December 20, 2014 | 1680 users online

Foundations - Bourjois - Matte Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by cthour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love it!! This is the 3rd time I purchased this product and it's really my all time fav foundation. Glad I found it. Searching for a foundation that is not heavy,non-pore clogging and looks natural and matte is NOT easy and this foundation just meets all criteria! Especially for my oily,acne-prone skin, I need a foundation that doesn't make my acne and oil worse. Tried clinique, revlon colorstay,etc- but they're all too heavy and feels so unhealthy. Feels like my skin can't breathe and my acne is getting worse under it. So I decided to search for a light but moderate coverage foundation which will help me keep my skin healthy whilst I'm under acne treatment. And this mineral matte foundation was all I had been looking for all these while. It lasts a good 6-8 hrs on me-easy to reapply (unlike liquid foundations) and it blends like a dreaaamm!! Feels so light and comfortable on my skin. Comes in a cute jar, which I like but have to be extra careful to avoid contamination. Price is not that high either and it lasts for quite a long time before it runs out. Highly recommended for girls with oily,troubled skin who wants a light-medium coverage, healthy foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

Wow! This product surprised me! I'm not even a big fan of Bourjois to be honest, but a friend gave me this. I like the matte mousse foundations. I also got the brush which you have to buy in addition to this foundation for best results. The brush is a kabuki type brush that you can smooth this product on for a flawless airbrush effect! I love it. It helped control my somewhat oily skin and slight breakout (I wouldn't recommend this for someone with a lot of acne though as it might look drying). Definitely love this foundation! Price isn't too bad either!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2011 5:58:00 AM More reviews by kyraaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I am not sure of my MAC foundation shade but I am wearing this foundation in 83, Sable Fondu. It is a perfect match now after I went to the beach about one month ago and tanned a little >< I was swatching between 82 and 83 because they are quite similar. Then I realized that 82 has pink undertones(which suits cool skin) whereas 83 has yellow undertones which is perfect for my warm skin.

However, I don't know whether it will be too dark for me if my skin goes lighter and I already bought 2 of this foundation because it was on promotion. =D

It goes onto your skin like a dream. Best foundation that I've ever used. I use my Body Shop's kabuki brush with this and it's perfect. I wouldn't advise anyone to use a sponge with it because it may not go on that smoothly.

Though I've only used foundation from Maybelline and The Body Shop before, I can say this is the best! This really suits oily skin very well. Do not get it if you have dry flakes over your skin as the foundation is mattifying and will cling onto the dry skin. Oh and this foundation has a weird smell too but I don't mind at all.

I love it! It's my HG now, though I'm always attracted to buying more foundations. =p
Love Bourjois pot blushes too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Rylko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only foundation that I have used that I have bought a second time! I love this product, it glides on smoothly on my face with the use of the mini kabuki (which is another gem). And it lasts a good 6 months, considering I use it almost everyday and need high coverage as I have lots of blemishes to cover!

First the review on the mousse foundation, I find this works very well for my oily skin. I have tried using loose powder and pressed powder, they always turn out cakey on my face and looks very unnatural! But, not with this! It sits on my face and doesn't cake or smear despite having possibly the oiliest skin on earth. Of course, I have to still blot my face every 4 hours. I doubt it helps much with oil control. But, I still love it to death because it looks like I have oily skin instead of oily skin WITH makeup on.

When I first tried the brush, it was baby soft. I was taken aback! It is travel friendly and works very well with the foundation. However, after so many countless washes, it feels a little stiff. I suspect it's because I use a shampoo to wash instead of proper makeup brush cleaners. High time I invested in a good makeup brush cleaner! I am considering re-buying the brush again soon. But, I have used the brush for more than 2 years now and it is still in good condition, so I guess I will still use it for applying blushes.

Great product, I really hope they don't change anything about it EVER!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 10:10:00 AM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

today is the first day i wore this, and is so far happy with it. just last week, i went on a foundation-spree, as my compact was finishing...and i went on a hunt for the next better thingy. this might fit the throne. im ard NC25-30, and using #82 perfect shade for me. not too yellowish, i hate yellow-based makeup, cos we're already yellow asians, what more could we want? post-natal acne is bad around the cheeks and i wld usually use Mac BB cream before foundation. but today, i went with sunscreen, and this mineral matte mousse. such a dream to apply, just go in circular motion through out face. it covers all scars & marks beautifully. and most impressively, it does not cake like how usual mineral powders wld cake when i sweat in the humidity. this stays put til after lunchtime. even the usual grease was undetectable, i look like i had good skin for awhile.by 4+pm, i had to touch up once, and skin looks good. so far, this had bn the best i've tried for years. cld be my next HG. i pray it dont break me out. if it does, i will update.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by sephora0205

