointed with this product

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Ua97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is okay. It does conceal blemishes pretty well, but sometimes the coverage looks very uneven. It doesn't really clear any blemishes either, but it doesn't really make it worse, which is pretty good. It also seems that there is very little of the product after you twist the bottom to start it. Overall, i guess I would buy it again because it is pretty cheap (the value could be better) and is good enough to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by smilewinklovearielle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Since it's in a little twist-up stick, it's convenient in terms of packaging. The product, however, isn't all that great. It's okay. The coverage is not full coverage. It's good for covering small, slight discolorations, or redness, but if you want to conceal something really obvious, it doesn't work so well. It's easy to blend, but easy to wipe away. It's not very skin clearing. In fact, it doesn't do any skin clearing at all. Also, it's somewhat buildable. So the sheer coverage can be bumped up to medium coverage with a bit more effort to conceal what you need to. I'd only buy this again if I was desperate for a concealer and needed to pick one up on the spot right away.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by missmaddiee

I've tried Neutrogena concealers before and liked them, so I was expecting this one to work wayyy better than it did. First of all, it wasn't skin-clearing at all. I didn't think my skin was that sensitive, but there was something in this concealer that broke me out. It didn't have the full coverage I wanted, either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been my HG concealer for blemishes for years. I've bought several tubes. I only use it for blemishes. I really love the way it covers the redness, and that it helps to heal them a bit. I'm very fair and neutral-cool and the shade Fair 05 is perfect. You only need a very TINY amount of this. I don't use the sponge tip, I click out a tiny dollop of the product then use my finger to apply a small amount to the blemish and pat it to blend it out. I think it's important to note that you really need to tap or pat this on to blend it. If you try to swipe it or blend with a brush, it will disappear and won't work. This works great to cover redness if you do it this way. If you have a nasty zit, sometimes this can accentuate any dryness of the skin around it, so keep that in mind. I have also found that this will help to keep zits from becoming full-blown if I apply this over the red/swollen spot. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think I have found my HG blemish concealer!!!! :D

In the past month I have bought and returned probably 10 different concealers, everything from the cheapest to the most expensive and NONE of them cut back on the redness of my blemishes like this little powerhouse.

I don't get many blemishes, but when I do they get RED. As in, see it from across a football field red. So I needed a concealer that could cover that but wouldn't feel to heavy and cakey.

This concealer does just that.

It isn't SUPER high coverage, but definitely medium toward full coverage, at least for me.

It covers active blemishes really well, as well as those that I've messed with and have scabbed over. (I know I know it's bad to pick your blemishes...)

I have it in the color light and it matches my skin PERFECTLY. The finish of it is also quite natural, not to matte, which is something I am not fond of :P

Neutrogena claims that it will also aid in the reduction of blemishes, seeing as it contains salicylic acid. I've only been using it for a few days so I can't testify to that right now but I will definitely come back with an update.

I got this for 9 dollars and some change at Target, which is nice because I have seen it up to 12 freaking dollars at other places, so Target is the place to go! You can also return cosmetics there that are opened, no problem :)