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

foundation tend not to stay on my face longer than 3 - 4 hours. was searching for long lasting foundation that does not look too heavy and i think i found one. it has a semi-matte finish and does not feel heavy on the skin. i can also use less concealer because of its medium/full coverage.
pros:
quick and easy application
blends beautifully
shade 83 matches me perfectly (nc 25/30)
no darkening
stays on for 7 - 8 hours!
cons:
i live in canada and $28CDN is tad high for non HE foundation
brush is sold separately ($15 CDN)
packaging is flimsy

overall i am very happy with this foundation and plan to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a review only for the Matter Mineral Brush - I haven't used the foundation.
But the brush is the softest, densest and most convenient you can get for the price. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:
*Small size - perfect for small faces, for targeted application and fits into your purse or handbag.
*No long handles - it fits in your palm.
*Smooth tapered bristles - no brush marks on your skin.
*Slight domed top - no tide marks with your products and every stroke is already blended out.
*Dense hairs - and yet I never see any residue. I just lightly brush it against an old T-shirt to keep it clean.

I have two of these, which I use to apply compact powder (Select Sheer Loose) and blush/highlighter. It works excellently.
Plus I bought it at a wholesale Make-up shop in Mumbai, so it only cost me Rs 320. That's about $6. Imagine!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by maithy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It blends good on normal or oily skin, as many mousse or cream foundations, dry skin and flakiness will be more obvious. No masky and fresh, light (as long as u choose the right shade, its a bit hard coz it just 6 shades, mine is 82, match to my Asian fair skin). Controls oil pretty good, cover flaws medium, and applying is very quick, by it seamlessly effect, this is the only foundation that I just have to spent 1 min to apply it. The only down side is it clog into my pores a bit. Anyway, its worth trying.
UPDATE: Im combo dry. I have some dry, red patches on cheeks after 3 times of using this. So once again, I recommended this one for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this foundation for about three months now, and I really like it. I've found that mousse makeup in general has proven to be a really good option for my extremely oily skin. I'd been loyal to Bare Minerals for over a year, but decided to try Bourjois Mineral Matte on a whim (and partly because I've had really good luck with the Maybelline Dream Mousse concealer). I mainly use this to even out the redness I get through my t-zone and it does a good job of that. I would say the coverage is light, but you could probably safely build it up to medium coverage--any more than that and it would probably start to look cakey. The lasting power is pretty decent. It keeps my skin looking nice and even throughout the day without touchups. I do still have to blot, but my skin is VERY oily. My only real gripe about this product is the packaging. I wish there was some other packaging option for mousse foundations/concealers other than a pot, because I find that over time the product gets grubby and dried out. (I have the same issue with the Maybelline concealer). I really like to buff this into my skin with a kabuki, but dipping the kabuki in the pot results in bits of lint getting ground into the product, no matter how fastidious I am about cleaning my brushes. I've started just using a synthetic concealer brush to pick up some of the product and pat it onto my skin and then buff with the kabuki, just so I can keep the product from getting dirty. Oh, and I should mention that there is fragrance in this product. I think it's supposed to be a rosy floral scent, but it has kind of a strange chemical quality to it. I actually kind of like the way it smells, but if you don't like fragrance in your makeup or if you're sensitive to fragrance, steer clear! Overall, I will probably buy this again because the finish/lasting power is better than anything else I've tried and it doesn't seem to aggravate my oily/blemish prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2010 9:19:00 AM More reviews by vidz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have the opposite problem from the previous user. The darkest colour sold in my country is 84. After searching high and low, I finally gave in and bought shade 85 (beautiful colour btw) off Ebay. It has a wonderful light texture and the smell is non-offensive. So many of these foundations smell too chemical-ly they're almost unbearable to wear first thing in the morning. No need to powder after wearing this, atleast for the first few hours. Beware, this flakes terribly if you have dry patchy skin like I do. Wear a thick layer of moisturiser and instead of the circular motions suggested, just try dabbing it until blended. It is a godsend for people with oilier complexions and hasn't seem to have broken me out yet or reacted with my sensitive skin. One thing though, I love bourjois products but their shade range is too damn limited. I know they cater for a european market but I hope they incorporate some olive tones soon. The one I'm wearing is an ok match but only because I'm tan now. If not, I can forsee it looking orangey.

Also I have to brag about this. THis was my first ebay purchase. In my country it retails for SGD30 exlcuding the brush (SGD12) but I managed to get a set at only SGD24!!!!! Everyone loves a bargain. The only thing is, I couldn't find a manufacturing or expiry date anywhere on the product, so that's a bit worrying.

Update: I was wrong. The colour is actually a too dark and too pink for my warm olive NC42, MUFE#153 complexion. However it's still the closest match. Bourjois, shame on your shade selection!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No